do you judge the thread by the threader?

froggy

Gold Member
Aug 18, 2009
do you look at who posted something and that decides whether you want to look at it or not?

do you look at who posted something and that decides whether you want to look at it or not?

Just Chris and JB. But then I have to look to have a good laugh and make them look even dumber then they already are.

You will find that several liberals judge posts by who posted it though, ignoring any links or facts and attacking the poster. Followed by attacking the author of any study or information if it is not what they want to believe. Few ever address the information provided just resorting to character assassination.

Who posted it doesn't dictate whether or not I'll read it.. The title combined with the "who" does.

Example: If I see a thread from Manifold with a "Why does...", I know he's stirring up shit, and I'll read it.

Example: If I see a thread from Charlie Bass with "Gay" in the title, I just skip right over it.

Actually, there is one exception. If I see a thread from JenT, I'll skip right on by it. But usually, who doesn't dictate what I'll read. Title content does.

Not often.

I usually read the popup describing the first lines of the thread and decide if I think it's interesting from there.

I try not to know whose posts I'm reading as I read all the posts in a thread, too.

That way, if somebody has written something particularly good or bad, I arrive at that conclusion sans whatever prejudice I might already have about that author.

Sometimes people who I generally think are pretty dumb make some fairly acute observations or comments.

The point is one never knows where one might find a new perspective or factoid, and if you come to it not knowing who has written it, you'll evaluate it more honestly than if you read it knowing its author.

In a place like this, it's what is written on the page that really matters, not how you or I might feel about the personality that wrote it.

Sometimes.

I tend to avoid threads with titles like 'liberals/Conservatives are great' or 'liberals/Conservatives suck' as they tend to be childish reach out threads looking for self affirmation.

Forum List

Back