CDZ Do you Believe Americans Would ever Turn in Our Guns?

Discussion in 'Clean Debate Zone' started by Anathema, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Humorme

Humorme BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +887
    OMG

"Quite simply one does not get to decide unilaterally what law(s) is or isn't constitutional; jurists are the only people authorized to make that determination."

I cannot directly address your insults without having my posts deleted. But, really, something is wrong if jury nullification was all you got out of that post.

2. rightwinger

rightwinger Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +84,228
    300 million guns......that horse has left the barn

Same goes for assault rifles

No need for high capacity magazines or bump stocks

3. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,552
    If the FBI and local LEOs WILL do anything. The Parkland shooter had numerous complaints against him, and someone called the FBI tip line and warned them that the guy was armed and ready to explode. The tipster even said he was going to end up shooting a school up. The FBI's actions? Nada, zip, zero, nothing at all.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,552
    That is what pisses me off. There were all the signs, warnings and even a tip called in to the FBI. But until there was a body count, law enforcement did absolutely nothing. And people wonder why people want guns for self-defense?

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. WinterBorn

WinterBorn Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,552
    I don't think magazine capacity is much of an issue. As for the bump stocks, I am a huge fan of accuracy. Don't care if they ban those ridiculous items or not. Among many shooters and gunsmiths, the term "bump stock" is an insult. As in, "did you see that bumpstock trying to adjust his scope? What an idiot.".

6. Humorme

Humorme BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +887
    While I agree with you that outlawing bump stocks won't affect those who know how to shoot, it is the principle of the thing. They banned fully autos; we did nothing. They banned semi-auto import bans... still nothing. They banned parts (esp. barrels.) We did nothing. They banned the so - called "Streetsweeper" shotgun. You cannot even get an eight shot .45 cal auto into the U.S. and those haven't been used in a crime (outside of maybe a domestic dispute) since Al Capone was around.

The anti-gunners keep telling us what they aren't going to do while they are doing it incrementally. Banning bump stocks is a no go. I won't support any politician that votes for banning them.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Humorme

Humorme BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +887

I'll go you one better - with laws in place and people reporting the crimes, the government dropped the ball. DFACS, the school, the county police, the FBI... all of them proving to be incompetent boobs. And while we're paying them good salaries they let us down and the left does what? They blame the freaking NRA. Could people be any more stupid?

8. MaryL

MaryL Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,017
    Nice post. What can I say? I realize no matter what anyone says, guns are still going to play a large part in American culture. Some folks are so enamored with them, they would rather have children slaughtered by maniacs (as if it's a secret dirty price we pay for "freedom"). I myself, value lives of innocent people more than the antiquated dusty old and obsolete second amendment. In my opinion, we would be better off with out fire arms.
    We would better of as Americans repealing the 2nd amendment. But, that is just my conscience talking. It isn't' going to happen as long as a few rich out off touch PACs represent a minority of impassioned pseudo "patriots" gun hugger, deluded out of touch, pro gun control freaks dominate our political landscape. And they are. That, ladies and gentlemen, is why we will never have rational and reason debate on this issue and why we are willing to accept mass murder in our streets and schools.

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2018
  9. MaryL

MaryL Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,017
    I saw the Penn and Teller thing. They are accepted as independent thinkers.I like these guys. They are totally irreverent all the way, and they use intellect and humor to cast light on various issues, brilliant. But as far as the gun issue, they lost me with this shallow side stepping. Ok, they made a point, but also lost a MAJOR point at the same time. They don't face the issue of hyper advances in firearms since in the Second amendment was created, They don't delve into the various nuances like, say, the invention of the assault rifle up to mass shootings and NEVER address the issues that are occurring now, with mass school shootings by well armed madmen. Unlike the framers of the constitution, Pen and Teller WELL night KNEW what the problem is with guns.And they cowardly shrank away from facing the REAL facts.

10. Humorme

Humorme BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +887
    Liberals are always slinging that skeet about having a rational and reasonable debate about gun control, but they only see the issue their way.

I take everything you say about gun control in and weigh my conclusions accordingly. And, when a liberal tries to tell me they care more about children than I do, they are full of manure. That's not opinion; that is a fact.

I have taken children into my home as a DFACS asset. I've been a foster parent and have adopted children. I advocate regularly in favor of them and their Rights. Maybe you would like to prove your commitment by joining in with me and doing more than pecking your keyboard? Pm me and let's see about that commitment.

Guns play a part of American culture because we had to use force to break away from tyranny and oppression. From the days of Jesus ordering his apostles to hock their robes if they had to in order to buy a sword to the founders of our nation, we've understood the value of Liberty.

All your double talking about guns while refusing to do something to keep the mentally ill off the streets says more about your character than a fifty paragraph rant from me.