Do Romney and Ryan really think Seniors will sell out their children's future?

NYcarbineer

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2009
Finger Lakes, NY
...just because their kill-Medicare plans spare them?

I don't believe that for a second. I don't believe that Grandma and Grandpa can be convinced to destory the benefits of Medicare for their children and grandchildren just because they got theirs.

I think most normal seniors care about their children's future, even if they won't be around for it.

I believe that the twisted tales they tell only shows a lack of intellegence by the campaign media manager, and production crews.

...just because their kill-Medicare plans spare them?

I don't believe that for a second. I don't believe that Grandma and Grandpa can be convinced to destory the benefits of Medicare for their children and grandchildren just because they got theirs.

I think most normal seniors care about their children's future, even if they won't be around for it.

Social Security and Medicare are redistribution of wealth programs that go from everyone who works to thoes who have the most money than any other age bracket. They are transfer payments. So yes, it does screw the younger generations who probaly wont have it. On MSNBC the other day, in fact, they said that all the polls show that seniors do care more about Social Security and medicare than the deficit. So yes, they will sell out their children.

Last edited:
I'm not an economist and a lot of the plan is like french to me. However, I've listened to both sides of the issue and, as a near-senior myself, I side with Ryan. It makes sense to me that he's trying to save social security and medicare/medicaid for EVERYONE. Whereas if we leave it to obama's plan, where nothing at all is done, I might not get it at all much less my kids or grandkids. Every time obama speaks on this he lies. I'm going with Ryan.

Seniors don't care as much about their children's future as they do about the 715 billion taken out of medicare today.

It doesn't matter how many experts obama comes up with to say that mammograms, pap tests, prostate cancer exams are not going to be given to older people, all seniors know is that they no longer get these tests.

Forum List

Back