Do Republicans think Iraq would be stable now if the US stayed?

TheCrusader

Dec 30, 2015
If US troops were there right now would Iraq be "peaceful"? Or would it be a warzone killing thousands of US soldiers to fight ISIS etc?

If US troops were there right now would Iraq be "peaceful"? Or would it be a warzone killing thousands of US soldiers to fight ISIS etc?

No, Iraq would be stable if they never would have decided to interfere in the first place. Iraq was stable under Saddam Hussein, stable and contained....ditto Libya under Gaddafi.

If the US stayed in Iraq, then ISIS would just be bombing US soldiers in Iraq right now...

If US troops would have still been working with Iraq to keep Iraq stabilized and if Obama would have taken any action against ISIS as they came in Iraq would not have been overrun and would be stable. If our troops were in there NOW, having still done nothing to prevent ISIS from coming in as Obama did not we would still be fighting to get ISIS out.

It's simple...ISIS was allowed to invade because the US did nothing to stop them from coming in.

I believe if we had followed through with the Bush Doctrine and used Iraq as our base of operations to further combat radical Islamic terrorism, it would largely be under control today. Had we remained involved in the democracy project started there, we would still have some problems to deal with, but the people of Iraq would be well on their way to a stable democracy. This, in of itself, would have created a counter to the radical religious ideology permeating the region. You defeat an ideology with a better ideology.

The problem is, even the Bush Administration was abandoning their own policy by the end. The left, unchallenged intellectually, were able to turn the tide of public opinion in much the same way as they did with Vietnam. By the time Obama arrived, the writing was on the wall and we did a complete 180 on policy. Now, we are realizing the results of not sticking to our guns. This will continue to fester and worsen until we again decide to get serious about facing our enemy. I don't think we're there yet.

If the US stayed in Iraq, then ISIS would just be bombing US soldiers in Iraq right now...
Listen kid, you don't know what you are talking about.

Most of your threads I ignore, because they are utterly stupid and you get all of your info. from the MSM which, of course, is controlled by the establishment.

ISIS was created by the US, NATO, and her Gulf allies to achieve policy goals after we left the area. So naturally, it would never have existed if the US had stayed. If it had been created, it would never have turned on the US, because it is a creation of the US.

This is a similar situation as to why ISIS doesn't bother Israel. Get with the program.

Most of your threads I ignore, because they are utterly stupid and you get all of your info. from the MSM which, of course, is controlled by the establishment.

ISIS was created by the US, NATO, and her Gulf allies to achieve policy goals after we left the area. So naturally, it would never have existed if the US had stayed. If it had been created, it would never have turned on the US, because it is a creation of the US.

This is a similar situation as to why ISIS doesn't bother Israel. Get with the program.
What were the policy goals?

No, Iraq would be stable if they never would have decided to interfere in the first place. Iraq was stable under Saddam Hussein, stable and contained....ditto Libya under Gaddafi.

Contained, at great cost to the US in order to maintain a fragile stability. The interior of Iraq was still a nightmare for the shiites and especially the Kurds. Saddam had to go.

The greatest mistake we made was trying to undo their entire political system and build a new army from scratch. We should not have disbanded it. We should have kept the army intact, paid and very lightly armed to police the country as they had before. That way we could have vetted the officer corps and weeded out the bad guys.

We also did not need to remake their government. We could have done a lot better if we left most of it in place and allowed an elected parliament to select a new President.

Leaving Iraq entirely left a vacuum in place, and by doing either nothing to suppress Islamic radicals in North Africa or helping them in Libya allowed the jihad is movement to spread like a plague. We did nothing for the protesters in Iran, why did we "help" the arabs?

So I do believe the total withdrawal is part of the cause of ISIS. I believe now that our best bet is to get out of the ME entirely. Let the ruskies and gooks divide it up.

What were the policy goals?
Until Russia intervened you mean?

THE GREATER MIDDLE EAST PROJECT

Just Google this and read everything. "project for a new middle east"

Sometimes I think its just a UN proxy war anyways..
Too much shit going on to NOT think that
Supposedly they only have 30K fighters yet, 100 Nation coalition cant defeat them? They keep gaining territory? They keep gaining recruits via social media? Accidently dropping weapons to them?

Sometimes I think its just a UN proxy war anyways..
Too much shit going on to NOT think that
Supposedly they only have 30K fighters yet, 100 Nation coalition cant defeat them? They keep gaining territory? They keep gaining recruits via social media? Accidently dropping weapons to them?

They dropped the weapons to ISIL/ISIS/Daesh by accident THREE times, this is no accident, this is deliberate. The gaining of territory, yes because the Obama Coalition are actively helping the monsters Washington DC created, trained, funded and still support....there are NO Moderate Rebels, they are ALL terrorists.

The UN is evil, it always has had sinister objectives and of course it's been a Communist organisation from conception, founded by Communists with Communist principles.

Traitors like Alger Hiss involved in the conception of the UN, we must remember these things, in order to understand what the UN was created for, what it's aims are and what it's ultimate agenda is....One World Government (Communist) under UN control....the NWO personified therefore.

Not only no, but fock no, and voting for the Shrub was one of my dumbest votes ... actually it was the dumbest. I've voted for some losers, but W was in a league by himself. Without him, Obama would be a backbencher in the Senate.

As a arm chair quarterback, which in fact we all are, within the context of "if", my assumption is that without the capitulation and withdrawal of US and foreign military presence ISIS would only be active in heavily populated Sunni Muslim regions of Libya and possibly a small portion of Syria. As for bombing US positions, they would get their collective ass toasted. But then again "if" is nothing more than speculation sprinkled with bull shit:)

Actually W and Iraq was a small issue compared to the financial crisis. Iraq and Afghanistan fueled the wannabe anti war movement peace nicks that would rather fight terrorists on our own soil.

Don't go lecturing republicans about warfare and stability until you open a freaking history book. Iraqis executed the tyrant who ruled their country and engaged in free elections for the first time but they aren't stupid. They saw how democrats undermined the war and then undermined the peace. For all intents and purposes the only stable country liberated with American blood in the 20th century was Japan. Germany remained unstable for decades and Harry Truman's (executive ordered) war in Korea cost 50,000 American lives in three years and the area is unstable to this day.

Forum List

Back