Do we really want a discussion on racism?

"Do we really want a discussion on racism?"

Racists certainly don't, since they want their ignorance, hate, and stupidity to be accepted without dissent.

Fortunately that's not going to happen, as citizens of all races and of good faith will always denounce the ignorance, hate, and stupidity racists seek to propagate.

Thanks for calling out the Al Sharpton's of the World. Somebody has to. :)

"Do we really want a discussion on racism?"

Racists certainly don't, since they want their ignorance, hate, and stupidity to be accepted without dissent.

Fortunately that's not going to happen, as citizens of all races and of good faith will always denounce the ignorance, hate, and stupidity racists seek to propagate.

What is the black communities responsibility for the various problems within its own community?

And please be specific. Thank you. :)

I know there are many threads on this subject but I did not want to look around to see where my thoughts would best fit. I have listened to this being brought up a lot but only one side really talks. When only one side gets to speak and you are called a racist if you have a different opinion it is not a discussion. I am a white male and my personal view is that most racism today is self inflicted.

The likes of Al Sharpton and many others speak of oppression as being the cause of the black race as a whole not doing well economically. What if you were on a football team and your coach tells the team there is no need to practice because the other team has better uniforms and the ref's always will rule against you? How much effort would you put out or would you just hate the coach or perhaps hate the other team and want to do violence on them? The individuals that want to succeed continue to train and put forth much effort. The likes of Al Sharpton have been preaching such for generations and is what seems to be implanted in the mind set of the black race. There are a large amount of black and white children today that are being raised by parents that have just given up in life. These kids are raised on the streets. One would have to believe that if you are raised on the streets your chances of being involved in crime and going to jail are much higher than if you are at home with loving parents that discipline you and encourage you. How can anyone expect anything but failure from them? Education is the only escape from this life that has been placed on them. Children of all races need to realize that obedience and making good grades in school is a good thing. I have been told by blacks that they are made fun of by other blacks if they make good grades. They are accused of wanting to be white.

Blacks must accept that there are some blacks that are just no good, just as there are in every other race. If you walk around all the time with a chip on your shoulder it will be knocked off sometimes. People of every race have unfair things happen to them. We all have. Suck it up and get over it.

Here is my thoughts about racism and how I see some evidence of the problem. For example, when a Black man is shot and the case goes national. You can go online to discussions about the case, and see that White persons start demeaning Black people, calling them names, demoralizing them, wishing them death etc. Black people are called "n*****s", "monkeys", "dumb apes", you name it. Now, even on these very same discussions where White people are behaving this way, Black persons will still NOT make the same racists comments about White people. Black people tend to keep their cool. Black people are quick to be called n*****s and apes, but you can see that White people are not treated this way in online discussions by being repeatedly called names. I feel like there is a negative undertone surrounding Black people that just isn't there when it comes to talking about White people. The news has been frequently reporting on racial cases and we can't really pinpoint what the exact agenda is. To say that the agenda is all about bringing awareness to these cases, I don't think this is completely true. We do need to have a serious discussion about race, not just when it comes to these sensationalized news stories. Is there racism when it comes to every race? Of course. It is however undeniable that Black people face it a lot. I don't believe that our generation will ever have a true discussion about race.

I know there are many threads on this subject but I did not want to look around to see where my thoughts would best fit. I have listened to this being brought up a lot but only one side really talks. When only one side gets to speak and you are called a racist if you have a different opinion it is not a discussion. I am a white male and my personal view is that most racism today is self inflicted.

The likes of Al Sharpton and many others speak of oppression as being the cause of the black race as a whole not doing well economically. What if you were on a football team and your coach tells the team there is no need to practice because the other team has better uniforms and the ref's always will rule against you? How much effort would you put out or would you just hate the coach or perhaps hate the other team and want to do violence on them? The individuals that want to succeed continue to train and put forth much effort. The likes of Al Sharpton have been preaching such for generations and is what seems to be implanted in the mind set of the black race. There are a large amount of black and white children today that are being raised by parents that have just given up in life. These kids are raised on the streets. One would have to believe that if you are raised on the streets your chances of being involved in crime and going to jail are much higher than if you are at home with loving parents that discipline you and encourage you. How can anyone expect anything but failure from them? Education is the only escape from this life that has been placed on them. Children of all races need to realize that obedience and making good grades in school is a good thing. I have been told by blacks that they are made fun of by other blacks if they make good grades. They are accused of wanting to be white.

Blacks must accept that there are some blacks that are just no good, just as there are in every other race. If you walk around all the time with a chip on your shoulder it will be knocked off sometimes. People of every race have unfair things happen to them. We all have. Suck it up and get over it.

