Do Progressives really want to improve the lives of African Americans?

A black guy can run for President, and win.

You sure as shit would not have seen that 50 years ago.

And he ran as a Democrat. Because no black person has ever had a chance in hell in the GOP.
Collin Powell had a chance before he turned Rhino.
You have no clue that you just proved my point, do you. :lol:

If so, what have they done which has actually accomplished this? Are African Americans any better off, relative to the population as a whole, than they were 50 years ago? Or are Progressives more concerned with feeling good about themselves?

Dear jwoodie
I've been preaching for over 20 years for fellow liberals and progressives
to please help invest in, support and replicate the CAMPUS PLANS to
restore a national historic black district and use t his model to build campus towns along the border
to solve the global problems of immigration, trafficking and sweatshop slave labor:
www.freedmenstown.com
www.earnedamnesty.org

These solutions were developed by BLACK leaders in a historic Black community
fighting to save a historic Civil Rights landmark and Freed Slave settlement from
destruction and discrimination using millions in tax dollars to seize and destroy
national history, instead of investing in the business plans of BLACK COMMUNITY LEADERS
to save their own community and history.

I even started conversations with other BLACK rights advocates on here,
vocally against white racial discrimination, oppression and abuses,
hoping to connect them with Gladys House in Freedmen's Town.

Gladys has a lot of the same views and experiences they do, so I thought
they would relate to each other.

The two I hoped would take on this cause (IM2 and Asclepias) instead preferred to continue blaming white Republicans as racist and would not work with because I blamed Black Democrats instead of blaming White Republicans. I even EXPLAINED the reason I accept blame as part of the Democratic Party is so that I can participate in solutions and restitution for the past abuses, and compel others to help, and that's why I invested so much time and 60,000 dollars lent on credit to help support the nonprofit leaders in promoting their plans for restoration. I was trying to set an example for taking responsibility for the corruption, abuse and destruction.

But instead, I found that people preferred to BLAME ME for getting involved, instead of blaming the people who enabled the govt abuses to override the consent and representation of residents' interests and beliefs in restoring Black history as a sustainable campus district for teaching financial, property, and business management for democratic self-government.

I thought if the BLACK leaders united, they could finally win support for Gladys House's business plans. But instead of looking at her plans and taking them seriously, people keep looking at me and criticizing me when the focus should be on the democratic plans for sustainable development.

If the men cannot unite because of racial perceptions or party politics,
I thought maybe the WOMEN can unite and finally overcome this ongoing pattern
of "enabling oppression."

But with women in charge of promoting development plans, I found the men
react even worse, and dismiss or discredit these ideas if they are coming from women!

It seems to be a mix of conflicts, not just racism or party politics but also sexism,
where people expect the MEN to take leadership. But if they don't, then it falls on WOMEN. But people don't respect WOMEN leadership as seriously, so they keep waiting on MEN to take charge. But the MEN are so insulted by being blamed for what OTHER PEOPLE did wrong, that THEY don't want to take responsibility. so the WOMEN end up taking responsibility,
and so on and so on, where it goes in endless circles.
^ that's just a MICROCOSM of the mess that's going on, and why it appears neither party is solving problems, but just the BIGGER BULLIES like Clinton or Trump can push their way
to the top while everyone else is whining and blaming everyone else and doing nothing.

IM2 seems to blame me for blaming Black Democrats, but at least
I am willing to work with fellow Democrats AND with other church
and party leaders from all groups to fix this destructive mess.

At this point, jwoodie, I am guessing it is MALE EGO and "Patriarchal pecking order politics" that prevents people from working together.

Of all the divisions I find the hardest to forgive and heal from, that keeps people stuck in victimhood, if MEN feel threatened or criticized by either other MEN or especially WOMEN,
they would rather blame the other person or pull the VICTIM CARD.

They would rather resort to bullying and barriers rather than
bridges to restore working relations that require putting aside insulted ego's or whatever.

I am guessing this has more to do with why parties cannot resolve their
own issues and start supporting the solutions WITHIN THEIR OWN RANKS.

For some reason, it's easier to "keep blaming external sources"
rather than do the work to build solutions directly, even when
those solutions are coming from your own peers in your own party.

IM2 and Asclepias if you are just as baffled as I am
on why can't we all unite around sustainable solutions to issues
of disparity affecting Black and other disenfranchised community interests,
Please feel free to comment on the above "entanglement" I tried to describe above
in BOLDFACE. Isn't it some kind of mix between race, class and gender that
keeps people divided over which group to blame more for the ongoing disparity?

