Do white people have a right to their own culture???

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by bucs90, Apr 22, 2010.

1. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    I've wondered this for a few months now. Do white people have equal rights to a white culture that other races and ethnicities do? You see on campuses different ethnic clubs. For Hispanics, Asians, African Americans, etc. And I think thats cool. I, for one, see no problem with people who enjoy being amongst others like them. It's possible to enjoy that while also not hating others.

For example, I hate rap music. Just doesn't do it for me. But I like Mexican music. And rock. I'm white, and can honestly say I have no hatred for a person based on race or ethnicity. I've truly pondered that for a long time about myself, rather than just blankly saying it. I found that I have no problems with other people or races, but I do dislike some cultures. Not their right to exist, but being surrounded by it. Like I said, I dislike rap. Hate loud music, especially with strong bass. I also don't drink or smoke. So I don't feel comfortable in many concert environments, but especially rap or heavy metal. I also am annoyed by slang. I prefer to speak and discuss in proper English. Not knocking people who use slang, I just prefer to not use it or discuss in it.

So it brings me to a question: Do white people have a right to their own culture? To softer music, lack of slang, blander foods, less flashy dress styles, etc? This stems from a lecture I got from a sociology professor in which he stated the white race is a generic, default race, and not a race at all. He argued since white is not a race, but the lack of a race, it's impossible to be racist against white people. That disliking white people or white culture is simply to dislike the lack of culture, lack of race, lack of substance.

So, his argument is white is not a race, but lack of race. White culture is simply a lack of culture. White is default, void of culture, racial identity, or ethnicity, thus it's impossible to be racist against a non-race, and white people can only identify with a culture if they take parts of another culture and adhere to it (like white kids trying to be hip-hop).

Thoughts?

2. mal

mal Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,028
    Because you Crackers have been Gettin' away with it for Generations and it's time for Payback, Motherfucker!...

:)

peace...

3. del

del BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,885
    your sociology professor is an asshat. EOF

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Haha, I hope you are being sarcastic.

5. Mr Clean

Mr Clean Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,813
    Well, when us whities become the minority sometime in the not so distant future, maybe then we can have our own culture.

6. mal

mal Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,028
    Fuck off, Whitey!...

peace...

7. mal

mal Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,028
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xIQmFk1ok0]YouTube - Fear of a Black Planet[/ame]

peace...

8. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Former. I graduated 8 years ago. I was a sociology major. I was convinced upon graduation that I was guilty for being white. I was in fact one of those guilty white liberals for a year or two, until the real world showed me college professors are full of shit. That sociology department was full of professors like him. I remember getting lectures explaining how Karl Marx was a true leader, how George Bernard Shaw should be an example of policy making for all US presidents, on how 90% of current wealth owned by white Americans could be directly linked to trickle-up labor benefits from the slave era, about how if America would abolish it's military, the world would become peaceful, and we could spend that billions of $$$ on health services and infrastructure rather than bombers and ships. It was radical. AND....that was at a Southern Baptist Christian college. I can't fathom what it's like at Columbia, Chicago U, UC-Berkley.

9. bucs90

bucs90 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19,210
    Ah.....and I used to wonder why businesses wouldn't voluntarily hire certain people, and are now forced to by legislation.

10. Truthmatters

Truthmatters BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,233
    the entire American culture is a white persons culture for the most part.

I love it when people pretend they are downtrodden when they own nearly everything.

jesus people learn to fucking share mmmkay