Do white people have a right to their own culture???

I've wondered this for a few months now. Do white people have equal rights to a white culture that other races and ethnicities do? You see on campuses different ethnic clubs. For Hispanics, Asians, African Americans, etc. And I think thats cool. I, for one, see no problem with people who enjoy being amongst others like them. It's possible to enjoy that while also not hating others.

For example, I hate rap music. Just doesn't do it for me. But I like Mexican music. And rock. I'm white, and can honestly say I have no hatred for a person based on race or ethnicity. I've truly pondered that for a long time about myself, rather than just blankly saying it. I found that I have no problems with other people or races, but I do dislike some cultures. Not their right to exist, but being surrounded by it. Like I said, I dislike rap. Hate loud music, especially with strong bass. I also don't drink or smoke. So I don't feel comfortable in many concert environments, but especially rap or heavy metal. I also am annoyed by slang. I prefer to speak and discuss in proper English. Not knocking people who use slang, I just prefer to not use it or discuss in it.

So it brings me to a question: Do white people have a right to their own culture? To softer music, lack of slang, blander foods, less flashy dress styles, etc? This stems from a lecture I got from a sociology professor in which he stated the white race is a generic, default race, and not a race at all. He argued since white is not a race, but the lack of a race, it's impossible to be racist against white people. That disliking white people or white culture is simply to dislike the lack of culture, lack of race, lack of substance.

So, his argument is white is not a race, but lack of race. White culture is simply a lack of culture. White is default, void of culture, racial identity, or ethnicity, thus it's impossible to be racist against a non-race, and white people can only identify with a culture if they take parts of another culture and adhere to it (like white kids trying to be hip-hop).

Thoughts?

My parents were Black but both had White genes, therefore I inherited those genes and when growing up looked more White than Black. At 54 yrs old my skin and hair has darkened somewhat and the Black genes are more prominent now. I too dislike rap music and loud music when at one time I would play my record player as loud as it could go. Having grown up in a Black environment I have always loved urban music. My father loved Frank Sinatra, Benny Goodman, Nancy Wilson, etc...that's the era he grew up in. So tell me, if there is no White race then what race made me so light skinned with blond streaks in my hair and gave me green eyes?

Ya Fuckin' Filthy Cracker!...

:)

peace...

I've wondered this for a few months now. Do white people have equal rights to a white culture that other races and ethnicities do? You see on campuses different ethnic clubs. For Hispanics, Asians, African Americans, etc. And I think thats cool. I, for one, see no problem with people who enjoy being amongst others like them. It's possible to enjoy that while also not hating others.

For example, I hate rap music. Just doesn't do it for me. But I like Mexican music. And rock. I'm white, and can honestly say I have no hatred for a person based on race or ethnicity. I've truly pondered that for a long time about myself, rather than just blankly saying it. I found that I have no problems with other people or races, but I do dislike some cultures. Not their right to exist, but being surrounded by it. Like I said, I dislike rap. Hate loud music, especially with strong bass. I also don't drink or smoke. So I don't feel comfortable in many concert environments, but especially rap or heavy metal. I also am annoyed by slang. I prefer to speak and discuss in proper English. Not knocking people who use slang, I just prefer to not use it or discuss in it.

So it brings me to a question: Do white people have a right to their own culture? To softer music, lack of slang, blander foods, less flashy dress styles, etc? This stems from a lecture I got from a sociology professor in which he stated the white race is a generic, default race, and not a race at all. He argued since white is not a race, but the lack of a race, it's impossible to be racist against white people. That disliking white people or white culture is simply to dislike the lack of culture, lack of race, lack of substance.

So, his argument is white is not a race, but lack of race. White culture is simply a lack of culture. White is default, void of culture, racial identity, or ethnicity, thus it's impossible to be racist against a non-race, and white people can only identify with a culture if they take parts of another culture and adhere to it (like white kids trying to be hip-hop).

Thoughts?

No, because white people kept slaves. For this they must pay for eternity.

" In 1860 only a small minority of whites owned slaves. According to the U.S. census report for that last year before the Civil War, there were nearly 27 million whites in the country. Some eight million of them lived in the slaveholding states.

The census also determined that there were fewer than 385,000 individuals who owned slaves (1). Even if all slaveholders had been white, that would amount to only 1.4 percent of whites in the country (or 4.8 percent of southern whites owning one or more slaves)."

