Zone1 Do You Believe In Arranged Marriages?

First reducing the marriage age to 12.
Now going for arranged marriages.
Son we'll start hearing about the benefits of polygamy.
Dude the Taliban should not be a how to guide for the MAGA party.

There is actually no reason for polygamy to be illegal.

But that aside, I think their next target will be no fault divorce.

When large numbers of middle eastern people moved into the city I lived in I got to know quite a few couples that were in arranged marriages. All were very happily married. More so than American couples. They claim that arranged marriages are better because the individual has no choice but to be in love and be happy. Men and women. What they believe about western marriages is freedom and choice in a spouse dooms the marriage from the beginning. Abusive marriages have to be dealt with individually. But they wouldn't scrap the entire practice for a few bad ones.

There may be wisdom to them in some societies, but ours is not one of them.

I don't, but at the same time I can also see what the man in the video is saying.

I believe they exist. I don't think they should exist. It's a thing for very backwards societies.
A proper, long lasting relationship is built on foundations of trust and respect, you might not get that with an arranged marriage, and if you didn't choose it, then you've essentially been shafted. If it were your own fault for marrying someone, then... your problem.

No I don't.

That's why I didn't get married till I was 43. It took that long to find a woman I'd be willing to date for more than 90 days. Now I'm married to my best friend and we get along great. We dated 2 years, lived together 2 years then got married by a Elvis impersonator in Vegas on Halloween and been happy ever since.

Only hard time was when we first lived together. That first year was rocky and it was mostly my fault. I spent 4 decades alone, it was hard being that close to someone all the time at first.

But I understand it can work for some. It just depends on if you were raised that way and so was the other person. It's not inherently wrong, just not for me.

There is actually no reason for polygamy to be illegal.

But that aside, I think their next target will be no fault divorce.

If polygamy is legal polyandry should be just as legal. Now that same sex marriage is legal having multiple husbands and wives can be legal. Pretty soon you have a Manson family.

I’m okay with arranged marriages as long as both the people in question have the right to refuse. This is America, for god’s sake.

Forcing your children to marry someone whether they want to or not is what people do in shithole 3rd world countries. Period.

Historically a marriage was a Union centered on things far more valued than the tingles, and butterfly’s. They political, social, and economic; with a heavy lean on the betterment of the would be children. The modern West has relegated marriage into a Disney fairytale, with a cash, and prizes payout for the woman once the “shiny, and new” wears off, and the actual work begins…

Dumbest thing ever. Arranged marriages. What if your kid doesn't want to get married? Or have offspring? Is that unacceptable? Some people want to be single and that is a great thing.
Are you confusing arranged marriages with forced marriages?

I think that "marriage" in the U.S. has become a joke. The only reason the government should be involved is the protection of children by encouraging a safe and stable home environment for them. In most cases, divorce is tantamount to child abuse. If arranged marriages can reduce the number of broken homes, they are a good thing.

Forum List

Back