Do Republicans really believe that the US going it alone is safer?

What does it mean when Republicans say other countries donā€™t pull their weight. What is it they expect other countries to do?
Ally themselves with Russia probably.

No, they either beef up their military or we leave NATO and we ally ourselves with Russia.
Make an ally of a murderous dictator?

Considering Republicans support shooting unarmed blacks and killing gays I guess I shouldnā€™t be surprised.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: xyz
This is why I personally believe that the Republican Party is a really stupid party.

Currently the United States patrols pretty much the entire world. We have aircraft carriers and battleships and we have military bases all over the world.
We go it alone and we have no reason to keep those bases open and we have no reason to keep those aircraft carriers and battleships. Because we wonā€™t be welcome, why? Because weā€™re alone.

The US canā€™t fight the entire world. And the Republican plan to turn away from supporting our allies and listening to Russia and China will be a disaster for this country.

Republicans are working hard to bring this country down. And if we arenā€™t vigilant, they will do it.

This is why I personally believe that the Republican Party is a really stupid party.

Currently the United States patrols pretty much the entire world. We have aircraft carriers and battleships and we have military bases all over the world.
We go it alone and we have no reason to keep those bases open and we have no reason to keep those aircraft carriers and battleships. Because we wonā€™t be welcome, why? Because weā€™re alone.

The US canā€™t fight the entire world.

Maybe not, but in a pinch, we could destroy it.

Do Republicans really believe that the US going it alone is safer?

Thereā€™s a famous phrase. Itā€™s called ā€œIā€™ve got your backā€œ. Thatā€™s why, historically, we sign treaties. For protection.

Russia and North Korea and other despotic regimes will never have our back. They want to see America destroyed.

So why do Republicans think that those awful countries are our friends and going it alone separate from our former friends is the best path for the United States?
It seems to me other countries do not have our back to the extent they want the US to have theirs

What does it mean when Republicans say other countries donā€™t pull their weight. What is it they expect other countries to do?
If you dont understand the issue at all, why start a thread?
Of course I know the issue. I also know that Obama negotiated with these other countries that they would increase over time the amount of money they paid for their military. And thatā€™s something that Trump is trying to take credit for, again.
And thatā€™s not even really the issue. I believe the issue is that Putin has ordered Donald Trump to destroy NATO and to isolate the United States and Trump is doing it. How do we know? His actions. They are telling us whatā€™s going on. Just look at what Trump says and does. Itā€™s not like itā€™s a secret.
----------------------------- they will increase the money over time and on Their Schedule when They Want to eh DeanRD .

Forum List

Back