Do you Believe Kavanaugh's Rape Accuser?

Do you believe Kavanaughs rape accuser?

• Yes

Votes: 27 19.6%
  • No

Votes: 111 80.4%

• Total voters
More evidence that what the Democrats are doing is to DELIBERATELY delay the nomination process as long as they can, Ford OBVIOUSLY no longer has a credible allegation, so by a miracle a new accuser suddenly show up just in time to keep the farce going.

Senate Judiciary panel’s top Democrat calls for delay in Kavanaugh hearing after new allegation

Democrats don't realize they are destroying themselves over this blatant gambit to delay the nomination vote.
Why are you diverting the discussion?

Yes of course the Dems are trying to block the nomination. That’s the goal. Doesn’t mean all the stories are made up. You shouldn’t conflate the two. It’s not honest

Actually NONE of the SIX named "witnesses" supported the second accuser:

New Yorker Publishes Accusation Containing ZERO Evidence to Support, and 100% of Evidence To Refute…

Pathetic!
I think you would be better served going straight to the source instead of posting links of interpretations from blantantly bias news outlets. Your link was referring to the New Yorker. Here is the passage from the New Yorker article that made them draw those conclusions. Let me know if you think their assessment is honest.

———
The New Yorker has not confirmed with other eyewitnesses that Kavanaugh was present at the party. The magazine contacted several dozen classmates of Ramirez and Kavanaugh regarding the incident. Many did not respond to interview requests; others declined to comment, or said they did not attend or remember the party. A classmate of Ramirez’s, who declined to be identified because of the partisan battle over Kavanaugh’s nomination, said that another student told him about the incident either on the night of the party or in the next day or two. The classmate said that he is “one-hundred-per-cent sure” that he was told at the time that Kavanaugh was the student who exposed himself to Ramirez. He independently recalled many of the same details offered by Ramirez, including that a male student had encouraged Kavanaugh as he exposed himself. The classmate, like Ramirez, recalled that the party took place in a common room on the first floor in Entryway B of Lawrance Hall, during their freshman year. “I’ve known this all along,” he said. “It’s been on my mind all these years when his name came up. It was a big deal.” The story stayed with him, he said, because it was disturbing and seemed outside the bounds of typically acceptable behavior, even during heavy drinking at parties on campus. The classmate said that he had been shocked, but not necessarily surprised, because the social group to which Kavanaugh belonged often drank to excess. He recalled Kavanaugh as “relatively shy” until he drank, at which point he said that Kavanaugh could become “aggressive and even belligerent.”

Senate Democrats Investigate a New Allegation of Sexual Misconduct, from the Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s College Years

Did you notice that NOT one of them actually supports her stated claims?

Meanwhile from her OWN words showing that she was on the ground DRUNK!

From your link,

"Ramirez said that, when both she and Kavanaugh were freshmen at Yale, she was invited by a friend on the women’s soccer team to a dorm-room party. She recalled that the party took place in a suite at Lawrance Hall, in the part of Yale known as Old Campus, and that a small group of students decided to play a drinking game together. “We were sitting in a circle,” she said. “People would pick who drank.” Ramirez was chosen repeatedly, she said, and quickly became inebriated. At one point, she said, a male student pointed a gag plastic penis in her direction. Later, she said, she was on the floor, foggy and slurring her words, as that male student and another stood nearby. (Ramirez identified the two male onlookers, but, at her request, The New Yorker is not naming them.)

A third male student then exposed himself to her. “I remember a penis being in front of my face,” she said. “I knew that’s not what I wanted, even in that state of mind.” She recalled remarking, “That’s not a real penis,” and the other students laughing at her confusion and taunting her, one encouraging her to “kiss it.” She said that she pushed the person away, touching it in the process. Ramirez, who was raised a devout Catholic, in Connecticut, said that she was shaken. “I wasn’t going to touch a penis until I was married,” she said. “I was embarrassed and ashamed and humiliated.” She remembers Kavanaugh standing to her right and laughing, pulling up his pants. “Brett was laughing,” she said. “I can still see his face, and his hips coming forward, like when you pull up your pants.” She recalled another male student shouting about the incident. “Somebody yelled down the hall, ‘Brett Kavanaugh just put his penis in Debbie’s face,’ ” she said. “It was his full name. I don’t think it was just ‘Brett.’ And I remember hearing and being mortified that this was out there.”

red and black bolding mine

According to her she was VERY drunk laying down on the ground when Kavanaugh allegedly pull his pants down by her. So you are going to overlook the well known fact that roaring drunk people tends to do stupid things, that she who was describes as a devout catholic allows herself to be part of a drinking game.

"Later, she said, she was on the floor, foggy and slurring her words,..."

