Do you have a teenager?

Besides I was a pretty difficult teenager...

As far as school..

Well I remember a teacher saying: "you have the most potential out of any student I have ever had yet you throw it all away" then she cried....

Maybe you weren't challenged enough in school, and acted out? Or didn't think it was 'worth it?'

Glad to see she cared though. Did she 'get through' to you after all?

OK, I won't.

And I don't.

I don't put anything on my car.

It's ok to proud of your child Nick......because they are a good person with good character.

And those parents that do have those bumper stickers must be proud of their child. It's better than a bumper sticker that says:

"My child made bail again!"

Oh I didn't mean for my comment to be an insult...

Well, I personally find the bumper stickers to be arrogant.... Hey but so am I to some extent so I suppose I'm no better than they are by de facto.

I've seen some bumper stickers that said:

"My child can beat up your honor roll student"

:lol:

Ok you just made me spit out a perfectly good sip of beer...

What kind of things are they 'into?'

What do they do for fun?

Mini EZ is loving her classes, she loves her comparative religion class, AP US History Class and her English class,,and is learning to love her German class.

For fun she loves anything Star Wars and Kevin Smith and Quentin Tarantino Movies, hanging with her best friend Leslie and of course playing with our 3 cats. She's back to reading novels for in her spare time, which is great!

the boy loves his saxophone, his computer/video games, his friends... loves traveling with us and going to museums. loves the house on the jersey shore, he loves his fencing classes and school classes except for math, which he doesn't love. on TV, he likes NCIS and Big Bang Theory. He also loves reading, particularly mythology, Rick Riordan books and the 007 books right now.

Last edited:

What do they do for fun?

Mini EZ is loving her classes, she loves her comparative religion class, AP US History Class and her English class,,and is learning to love her German class.

For fun she loves anything Star Wars and Kevin Smith and Quentin Tarantino Movies, hanging with her best friend Leslie and of course playing with our 3 cats. She's back to reading novels for in her spare time, which is great!

the boy loves his saxophone, his computer/video games, his friends... loves traveling with us and going to museums. loves the house on the jersey shore, he loves his fencing classes and school classes except for math, which he doesn't love. on TV, he likes NCIS and Big Bang Theory. He also loves reading, particularly mythology, Rick Riordan books and the 007 books right now.

And he loves Rupert too! :D

He's a good boy, you must be so proud of him! And you're a good mom, I know you and he do many wonderful things together....he's a lucky guy to have such great parents! Tell him I found the necklace, but you guys have to come to Indiana to get it! :D

Don't tell me you're one of those parents with the "my kid is an honor role student at _________" pasted on your car...

OK, I won't.

And I don't.

It's ok to proud of your child Nick......because they are a good person with good character.

And those parents that do have those bumper stickers must be proud of their child. It's better than a bumper sticker that says:

Well, I personally find the bumper stickers to be arrogant.... Hey but so am I to some extent so I suppose I'm no better than they are by de facto.

I used to get really annoyed by that, too. I felt like the parents were trying to live vicariously through their children. Then someone wiser than I pointed out that the kid must want the bumper sticker displayed. So now it doesn't bother me.

We just frame all the certificates and awards and put them on the wall in the boy's room. :)

Besides I was a pretty difficult teenager...

As far as school..

Well I remember a teacher saying: "you have the most potential out of any student I have ever had yet you throw it all away" then she cried....

Maybe you weren't challenged enough in school, and acted out? Or didn't think it was 'worth it?'

Glad to see she cared though. Did she 'get through' to you after all?

Naw, never got through to me..

I was the type of teenager that would ditch class, not do homework but when I did come to class I would get an A or B on tests... Well those A's and B's don't average out well when you miss class and don't do your homework...

But the thing I don't understand is that I proved myself - forget the homework, I already knew what they were attempting to teach me....

I'm sorry she cried but at the same time, and I believe this to this day - why do I have to prove my knowledge to the world.

I'm a libertarian and am against conformity and we live in a conformist world...

I suppose even to this day I have a problem with the world trying to influence a person to conform to some sort of standard..

Well i believe what I'm trying to say is that when people tell you that your philosophy and worldview is "socially unacceptable" and you challenge those who claim that there will be consequences..

But this is who I am today and I would change nothing...

OK, I won't.

And I don't.

I used to get really annoyed by that, too. I felt like the parents were trying to live vicariously through their children. Then someone wiser than I pointed out that the kid must want the bumper sticker displayed. So now it doesn't bother me.

We just frame all the certificates and awards and put them on the wall in the boy's room. :)

Well if the kid wants it displayed as some sort of pride thats fine - its a kid but the parents on the other hand?

I actually tried for a year in school and made the honor roll but they didn't handout those stickers back then, but if they had and if I had a choice I would probably tell my parents not to put it on...

