These voices should be heard at the Republican Convention?

is the Romney campaign wise to prevent them from having any official speaking role?

• Total voters

Mustang

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2010
39° 44 mins 21 secs N, 104° 59 mins 5 secs W
This is the ad picture on the front of the Drudge Report. It looks like there's trouble brewing in the GOP. Looking at those faces, I can understand why a nominee would not want to take the chance that they would or could say something so outlandish that it could hurt Romney in the general election because, let's face it, every one of those people is known for rhetorical hyperbole to the Nth degree. But they DO represent a significant number of conservative voters.

So, is the Romney campaign wise to prevent them from having any official speaking role?

This is the ad picture on the front of the Drudge Report. It looks like there's trouble brewing in the GOP. Looking at those faces, I can understand why a nominee would not want to take the chance that they would or could say something so outlandish that it could hurt Romney in the general election because, let's face it, every one of those people is known for rhetorical hyperbole to the Nth degree. But they DO represent a significant number of conservative voters.

So, is the Romney campaign wise to prevent them from having any official speaking role?

No worries, Michael Moore may show up again.

It isn't like any of them are going to vote for obama because they didn't get to speak. I don't believe that there are a great many Ron Paul supporters who will vote for Romney even if they let him speak. As I see it it isn't a great loss for the GOP. Won't effect Romney at all.

It isn't like any of them are going to vote for obama because they didn't get to speak. I don't believe that there are a great many Ron Paul supporters who will vote for Romney even if they let him speak. As I see it it isn't a great loss for the GOP. Won't effect Romney at all.

Yeah, not likely. But the GOP field seems to have engendered both wounded egos and a sense of hurt provincial feelings among the various candidates and their supporters.

Yeah, not likely. But the GOP field seems to have engendered both wounded egos and a sense of hurt provincial feelings among the various candidates and their supporters.

Not to mention a sense of "holy shit! This is really the best we got? I have to vote for this guy because the only alternative is worse." Enough to put a sour face on anyone.

Based on the pic, I notice that whoever bought the ad doesn't have their panties in a wad over RP being denied a speaking role as well.

I'm not entirely sure, but Ron Paul MAY have some kind of role at the convention seeing as how he never 'went after' Romney like the other candidates did. Santorum comes to mind, and his picture isn't there either. And considering that Santorum won more delegates than any other candidate, it will be interesting to see whether he comes up with a more convincing endorsement than he managed to cobble together with his lukewarm letter to his supporters a few months ago.

what?...share the stage once again with all the candidates he beat in the nomination process......? :lol:

however the keynote speaker is going to be Governor Christie....:up:

A gag belongs on Palin. And Trump.

Bachmann, too, for that matter.

A gag belongs on Palin. And Trump.

Bachmann, too, for that matter.

Personally, I would like for ALL of them to have prominent roles at the convention. Turn 'em loose, and let them be who they are and say what they want to say. Americans who normally don't pay attention to what's going on in the political realm day to day just might be in for a surprise. I think it would be highly educational.

Forum List

Back