Do you know birds by their sounds?

Baron Von Murderpaws

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2021
In the recesses of your mind
I've been in the apartment I'm in for 5 years now. There is a tree outside my balcony, and a couple of birds sing in it every morning.

I know one bird from it's cooing sounds, is a Dove. And there's always plenty around here.
But I don't know what the other bird is. I've never actually seen it in the tree, but I hear it clearly.

The best I can describe its sound is ...........

pewwwww.......pewwww......tweet tweet.....TWEET TWEET

Would really like to know what kind of bird it is.

1648909800681.png

*****SMILE*****

:)

Singing birds are a happy sound, especially in the spring after everyone is good and tired of winter. For me, they're best in the morning, before it gets light out.

I've been in the apartment I'm in for 5 years now. There is a tree outside my balcony, and a couple of birds sing in it every morning.

I know one bird from it's cooing sounds, is a Dove. And there's always plenty around here.
But I don't know what the other bird is. I've never actually seen it in the tree, but I hear it clearly.

The best I can describe its sound is ...........

pewwwww.......pewwww......tweet tweet.....TWEET TWEET

Would really like to know what kind of bird it is.

Not the robin is it?

They all seem to sound the same when I slice them and put them on my plate.

I tried to record the birds song, but it goes quiet when I try to record, and then starts singing again when I stop.
Go figure!! It must be the Smart Ass bird. :laughing0301:

It's song sounds like:
pewwww, pewwww and then a two second silence, then
tweet tweet and then two loud TWEET TWEETs

It doesn't sing very long in the mornings, maybe about 10 minutes or so. And then it stops.

The field beside my house has become the nesting place of the rare Ono bird. This odd bird has legs 2 inches long, but testicles hang 2 1/2 inches. You can hear their call every evening when they start to land in the field for the night.

Everything from Hummingbirds to Eagles. I have seen and heard almost every variety of North American birds in central MN.
The loudest are the Cardinals, Crows and Sandhill Cranes.

It's Springtime. The sparrows have returned here in NW Ohio. I don't know where they disappear to in the winter, but they are here now. They nest underneath the precast concrete stairs leading up to my porch like it's their steel reinforced bomb shelter or something. And I know they came back, not just because of their tweeting, they seem to do a spring cleaning and throw out all the junk from their nest. Then I have to get out a broom and sweep it up off my walkway. You could probably set your clock to them. Just before the sunrise they start tweeting away.

Next will be the robins, as usual. Sometimes I won't see or hear robins all day, but as soon as I mow the lawn there will be dozens of them out there in the yard that seem to come out of nowhere. My next door neighbor theorizes that they do that because the vibration from the lawnmower engine tricks the earthworms into assuming that it is raining and they come to the surface to avoid drowning. Then the robins just naturally show up for the easy feast.

Kinda like when you are fishing and screw an old pickup truck's coil spring into the ground and bang on it with a hammer. The vibration causes the worms to come to the surface and you gather free fishbait.

Last edited:
Singing birds are a happy sound, especially in the spring after everyone is good and tired of winter. For me, they're best in the morning, before it gets light out.

Except for crows.
I hate those fucking things with a passion!!!!
Right at the crack of dawn they start cawing their heads off when we're at the lease.
After drinking a bit to much the night before it grates on the nerves and makes sleep impossible.
Does no good shooting em either,they just come right back.

I've done some research online, and according to many bird watchers and bird experts............
It's either a Tufted Titmouse or a Northern Cardinal.

I haven't heard it again since I started this thread. But still listening for it.

with my bird friend today...he knows me and I love him and I feed him.On my terrace ....many birds come here I love them all!

I do know how my birds sound.
1649914333121.png

I instantly recognize the sound of the magpies!

Also the doves.

Forum List

Back