Do Sports Even Teach About Not Cheating Anymore?

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
A thought just occurred to me while I was reading something about a bill that's introducing saving women's sports from men entering them. If sporting games and any kind of game for that matter teaches that cheating is wrong, then how can they support the notion that it's okay for a biological man to compete against women? Wouldn't that act be cheating?

A thought just occurred to me while I was reading something about a bill that's introducing saving women's sports from men entering them. If sporting games and any kind of game for that matter teaches that cheating is wrong, then how can they support the notion that it's okay for a biological man to compete against women? Wouldn't that act be cheating?
Personally wondered if sport team, coaches, more experience players didn't teach cheating and methods to not get caught and charged.

huh?

I think you are looking for good sportsmanship. I started a lot of games, but actually 6th man (guard) on a basketball team and sometimes put in to intentionally foul out, physically sometimes what you would think of as harshly, even sidelining an opposing player at least temporarily to give our team an advantage. Not exactly good sportsmanship, way back then, and that was a church league. :auiqs.jpg:

• Banned
I think you are looking for good sportsmanship. I started a lot of games, but actually 6th man (guard) on a basketball team and sometimes put in to intentionally foul out, physically sometimes what you would think of as harshly, even sidelining an opposing player at least temporarily to give our team an advantage. Not exactly good sportsmanship, way back then, and that was a church league. :auiqs.jpg:

No actually with all due respect I think you are missing the point. I mean I guess you got the idea of it a little, but it's a lot more than just good sportsmanship, it's also about morality and human decency.

No actually with all due respect I think you are missing the point. I mean I guess you got the idea of it a little, but it's a lot more than just good sportsmanship, it's also about morality and human decency.
Actually, thought you might be in pie in the sky land based on title, but we are closer than expected. You aren't literally asking if they teach not cheating, as much as pointing out, if taught, it is possibly "tongue in cheek" if at all, as outright cheating, poor sportsmanship, etc is rampant.

• Banned
Actually, thought you might be in pie in the sky land based on title, but we are closer than expected. You aren't literally asking if they teach not cheating,

Exactly. I'm basically just using cheating as an example because they say how every game should be fair, and then they have a biologically built man playing against women which isn't fair for them in the slightest.

Exactly. I'm basically just using cheating as an example because they say how every game should be fair, and then they have a biologically built man playing against women which isn't fair for them in the slightest.
I hear you. I am pretty sure some swim coaches would love to have a 6'1" 190 lb trans guy, that swims like a shark in the 200-meter on his women's swim team, to help his team number whether fair to biologically born female women or not.

I hear you. I am pretty sure some swim coaches would love to have a 6'1" 190 lb trans guy, that swims like a shark in the 200-meter on his women's swim team, to help his team number whether fair to biologically born female women or not.

I know, but my point is that it still isn't right.

I know, but my point is that it still isn't right.
My only salient point is, I am clueless as to the answer, as much has gotten completely out of hand, out of control, along with people's ideas of what is fair, as the gates and considerations of fairness and efforts to be fair have in someways destroyed fairness.

My only salient point is, I am clueless as to the answer, as much has gotten completely out of hand, out of control, along with people's ideas of what is fair, as the gates and considerations of fairness and efforts to be fair have in someways destroyed fairness.

Hey, even though we might be on different political sides at least you're still smart enough to admit that it's unfair and that's exactly why I have respect for you. You don't let your politics get in the way of being a decent human being. Hence why you're on my follows list and you have been for a long time now. :)

Personally wondered if sport team, coaches, more experience players didn't teach cheating and methods to not get caught and charged.

What were you taught about cheating in sports when you were in school or Little League?

What were you taught about cheating in sports when you were in school or Little League?

Back in the day you didn't have to pound it into athlete's heads about sportsmanship! IMO that's "out the window" where it's expected "to game the system" and take advantage whenever you can! I watch Basketball and the acting going on is obscene! I've seen LaBron snap his head back like he'd been shot when guys he's guarding didn't lay a glove on him as he crashes to the floor! It's total BS! Sometimes the referees catch it and admonishhim, but it doesn't happen enough! I've seen some incredible examples of cheating with a football receiver dropping a catch, then pull the ball into him, and produce it as if it was caught! I'm embarrassed for anyone that desperate for accolades! :rolleyes: :eek::itsok::dunno:

Last edited:
Back in the day you didn't have to pound it into athlete's heads about sportsmanship! IMO that's "out the window" where it's expected "to game the system" and take advantage whenever you can! I watch B-Ball and the acting going on is obscene! I saw LaBron snap his head back like he'd been shot when the guy he was guarding didn't lay a glove on him as he crashes to the floor! It was total BS! Sometimes the referees catch it and admonish the player, but it doesn't happen enough! I've seen some incredible examples of cheating with a receiver on a football team dropping a catch, then pull the ball into him, then produce it as if it was caught! I'm embarrassed for anyone that desperate for accolades! :rolleyes: :eek::itsok::dunno:
What day was that?

Forum List

Back