Here is my thoughts about racism and how I see some evidence of the problem. For example, when a Black man is shot and the case goes national. You can go online to discussions about the case, and see that White persons start demeaning Black people, calling them names, demoralizing them, wishing them death etc. Black people are called "n*****s", "monkeys", "dumb apes", you name it. Now, even on these very same discussions where White people are behaving this way, Black persons will still NOT make the same racists comments about White people. Black people tend to keep their cool. Black people are quick to be called n*****s and apes, but you can see that White people are not treated this way in online discussions by being repeatedly called names. I feel like there is a negative undertone surrounding Black people that just isn't there when it comes to talking about White people. The news has been frequently reporting on racial cases and we can't really pinpoint what the exact agenda is. To say that the agenda is all about bringing awareness to these cases, I don't think this is completely true. We do need to have a serious discussion about race, not just when it comes to these sensationalized news stories. Is there racism when it comes to every race? Of course. It is however undeniable that Black people face it a lot. I don't believe that our generation will ever have a true discussion about race.

Ah....this is a discussion about race. Where are all the racial slurs you mentioned? Shouldn't there be a lot in this thread>

Sorry. Strawman argument = bad. :(

Ah....this is a discussion about race. Where are all the racial slurs you mentioned? Shouldn't there be a lot in this thread>

Sorry. Straw man argument = bad. :(

Actually if you can properly read, I stated an example where you can see many racial slurs being made on posts concerning Black men getting shot. This post is not about that at all. Poor reading = bad. You can go on Youtube and see these comments everywhere and they are disgusting. I never said that ALL forums and ALL discussions will have this problem, but I have seen some that do. Now you are more than welcome to do some research, rather than to just discredit me straight away.

A discussion about race? All we ever do is have a discussion about race. Compared to most of the world, we can't shut up about race. No amount of discussion is going to stop some small percentage of cowardly losers (of any race) from being racist douchebags, and the political class (on all sides) has every motivation to keep using it as a tool of manipulation.

A discussion about race? All we ever do is have a discussion about race. Compared to most of the world, we can't shut up about race. No amount of discussion is going to stop some small percentage of cowardly losers (of any race) from being racist douchebags, and the political class (on all sides) has every motivation to keep using it as a tool of manipulation.

There is no honest discussion about race. Whenever facts are brought out, for example the disproportionate crime committed by blacks, the person that introduced the facts is called a racist. Thus ending any further discussion.

When both blacks and whites can speak honestly without being ignorantly called racist, perhaps a discussion can begin.

I've heard from several on here that black violence is the result of poverty, well that doesn't fit with the facts. If poverty drives violent crime then whites should be committing far more than blacks since there is more whites on welfare than blacks. It's my opinion that black crime and poverty is directly due to the breakdown of family.

You know who I seen be called a racist so far? Welfare queen.

But every white person here starts with the pre-victim ritual of saying "we can't have a discussion on racism because they'll call me a racist!" And no one does.

Additionally, when those same people say they want to discuss racism what do they bring up? Crime stats! Not even racism or racists...they bring up crime.

So you tell me who doesn't want to have a discussion on race. The people who say "we cant" because someone will call them racist and side step to crime stats? Or the other people?

But every white person here starts with the pre-victim ritual of saying "we can't have a discussion on racism because they'll call me a racist!" And no one does.

Additionally, when those same people say they want to discuss racism what do they bring up? Crime stats! Not even racism or racists...they bring up crime.

So you tell me who doesn't want to have a discussion on race. The people who say "we cant" because someone will call them racist and side step to crime stats? Or the other people?

I think the real problem is a lack of funding....

I beg your pardon? If all you have seen so far is welfare queen being called a racist then you are not very engaged in these threads. I'm fairly certain you yourself has called some one here a racist.

Do you not see crime as one of the biggest problems in the black community?

I beg your pardon? If all you have seen so far is welfare queen being called a racist then you are not very engaged in these threads. I'm fairly certain you yourself has called some one here a racist.

Oh sorry, I thought you meant in this thread. So far no one but Welfare Queen has been called a racist and every other person said they cant talk about it because they'll be called racist.

Then they go on to talk about crime stats and not racism at all. All while claiming this is something they cant talk about.

Oh sorry, I thought you meant in this thread. So far no one but Welfare Queen has been called a racist and every other person said they cant talk about it because they'll be called racist.

Then they go on to talk about crime stats and not racism at all. All while claiming this is something they cant talk about.

What part of my question did you not understand?

Yes, ONE of the biggest problems

But then again, this is supposed to be a discussion on racism. And your only contribution has been about crime.

But then again, this is supposed to be a discussion on racism. And your only contribution has been about crime.

What is the reason for disproportionate crime rates?

Start a thread about it and I'll answer but this thread is supposed to be about racism. A subject no one wants to talk about because they'd rather have the crime talk.

Start a thread about it and I'll answer but this thread is supposed to be about racism. A subject no one wants to talk about because they'd rather have the crime talk.

I doubt you'll have an honest answer about it even if I did start a thread.

Are you of the opinion that blacks cannot be racist?

Start one and find out, but this is just pre-whining at this point.

Start one and find out, but this is just pre-whining at this point.

You seem to have a problem answering a direct question. A question which you conveniently left out of your quote.

In order to have a discussion on racism, you need to explain your definition of the word. Or you can simply continue with your pettifogging.

Forum List

Back