I think I would, but it's difficult to tell what you would do 20 years after the fact. I'm pretty certain I'd be against it...

Quite frankly I'm not sure my parents would have ever asked me :lol:

My mom may have put the sticker on the back of the Chevette if she got one... I don't know about my dad....

I suppose it doesn't matter because they never got one...

Well if the kid wants it displayed as some sort of pride thats fine - its a kid but the parents on the other hand?

I actually tried for a year in school and made the honor roll but they didn't handout those stickers back then, but if they had and if I had a choice I would probably tell my parents not to put it on...

I think I would, but it's difficult to tell what you would do 20 years after the fact. I'm pretty certain I'd be against it...

My mom may have put the sticker on the back of the Chevette if she got one... I don't know about my dad....

they didn't hand out those things back when i was in school either. at least not in NYC public schools. i'd have probably liked the idea of having it on the car. but i think it would have been displayed elsewhere b/c my dad was never the type to put stickers on his car and my mom always hated doing stuff she thought would get my head all swelled. (i think she also didn't want to seem like she favored me over my brother or vice versa). When i went to college i finally put a SUNY Binghamton sticker inside the back window of my car. lol..

Last edited:

they didn't hand out those things back when i was in school either. at least not in NYC public schools. i'd have probably liked the idea of having it on the car. but i think it would have been displayed elsewhere b/c my dad was never the type to put stickers on his car and my mom always hated doing stuff she thought would get my head all swelled. (i think she also didn't want to seem like she favored me over my brother or vice versa). When i went to college i finally put a SUNY Binghamton sticker inside the back window of my car. lol..

I think they actually gave me a blue ribbon instead of a bumper sticker..

They used to hand those things out like water tho....

I remember my school (remind you these are 8 yearolds) used to have some sort of "Olympics" where we would race one another and see how far one could jump - then they'd hand out ribbons like gold, silver and bronze metals...

It's so funny to think how different today is...

They would never allow an "Olympics" today - they'd call the competitiveness "discrimination."

Don't tell me you're one of those parents with the "my kid is an honor role student at _________" pasted on your car...

:lol: I just wear the hoodies the school hands out, swiped from my teens of course! :lol:

:lol: I just wear the hoodies the school hands out, swiped from my teens of course! :lol:

:lol:

You made me waste another sip of beer...

What is it with you people?

I suppose its like stealing candy from a baby....:lol:

Gimme dat... :lol:

I remember my school (remind you these are 8 yearolds) used to have some sort of "Olympics" where we would race one another and see how far one could jump - then they'd hand out ribbons like gold, silver and bronze metals...

They would never allow an "Olympics" today - they'd call the competitiveness "discrimination."

i haven't found that in my dealings with my son's schools. in fact, in ny, kids now have to apply to high school and are only guaranteed getting in to their own zoned school. if they want any other type of program, they have to test, audition and fill out an application. but they have stopped playing dodgeball... which i think is really nuts. i don't believe in rewarding every kid equally. encouragement is important, but if a kid excels, they should be recognized for it.

i haven't found that in my dealings with my son's schools. in fact, in ny, kids now have to apply to high school and are only guaranteed getting in to their own zoned school. if they want any other type of program, they have to test, audition and fill out an application. but they have stopped playing dodgeball... which i think is really nuts. i don't believe in rewarding every kid equally. encouragement is important, but if a kid excels, they should be recognized for it.

Oh the suburbs are generally normal, but the CPS are like North Korea...

lol...

What do they do for fun?

Three.

1 Boy, 19. He is into aname and women :smoke:
1 Boy, 15. He enjoys woods bumming and hunting pigs with bows, dogs, and knives with his Father (me) as well as JROTC and sports. He also plays guitar.
1 Girl, 14. She writes, paints, and sings. Cant stand to be around me, Although I did win some brownie points for getting her linkin park tickets one time. I wasn't allowed to go, but her Mom was.

Last edited:
whew i had one....a decade ago....i imagine its still just as hard.....mine was a goth for a while....all them little individuals dressed in black

i dont think i could handle another one

lol...

It's true - they send all the smart ones to charter schools while the apes and gang members physically destroy the Chicago public schools...

Then they tell/teach these idiots how great communism is and that Obama is God...

Oh and that the only reason why they're barbarians is because of racism....

Yeah they spend 4 years trying to learn that bullshit....

Of course this is while they send all the smart ones to the charter schools... The same smart kids that would call bullshit in a second and would lay the facts down...

whew i had one....a decade ago....i imagine its still just as hard.....mine was a goth for a while....all them little individuals dressed in black

i dont think i could handle another one

At times, I count days on a calendar. On others I get depressed that they not only dont need me, but actually want me the hell out of the way

Forum List

Back