Do Right wingers understand that how you treat the elderly today is how they'll be treated tomorrow.

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
Right wingers are getting older all the time.

If healthcare becomes too expensive, they won't be able to afford it.

If their jobs are automated, they might need the social net.

If it's a choice between homeless and medicaid, then one day, they will need medicaid.

Everyone gets sick.

What is wrong with these people? Don't they see a future beyond the next 24 hours?

Maybe it will get so bad, people won't want to sneak into America anymore

If it's a choice between homeless and medicaid, then one day, they will need medicaid.

Everyone gets sick.

What is wrong with these people? Don't they see a future beyond the next 24 hours?

Don't feel so bad, I'm being treated worse than that today and I'm not elderly yet. You give and take in life, liberty and freedom with a lifetime of trying to go for it, or persecution and state abuses from the cradle to the grave.

Everyone gets sick.

So, let me get see if I understand this.
  1. We all get older, hopefully most of us will reach a point where we retire. Ok, I'm with you so far....
  2. If healthcare gets too expensive for a given person to afford, the only answer is Medicaid. Not sure I follow this, please explain your logic.
  3. If our jobs are automated, some of us will likely need some help. Sure, is the government the only place to get it?
  4. I really don't even know where to start with the medicaid-homelessness correlation. Please help me to understand how that connection is made.
See, the difference between real conservatives and true progressive liberals, is in where each group looks to solve problems. Liberals tend to look to the government, Conservatives tend to expect people to take personal responsibility for themselves. However, you would be hard pressed to find even a hardcore, radical conservative who would, knowingly, let a person starve, go homeless, or die, just because they were unable to meet their needs, even if it was their own fault. Conversely, one would find it difficult to find the opposite as well. A person so radically liberal, they are willing to give up everything THEY have worked for to support others. So, there really isn't a huge gap here, you just have to understand we all want the same basic result, we just have different ideas on how to achieve said result. We all want people to be looked after in their elder years, Conservatives advocate people to save and acquire the wealth necessary to look after themselves, Liberals want to use the government (aka, money taken from you and me) to look after those folks.

I, personally, fall somewhere between. I advocate people to save and acquire the wealth to look after themselves, to the best of their ability. At the same time, I live in reality where not everyone has the means to do this. How those people are looked after becomes a lot more complex, and I'm not sure this is the place to go into my thoughts on that. I will say that it is a multi-faceted approach, that is far more tailored to the individual than our current system of "one size fits all" and everyone gets a piece of the pie.

Everyone gets sick.

I see a future.
Go to SF and blow a bunch of liberals up along with myself screaming "ALLAH AKBAR!!!!"

Imagine a time when people could not look to Gub'mint to solve all of their problems.

In most cases, families stuck together. Ever wonder why "old" houses are so big? Because in that house lived a typical family consisting of: two parents, a bunch of children, 2 or 3 retired grandparents, and an old uncle or aunt who didn't or couldn't work, for one reason or another (often the Uncle was a drunk who couldn't hold a job).

But that was only MOST people. It didn't work out that way for everyone, and the Government decided to try to take care of the small group that was "old people with no family and no savings." And to help that relatively small group of people, the Government instituted an unconstitutional, massive, compulsory retirement program, based on economic principles dating back to a clever fellow named, Ponzi.

And now, because the Government "solved" the problem of poor old people with Social Security, we have more impoverished old people than we ever had, we have rich old people drawing generous government checks (I'm one of them - two, actually), and we have a Government debt - only linked to SS - that is unimaginably large and increasing geometrically every year.

So it should not surprise you that "right wingers" are not keen to solve difficult social problems with more and more government programs that will surely, inevitably, devolve into programs like Social Security - stupid, unsustainable, and abused by most of the recipients.

• Banned

Everyone gets sick.

1. We all get older, hopefully most of us will reach a point where we retire. Ok, I'm with you so far....
  2. If healthcare gets too expensive for a given person to afford, the only answer is Medicaid. Not sure I follow this, please explain your logic.
  3. If our jobs are automated, some of us will likely need some help. Sure, is the government the only place to get it?
  4. I really don't even know where to start with the medicaid-homelessness correlation. Please help me to understand how that connection is made.
See, the difference between real conservatives and true progressive liberals, is in where each group looks to solve problems. Liberals tend to look to the government, Conservatives tend to expect people to take personal responsibility for themselves. However, you would be hard pressed to find even a hardcore, radical conservative who would, knowingly, let a person starve, go homeless, or die, just because they were unable to meet their needs, even if it was their own fault. Conversely, one would find it difficult to find the opposite as well. A person so radically liberal, they are willing to give up everything THEY have worked for to support others. So, there really isn't a huge gap here, you just have to understand we all want the same basic result, we just have different ideas on how to achieve said result. We all want people to be looked after in their elder years, Conservatives advocate people to save and acquire the wealth necessary to look after themselves, Liberals want to use the government (aka, money taken from you and me) to look after those folks.