I didn't realize VERY DRUNK people can remember it with such a clarity, the name, the face and the penis and I know pigs flies too.....

She specifically says she was INEBRIATED, FOGGY headed and very drunk, but amazingly recalls the alleged event with unusual clarity 34 years later!

:bs1:
Yes I noticed all those observations. But you have to admit your link had a distorted spin on the story. I wasn’t at the party nor have I spoken or even seen anybody speak about the incident so like the ford story I can’t pass judgement yet. You seem to want to jump right into saying it’s all bullshit because she admitted she was drunk. I find that interesting and unrealistic. It’s fair to be skeptical and ask questions, but to draw a conclusion tells me you aren’t being fair minded.

Have YOU ever been roaring drunk with a confused head?

Right from the start there are already a number of people disputing her claims....
I had plenty of drunk nights from college that I have a hazy recollection of. I think that’s true for most people especially thinking back to college. I also remember specific significant events from many of those nights including people I was with and things that we did. Is that really a surprising thing? I’d think most people could understand and relate.

Actually most people have memory problems after being roaring drunk. I have known a lot of people who can't remember hardly anything the next day while they dry up, that is why they call it a HANGOVER!

Ford stated that she was very drunk at the time of the completely unsupported allegation involving Kavanaugh, likely has been drunk many times when she was in the schools. This new accuser says she was on the ground inebriated and foggy headed.....

Come on, don't be this dumb. Research and personal experience make clear Alcohol does impair memory.

Why you lose your memory after having too much to drink

More evidence that what the Democrats are doing is to DELIBERATELY delay the nomination process as long as they can, Ford OBVIOUSLY no longer has a credible allegation, so by a miracle a new accuser suddenly show up just in time to keep the farce going.

Senate Judiciary panel’s top Democrat calls for delay in Kavanaugh hearing after new allegation

Democrats don't realize they are destroying themselves over this blatant gambit to delay the nomination vote.

Yes of course the Dems are trying to block the nomination. That’s the goal. Doesn’t mean all the stories are made up. You shouldn’t conflate the two. It’s not honest

They both have the same basic claim, both accusers are VERY DRUNK over something 30+ years ago, lack of supporting witnesses and more.

I think you would be better served going straight to the source instead of posting links of interpretations from blantantly bias news outlets. Your link was referring to the New Yorker. Here is the passage from the New Yorker article that made them draw those conclusions. Let me know if you think their assessment is honest.

———
The New Yorker has not confirmed with other eyewitnesses that Kavanaugh was present at the party. The magazine contacted several dozen classmates of Ramirez and Kavanaugh regarding the incident. Many did not respond to interview requests; others declined to comment, or said they did not attend or remember the party. A classmate of Ramirez’s, who declined to be identified because of the partisan battle over Kavanaugh’s nomination, said that another student told him about the incident either on the night of the party or in the next day or two. The classmate said that he is “one-hundred-per-cent sure” that he was told at the time that Kavanaugh was the student who exposed himself to Ramirez. He independently recalled many of the same details offered by Ramirez, including that a male student had encouraged Kavanaugh as he exposed himself. The classmate, like Ramirez, recalled that the party took place in a common room on the first floor in Entryway B of Lawrance Hall, during their freshman year. “I’ve known this all along,” he said. “It’s been on my mind all these years when his name came up. It was a big deal.” The story stayed with him, he said, because it was disturbing and seemed outside the bounds of typically acceptable behavior, even during heavy drinking at parties on campus. The classmate said that he had been shocked, but not necessarily surprised, because the social group to which Kavanaugh belonged often drank to excess. He recalled Kavanaugh as “relatively shy” until he drank, at which point he said that Kavanaugh could become “aggressive and even belligerent.”

Senate Democrats Investigate a New Allegation of Sexual Misconduct, from the Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh’s College Years

From your link,

"Ramirez said that, when both she and Kavanaugh were freshmen at Yale, she was invited by a friend on the women’s soccer team to a dorm-room party. She recalled that the party took place in a suite at Lawrance Hall, in the part of Yale known as Old Campus, and that a small group of students decided to play a drinking game together. “We were sitting in a circle,” she said. “People would pick who drank.” Ramirez was chosen repeatedly, she said, and quickly became inebriated. At one point, she said, a male student pointed a gag plastic penis in her direction. Later, she said, she was on the floor, foggy and slurring her words, as that male student and another stood nearby. (Ramirez identified the two male onlookers, but, at her request, The New Yorker is not naming them.)

