Do You Like Idle Chit-Chat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most people you talk to are not going to be interested unless you can offer them something. This is where the fun comes in. You get them excited about talking about themselves and they tell you all kinds of interesting things.

All I find is they just want to talk MORE about themselves. People don't naturally consider the other person, if you let them be selfish, they will take it all the way.....
What I find is that some people start feeling funny at some point and start wanting you to reciprocate after they have satisfied themselves that you think they are interesting. Some people like you say are so beaten down they absolutely glow in the attention and never stop talking about themselves.

I guess. I'm not saying I'm right or anything, I'm just saying "what is" for me.
I'm not willing to make changes at 52
I am pretty much a loner in real life - so it's not a big deal, but women are just so shallow and catty.... hard to find people that want to be real.....

Hey... That's what I wanted to "know about women" in that other thread.
Why can't they get along. Particularly at work. The worst office feuds are almost ALWAYS between women..

Is THAT the catty you're talking about??

That is why most of my best friends are guys...no drama. Having my 2 boys is awesome as well, no drama..

True of MOST guys. But my more urban friends -- being the metros they are -- are much higher maintenance than my local buds..

I'm just careful who I talk to. If someone isn't interested in me, I don't want to be around them.
And vice versa
Most people you talk to are not going to be interested unless you can offer them something. This is where the fun comes in. You get them excited about talking about themselves and they tell you all kinds of interesting things.

All I find is they just want to talk MORE about themselves. People don't naturally consider the other person, if you let them be selfish, they will take it all the way.....
What I find is that some people start feeling funny at some point and start wanting you to reciprocate after they have satisfied themselves that you think they are interesting. Some people like you say are so beaten down they absolutely glow in the attention and never stop talking about themselves.

I guess. I'm not saying I'm right or anything, I'm just saying "what is" for me.
I am pretty much a loner in real life - so it's not a big deal, but women are just so shallow and catty.... hard to find people that want to be real.....

Why can't they get along. Particularly at work. The worst office feuds are almost ALWAYS between women..

Yes. Women are retarded. Men are much easier to get along with.....

You're brutally honest. I think they're only retarded around other women !!! :tomato:

You're brutally honest. I think they're only retarded around other women !!! :tomato:

Especially today. I don't know what's up with that! Kind of liberating though ;)
women should not hang out with each other! certainly not work for each other!

I know . . . like you! Someone asks to not do something, and then you turn around and do it anyways! You also talk about people when they aren't around to defend themselves and act as if you are innocent and don't do these things. Tsk, tsk, tsk. That would make for BAD office politics. ;)

Or in front of an entire forum full of strangers. :D

I think middle aged and older women are the MOST catty. That is pretty much on display here every single day. Look at the threads started about me by some of the "ladies" around here? Look at some of the posts about me? Bonzi has started threads about me, Gracie has, amongst others. Some of them have been really mean and nasty ones that are full of nothing but lies too. So, before you go crying about others being "catty", you REALLY need to take a closer look in the mirror at your own behavior. I can provide links as well if need be. :D I get along well with the younger women in most instances.

I think middle aged and older women are the MOST catty. That is pretty much on display here every single day. Look at the threads started about me by some of the "ladies" around here? Look at some of the posts about me? Bonzi has started threads about me, Gracie has, amongst others. Some of them have been really mean and nasty ones that are full of nothing but lies too. So, before you go crying about others being "catty", you REALLY need to take a closer look in the mirror at your own behavior. I can provide links as well if need be. :D I get along well with the younger women in most instances.
article-0-1ADD52D1000005DC-891_306x423.jpg

I work with women and for a woman (a woman is my immediate supervisor). I don't have any problems at work ever. :) I haven't worked there very long yet, but everyone seems nice so far. Then again, the ladies at work do NOT act like some of the *ahem* ladies here do. :D So, different environment completely. A far more serious environment that is taken seriously.

It's funny too because I just saw a movie called "3 Hours Later" - and it started out about this topic. Women and jealous - between sisters in law and at work....

Where are my glass slippers?? I'm a diva dammit!

I know . . . like you! Someone asks to not do something, and then you turn around and do it anyways! You also talk about people when they aren't around to defend themselves and act as if you are innocent and don't do these things. Tsk, tsk, tsk. That would make for BAD office politics. ;)

Here we go.. I'm gonna try that advice from Asclepsias and see if it works. :lmao:

You don't need to battle with Bonzi -- you're both very good at what you do.. And we're all on the same mission here. To kill time and remember how to type fast..

Glass is out this year.Wood is the in thing.

4a3259ab94ebf7162f02803034b798fa.jpg

Here we go.. I'm gonna try that advice from Asclepsias and see if it works. :lmao:

You don't need to battle with Bonzi -- you're both very good at what you do.. And we're all on the same mission here. To kill time and remember how to type fast..

How is telling the truth battling? :D I'm just pointing out that people are representing themselves as something that they are not?

Forget it. I won't marry you.

Now guys do that all the time.. But that's just sparring and if anyone got hurt. We'd all break and have another beer. This woman on woman violence is different. No prisoners are taken..

Cut it out... ALL of you.. :tongue-44: 'cept Gracie. She'll kick my ass..

No battle on my part :)

Forget it. I won't marry you.

Don't wanna be Mrs HossFly???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back