I, personally, fall somewhere between. I advocate people to save and acquire the wealth to look after themselves, to the best of their ability. At the same time, I live in reality where not everyone has the means to do this. How those people are looked after becomes a lot more complex, and I'm not sure this is the place to go into my thoughts on that. I will say that it is a multi-faceted approach, that is far more tailored to the individual than our current system of "one size fits all" and everyone gets a piece of the pie.
No, the difference is ignorance. And you clearly top the list.

Medicaid Cuts May Force Retirees Out of Nursing Homes

What is wrong with these right wing fukkers? Even Ayn Rand, the goddess of the right wing, the hater of Social Security depended on Social Security.

In fact, I bet several right wingers on this board not only get some kind of government benefit, but also food stamps.

I suspect they just don't want to think about it. Considering how many right wingers commit suicide, they probably just see it as an easy way out. They'll never have to worry about getting really old.

Everyone gets sick.

What is wrong with YOU, little buddy? You're spamming anti right wing strings like crazy today! What's got your panties in such a wad?

I plan on retiring in prison..No worries...
Unless the GOP and Trump manage to complete the job of turning the country into an oligarchy.

Remember "let him die" from the GOP presidential debates? It wasn't a joke. They meant it.

Imagine a time when people could not look to Gub'mint to solve all of their problems.

In most cases, families stuck together. Ever wonder why "old" houses are so big? Because in that house lived a typical family consisting of: two parents, a bunch of children, 2 or 3 retired grandparents, and an old uncle or aunt who didn't or couldn't work, for one reason or another (often the Uncle was a drunk who couldn't hold a job).

But that was only MOST people. It didn't work out that way for everyone, and the Government decided to try to take care of the small group that was "old people with no family and no savings." And to help that relatively small group of people, the Government instituted an unconstitutional, massive, compulsory retirement program, based on economic principles dating back to a clever fellow named, Ponzi.

And now, because the Government "solved" the problem of poor old people with Social Security, we have more impoverished old people than we ever had, we have rich old people drawing generous government checks (I'm one of them - two, actually), and we have a Government debt - only linked to SS - that is unimaginably large and increasing geometrically every year.

So it should not surprise you that "right wingers" are not keen to solve difficult social problems with more and more government programs that will surely, inevitably, devolve into programs like Social Security - stupid, unsustainable, and abused by most of the recipients.

The elephant in this room is that when you increase the size and scope of gov't to solve any problem you also increase the debt that must be serviced by future generations. Personally I hate the idea that we are basically spending our children's money, and their children and so on. It's fiscal irresponsibility, and yes I am aware that the GOP is doing the same thing the Dems are, spending money they ain't got. There is no moral high ground for either party to point fingers at the other when it comes to revenue, spending, and the debt.

The Obama administration screwed the working class. As a direct result of their inflationary policies the cost of living increased dramatically under Obama while wages stagnated.

The poor and middle classes got poorer when Obama intervened to prevent deflation of the dollar.

If it wasn't for Obama most people would be much better off financially.

Everyone gets sick.

No, the difference is ignorance. And you clearly top the list.

Medicaid Cuts May Force Retirees Out of Nursing Homes
You do seem to be onto something with your "ignorance" comment here. I think it is in a different way than you seem to have meant it though. Once again, instead of actually refuting what someone says, you call me ignorant. Fact is, I laid it out in a relatively simple way. You disagree apparently, and instead of refuting my position, you resort to the same old, tired tactic of one who is incapable of true, reasonable debate.

If you wish to have a discussion, please, show me you can do it in a way that is conducive to actually debating our differing opinions. If what you want is an echo chamber, at least be honest about it.

If you wish to have a discussion, please, show me you can do it in a way that is conducive to actually debating our differing opinions. If what you want is an echo chamber, at least be honest about it.
Guess it's the later, but unwilling to be honest about it. Oh well, my blocked list was feeling neglected and lonely anyway.

Do bed wetters understand they're not entitled to other people's shit?
Umm, nope. Remember, "by any means necessary." and "the ends justify the means." So, as long as we attain utopia, all will be forgiven. There is a place like that I hear. It's called "heaven" by some. Good luck getting in by taking other people's stuff though.

Forum List

Back