A third male student then exposed himself to her. “I remember a penis being in front of my face,” she said. “I knew that’s not what I wanted, even in that state of mind.” She recalled remarking, “That’s not a real penis,” and the other students laughing at her confusion and taunting her, one encouraging her to “kiss it.” She said that she pushed the person away, touching it in the process. Ramirez, who was raised a devout Catholic, in Connecticut, said that she was shaken. “I wasn’t going to touch a penis until I was married,” she said. “I was embarrassed and ashamed and humiliated.” She remembers Kavanaugh standing to her right and laughing, pulling up his pants. “Brett was laughing,” she said. “I can still see his face, and his hips coming forward, like when you pull up your pants.” She recalled another male student shouting about the incident. “Somebody yelled down the hall, ‘Brett Kavanaugh just put his penis in Debbie’s face,’ ” she said. “It was his full name. I don’t think it was just ‘Brett.’ And I remember hearing and being mortified that this was out there.”

According to her she was VERY drunk laying down on the ground when Kavanaugh allegedly pull his pants down by her. So you are going to overlook the well known fact that roaring drunk people tends to do stupid things, that she who was describes as a devout catholic allows herself to be part of a drinking game.

I didn't realize VERY DRUNK people can remember it with such a clarity, the name, the face and the penis and I know pigs flies too.....

She specifically says she was INEBRIATED, FOGGY headed and very drunk, but amazingly recalls the alleged event with unusual clarity 34 years later!

Yes I noticed all those observations. But you have to admit your link had a distorted spin on the story. I wasn’t at the party nor have I spoken or even seen anybody speak about the incident so like the ford story I can’t pass judgement yet. You seem to want to jump right into saying it’s all bullshit because she admitted she was drunk. I find that interesting and unrealistic. It’s fair to be skeptical and ask questions, but to draw a conclusion tells me you aren’t being fair minded.

Right from the start there are already a number of people disputing her claims....
I had plenty of drunk nights from college that I have a hazy recollection of. I think that’s true for most people especially thinking back to college. I also remember specific significant events from many of those nights including people I was with and things that we did. Is that really a surprising thing? I’d think most people could understand and relate.

Actually most people have memory problems after being roaring drunk. I have known a lot of people who can't remember hardly anything the next day while they dry up, that is why they call it a HANGOVER!

Ford stated that she was very drunk at the time of the completely unsupported allegation involving Kavanaugh, likely has been drunk many times when she was in the schools. This new accuser says she was on the ground inebriated and foggy headed.....

Come on, don't be this dumb. Research and personal experience make clear Alcohol does impair memory.

Of course it impairs memory. I remember being very drunk at a concert this one night when I was in college. I remember walking to the concert which was at a house close to where I lived. I don’t remember the exact date or exact house we went to. But I know I was with a big group but I can probably only name 3 or 4 of my friends who I know for sure were there. I remember meeting a girl there and making out during a song but I can’t remember which song was playing. Point being, I don’t have full recollection of everything that happened that night but there are some key things that I do remember clearly and know happened. Her name was Carla btw. Wish I could find her now!

I’m sure most people can relate and share a similar type of memory experience when reflecting on drunken nights in college. Can’t you?

Last edited:

They both have the same basic claim, both accusers are VERY DRUNK over something 30+ years ago, lack of supporting witnesses and more.
I just saw an interview from Ronan Farrow the writer of the article and it sounded like it was very thoroughly sourced and accurately presented in the article. True they didn’t get any eye witness accounts but they did talk to people that recalled hearing about the incident and they provided similar details in their recounts that the accuser gave in her story. This was before the story went public. That’s not a nail in the coffin but it does give weight to the claims.

They also spoke to Kavanaughs ex roommate who said that the accusers story was not out of character from how Kavanaugh acted when he got really drunk.

sure it does. thanks for admitting it at least.

do you give any credibility to these allegations against kavanaugh? if so, what are you basing it off of?

From your link,

Of course it impairs memory. I remember being very drunk at a concert this one night when I was in college. I remember walking to the concert which was at a house close to where I lived. I don’t remember the exact date or exact house we went to. But I know I was with a big group but I can probably only name 3 or 4 of my friends who I know for sure were there. I remember meeting a girl there and making out during a song but I can’t remember which song was playing. Point being, I don’t have full recollection of everything that happened that night but there are some key things that I do remember clearly and know happened. Her name was Carla btw. Wish I could find her now!

I’m sure most people can relate and share a similar type of memory experience when reflecting on drunken nights in college. Can’t you?
maybe. however i'd never claim sexual abuse against someone if i couldn't prove it.

do you give any credibility to these allegations against kavanaugh? if so, what are you basing it off of?
It’s based on feelings that it needs to be true. Trumps punishment must continue neverending

Thanks for the question... In Ford’s case I look at a few factors and try and make sense as to if they align with a person who is simply making up a story to block a nomination. The 6 year old therapy notes, implicating two people instead of one, the polygraph, and calls for an FBI investigation don’t make much sense if she is lying and fabricating a story. The two other witnesses that she named as participants at the party and the reports that none can corroborate that the party took place was a blow to her story so this one will be up to how each one comes of in their testimonies to congress.