Black Slave Owners Civil War Article by Robert M Grooms
So? Not all Germans gassed Jews but most certainly looked the other way.

As to the OP, yes you are as entitled to have a chip on your shoulder as any other ethic group.

Here's a tissue and a pat on the back.

Who cares how many Whites were slave owners...the point is there should NOT have been slave owners to begin with. Whether they were White, Black, Native American or Martian. If a race from another planet (I know I'm off the wall) were to come here and by force were able to conquer our forces and made us their slaves, how in the hell would you feel? I love my freedom and I don't know about you but I may lose my life trying to keep it!! I refuse to bow down to another person be it American, Iranian, Japanese etc.. unless a person that I truly love is being threatened and that's what I have to do to save them.

Who cares how many Whites were slave owners...the point is there should NOT have been slave owners to begin with. Whether they were White, Black, Native American or Martian. If a race from another planet (I know I'm off the wall) were to come here and by force were able to conquer our forces and made us their slaves, how in the hell would you feel? I love my freedom and I don't know about you but I may lose my life trying to keep it!! I refuse to bow down to another person be it American, Iranian, Japanese etc.. unless a person that I truly love is being threatened and that's what I have to do to save them.

That was simply a reply to the smart remark made by Defiant1. "No, because white people kept slaves. For this they must pay for eternity."

I can't stand racism and that smacked me as full of it. So of course I agree that slavery is, was, and always will be wrong.

So, what is the "white" culture?

Irish
English
German
Italian
Spanish
Norwegian
Swedish
Danish
Finish
Serbian
Greek

Oh wait, I know. It's "Yokel".

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4j2S7eG3TM&feature=related]YouTube - I'm My Own Grandpa -Grandpa Jones[/ame]

Thank you and I am so very glad that you defended me and the rest of these idiots so that we can have the freedom we enjoy today. You have my most utmost respect. May God Bless You and your family.

the entire American culture is a white persons culture for the most part.

I love it when people pretend they are downtrodden when they own nearly everything.

jesus people learn to fucking share mmmkay

Is it? Tell me then, what exactly is the white culture made of ?

Right now most top 40 music is rap/R&B. What restaurants are popular? Asian, Mexican, Soul Food, Italian? A steakhouse also. About equal.

Anyhow, maybe you can fill me in on what the white culture is.

So white people dont listen to rap/rb and dont go those resturants?

You really dont even understand this all do you?

He understands, you avoid.

the entire American culture is a white persons culture for the most part.

I love it when people pretend they are downtrodden when they own nearly everything.

jesus people learn to fucking share mmmkay

Is it? Tell me then, what exactly is the white culture made of ?

Right now most top 40 music is rap/R&B. What restaurants are popular? Asian, Mexican, Soul Food, Italian? A steakhouse also. About equal.

Anyhow, maybe you can fill me in on what the white culture is.

You do realize that almost all popular music has it's roots in the Blues?

You do realize that Greece is bankrupt?! :confused:

Thoughts?

They already have a club, its called the KKK.

Thoughts?

when were you accepted into that club?

Thoughts?

when were you accepted into that club?

They wouldn't accept me. Something about skin color or some such nonsense. You really dont know how dumb you look here. You really dont.

I've wondered this for a few months now. Do white people have equal rights to a white culture that other races and ethnicities do?

We do. There's Irish culture, Italian culture, Russian culture... take your pick. A "black" culture exists in the United States only because of racial slavery, which destroyed the history and identity of those it oppressed, leaving them with no knowledge of themselves other than what is readily visible. White people generally don't have that problem. We know where our ancestors came from and usually retain aspects of the culture of their country of origin.

Thoughts?

Your professor is a dickwad. Drop his course.

Thoughts?

Your professor is a dickwad. Drop his course.

File a complaint too.

Thoughts?

I live in a white culture, and I grew up in a VERY white suburb. The area I live in is not very diverse.

Thoughts?

If you think the kkk represents anything more than a very tiny percent of white people then you're more retarded than I ever thought before and that is saying a lot.

Thoughts?

I live in a white culture, and I grew up in a VERY white suburb. The area I live in is not very diverse.

Hence, your bleeding heart LOVE FOR ALL take care of everyone head in the cloud outlook. Shows me that white people are caring people. You are a product of the "white" environment that Zona denigrates.

Forum List

Back