Do You Believe It's Safe To Eat Food From The Gulf of Mexico?

Would You Eat Food From The Gulf of Mexico?

• Total voters
Oil Seeps in the Gulf of Mexico : Image of the Day
Yep, and here are nasa images of just that-natural oil seeps
gulfmex_tmo_2006133_lrg.jpg

BP Oil Spill Statistics - Deepwater Horizon Gulf Spill Numbers

The Deepwater Horizon well is a high-pressure gusher that recent estimates claim is spewing from 35,000 to 60,000 barrels a day into the Gulf of Mexico. These estimates mean that the Deepwater Horizon well is emitting from about 13 to 22 times more than all the natural seeps across the entire Gulf.

Natural leaks emit oil into the Gulf of Mexico - San Antonio Express-News

Took me about 5 minutes to find out these statistics using Google. You shouldn't make claims you know have to be wrong. It makes you look "stupid".
I believe the term you were looking for is "dishonest."

Yes, derpy is the poster child for dishonest posting.

Hey MarcATL:: I'm not dismissing your OP at all. I'm always on the lookout for real enviro concerns.
I've just not seen a single investigative report with pathology reports, and numbers come out of this alarmism. If it's out there -- bring it..

It's good to be skeptical of the "regulators" and all that govt "protection".. Especially when govt, science and business all mix together..

Oil Seeps in the Gulf of Mexico : Image of the Day
Yep, and here are nasa images of just that-natural oil seeps
gulfmex_tmo_2006133_lrg.jpg

The Deepwater Horizon well is a high-pressure gusher that recent estimates claim is spewing from 35,000 to 60,000 barrels a day into the Gulf of Mexico. These estimates mean that the Deepwater Horizon well is emitting from about 13 to 22 times more than all the natural seeps across the entire Gulf.

Took me about 5 minutes to find out these statistics using Google. You shouldn't make claims you know have to be wrong. It makes you look "stupid".

Well, um, ahem, OK, "dishonest".

Yes, derpy is the poster child for dishonest posting.

Yea, that's why I use links. To back up "dishonesty"? Oh wait, that doesn't make sense. Like you.

I wouldn't knowing touch anything from that source.

It's nothing but toxic chemicals I'd be ingesting if I did.

BP, et al are lying.

They should be stopped.

So you don't know first hand like some of us do but you're convinced anyway.

Typical.
My OP states that the local fisherman have been reporting major, major issues with the food coming out of the Gulf.

They've literally been saying the OPPOSITE of what BP's pushing.

So it comes down to who you believe, the fisherman or BP's marketing.

I believe those fisherman.

Now, let me ask you, are YOU a local fisherman?

Of course they're complaining. What better way to make money off of BP.

Well, um, ahem, OK, "dishonest".

Who is dishonest? The fact is there is natural seeping going on in the gulf as well as in the pacific along soutern CA each and every day. And yet somehow they both survive and handle the seepage.

Forum List

Back