The second allegation has some areas of concern as several classmates are reported to have described the same details of the accusers story through independent interviews and Kavanaugh is being reported as a sloppy and angry drunk. So far there are no first hand eye witness reports so nothing can be substantiated as of yet.

Bottom line is this is not looking good for Kavanaugh and if more accusers come out, which the rumor mill is reporting there are more, it could be over for him.

It would be an extremely dangerous shame if these claims are completely fabricated and being used to block him. It would be a scandal of tremendous magnitude and would dramatically hurt the metoo movement. The more independent reports that come out the less likely the conspiracy theory becomes, but if one can be proven as a lie that could bring them all down.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

maybe. however i'd never claim sexual abuse against someone if i couldn't prove it.
Well what if it happened to you so you KNEW it was true. It happened in public so you know others were there, even if those others were friends with the accused. What would you do if you felt compelled to come out? How would you do it and what would you ask for?

Thanks for the question... In Ford’s case I look at a few factors and try and make sense as to if they align with a person who is simply making up a story to block a nomination. The 6 year old therapy notes, implicating two people instead of one, the polygraph, and calls for an FBI investigation don’t make much sense if she is lying and fabricating a story. The two other witnesses that she named as participants at the party and the reports that none can corroborate that the party took place was a blow to her story so this one will be up to how each one comes of in their testimonies to congress.

The second allegation has some areas of concern as several classmates are reported to have described the same details of the accusers story through independent interviews and Kavanaugh is being reported as a sloppy and angry drunk. So far there are no first hand eye witness reports so nothing can be substantiated as of yet.

Bottom line is this is not looking good for Kavanaugh and if more accusers come out, which the rumor mill is reporting there are more, it could be over for him.

It would be an extremely dangerous shame if these claims are completely fabricated and being used to block him. It would be a scandal of tremendous magnitude and would dramatically hurt the metoo movement. The more independent reports that come out the less likely the conspiracy theory becomes, but if one can be proven as a lie that could bring them all down.

then, if "nothing can be substantiated" how can it be looking bad for him? we're to the point where simple allegations and someone to go YEA is all we need to destroy a life.

Well what if it happened to you so you KNEW it was true. It happened in public so you know others were there, even if those others were friends with the accused. What would you do if you felt compelled to come out? How would you do it and what would you ask for?
again, if i can't prove it then what good would it do me to come out in a country where we're "supposed" to be innocent til proven guilty? if i could name the day, time, where and what happened clearly enough to illustrate i'm not being "vague" for the sake of it, then maybe i'd come forth. but otherwise, "oh he abused me some time in the early 80s at a house i can't remember" simply isn't enough to do that to someone.

then, if "nothing can be substantiated" how can it be looking bad for him? we're to the point where simple allegations and someone to go YEA is all we need to destroy a life.
I don’t mean to answer with a question but if you’ll allow me to ask, with the thousands of sexual abuse cases that happen in this country that only involve two people... how are most of those substantiated?

Most don’t have photo, video, or witnesses so it is up to vetting each persons story and reputation then making an educated assessment of who’s story is more believable.

I don’t mean to answer with a question but if you’ll allow me to ask, with the thousands of sexual abuse cases that happen in this country that only involve two people... how are most of those substantiated?

Most don’t have photo, video, or witnesses so it is up to vetting each persons story and reputation then making an educated assessment of who’s story is more believable.
and to come back with a question, how come the left does this to so many of the past conservative nominees? does that not bring it into question at this point?

again, if i can't prove it then what good would it do me to come out in a country where we're "supposed" to be innocent til proven guilty? if i could name the day, time, where and what happened clearly enough to illustrate i'm not being "vague" for the sake of it, then maybe i'd come forth. but otherwise, "oh he abused me some time in the early 80s at a house i can't remember" simply isn't enough to do that to someone.
I’d hope if it really happened to you then you would simply give an honest account of what you remember and hope the rest of the facts would surface through inquiry and investigation.

and to come back with a question, how come the left does this to so many of the past conservative nominees? does that not bring it into question at this point?
Of course healthy skepticism is warranted. There have been false accusations in the past and we should not carelessly ruin people’s lives without cause. The tragedy that thousands of victims have been abused and have buried it or they get shamed and called liars if they come out is equally as disgusting and happens in much more frequency.

There is no easy answer to this. We need to be cautious and careful but we need to stop jumping to judgement for either person. Most often the truth comes out of there is honest and thorough inquiry and investigation.

Forum List

Back