Whatever is the worse factor, I find different people blame different factors or groups.
Can't we accept the fact we are not going to all agree. Gladys blames the white
discrimination and I can still work with her because I understand that's her experience
and beliefs and way of expressing her perception of these problems. I can still work
with people who blame the Black Democrats and/or the City of Houston and still
work with those groups to fix the problems.

What I can't deal with is people who refuse to work with each other because I cannot just force anyone to change that. So I stay stuck if people do not agree to unite, I can't force that.

Which leaders would you agree to contact, consult with and invite to help Gladys and
Freedmen's Town leaders to fulfill their plans for sustainable development and financing?

If we can answer that question, and unite more people and resources around solutions,
maybe we can answer the OP question about which progressives sincerely care, which are willing to lead, and which are willing to follow "IF SOMEONE ELSE LEADS."

Last edited:
Yes, blacks get to vote now without getting lynched or having their churches burned to the ground.

They are allowed to live wherever they wish, instead of being redlined into ghettos.

Need more examples, kid?

Is that the best you can do? How about examples not sponsored by Republicans?
Moving the goalposts now, eh?

You asked about "Progressives".

It was progressive Democrats and Republicans who passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

153 Democrats and 136 Republicans in the House.

46 Democrats and 27 Republicans in the Senate.

All at the behest of Democratic president LBJ.

Next!
Wow. history revision 2019.

If so, what have they done which has actually accomplished this? Are African Americans any better off, relative to the population as a whole, than they were 50 years ago? Or are Progressives more concerned with feeling good about themselves?
Yes, blacks get to vote now without getting lynched or having their churches burned to the ground.

They are allowed to live wherever they wish, instead of being redlined into ghettos.

They get to eat at any lunch counter and sit wherever they like on a bus.

Need more examples, kid?
Yep. No thanks to Democrats

They get to eat at any lunch counter and sit wherever they like on a bus.

Need more examples, kid?
Yep. No thanks to Democrats
You are stunningly ignorant.

Need more examples, kid?

Is that the best you can do? How about examples not sponsored by Republicans?
Moving the goalposts now, eh?

You asked about "Progressives".

It was progressive Democrats and Republicans who passed the Civil Rights Act of 1964.

153 Democrats and 136 Republicans in the House.

46 Democrats and 27 Republicans in the Senate.

All at the behest of Democratic president LBJ.

Next!
Wow. history revision 2019.
Wow. A willfully blind tard who does not know history. What a surprise.

H.R. 7152. CIVIL RIGHTS ACT OF 1964. ADOPTION OF A ... -- House Vote #182 -- Jul 2, 1964

HR. 7152. PASSAGE. -- Senate Vote #409 -- Jun 19, 1964

]
cra-house-vote.jpg

cra-senate-vote.jpg

If every American was smart, they would stop voting for the Democrats and Republicans until they return to their core values instead of paying lip service to them.

That includes blacks.

When blacks do vote, they vote overwhelmingly for the Democratic party because the Republican party expends a tremendous amount of energy communicating just how much they hate blacks.

Today's Republican party has nothing in common with the GOP of 1964 or 1854.

As we can see above, most of the votes which passed the Civil Rights Act were Democrats. And this was done at the urging of a Democratic President who spent a lot of face time and telephone time pushing this legislation through.

So you can just imagine how loud I laugh every time some willfully stupid tard parrots the propaganda bullshit that civil rights "had nothing to do with Democrats...yep."

:lol:

Today's Republican party has nothing in common with the GOP of 1964

So what have Progressives accomplished since then?
Moving the goal posts yet again!

Nevertheless, do you need a list of the court decisions which have been handed down advancing civil rights?

It's a long list!

How are you this profoundly ignorant?

As we can see above, most of the votes which passed the Civil Rights Act were Democrats. And this was done at the urging of a Democratic President who spent a lot of face time and telephone time pushing this legislation through.

So you can just imagine how loud I laugh every time some willfully stupid tard parrots the propaganda bullshit that civil rights "had nothing to do with Democrats...yep."

:lol:
Didn't Al Gore Sr. Filibuster that bill?

Lol
Of course not, If they were successful and happy they cannot be controlled...

In 1969 most African-Americans were struggling to emerge from 100 years of jim crow laws and a new republic party that was trying to put the brakes in the 1964 Civil Rights Law.

Forum List

Back