Do progressives have any limits or boundaries on what government should provide

Do progressives have any limits or boundaries on what government should provide for a person??

Where is the line?

Why do you obsess over this idiocy so?

Progressives merely advocate an appropriate and necessary regulatory function for the government, a safety net to help unemployed Americans survive until they can get back on their feet, and the administration of programs designed to address the needs of the elderly and disabled.

Progressives are staunch advocates and practitioners of capitalism and the free markets; indeed, many are business owners themselves. They know, for example, that government programs ensure food safety, provide for road and bridge maintenance, and fund education and training programs that are not only necessary for a modern industrialized society, but vital to the success to their own and others’ businesses.

Progressives are staunch advocates of individual liberty and civil rights. For the bulk of the 20th Century progressives have fought against government excess and intrusion with regard to segregation and discrimination, against states violating privacy rights with regard to 4th Amendment search and seizure issues, 5th and 6th Amendment due process rights, and 14th Amendment equal protection rights. Every time a state or local government has attempted to violate the rights of their citizens, progressives have been there to challenge such violations in Federal court.

The fact is, as a rightist ideologue, you hate progressives because of their pragmatism, not because of their policies.

Perhaps if your took your head out of the rightwing echo chamber long enough to research the facts on your own, you wouldn’t need to post such threads.

What about the conservatives who think they have a right to say what happens in my body or my bedroom? The jerks on Fox News are going after the birth control stuff like they want it to be illegal (again). Liberals regulate business but they are much stronger on individual liberties than conservatives who are still defined by the "traditional values" crowd. The Tea Party only cares about the liberties of rich business guys not ordinary people. :tongue:

Do progressives have any limits or boundaries on what government should provide for a person??

Where is the line?
Their emotions are the limit. Throw enough crying children their way, and they'll vote for government-subsidized blowjobs when you turn 18.

There is no limit, literally none, to the leftwing greed for both government control and taxes. Preposterous as the idea is, incompetent leftwingers with minimum achievement, intellect, and experience (outside the simple acquisition of political power) view themselves as some sort of elite. They don't really believe in democracy, and view the Constitution as an antiquated document that they have to unfortunately pretend to uphold while they methodically dismember it. Their attitude toward the people in this country other than themselves was well summarized by obama: religion and gun clingers who are not smart enough to know what government policy should be, or what their taxes should be spent for, or practically anything else about their life. Their attitude drips with arrogance, and on their part requires a wholesale orwellian doublethink, a mental disconnect from the infamous disasters they've caused over the last hundred years.

What about the conservatives who think they have a right to say what happens in my body or my bedroom? The jerks on Fox News are going after the birth control stuff like they want it to be illegal (again). Liberals regulate business but they are much stronger on individual liberties than conservatives who are still defined by the "traditional values" crowd. The Tea Party only cares about the liberties of rich business guys not ordinary people. :tongue:
The liberoidals think they have the right to tell me what I do with my body.

They're the prime movers of seat belt laws, motorcycle helmet laws, smoking bans, trans fat bans, bullshit bans on toys in fast food meals....Not a one of them has ever made a move to end the idiotic "war" on (some) drugs, they're the first people to nag others about diet and exercise, they're the biggest pimps for socialized medical care, which will make gubmint the defacto "deciders" of what everyone will do with their bodies.

Physician, heal thyself.

What about the conservatives who think they have a right to say what happens in my body or my bedroom?

Lesseee - "my body" is feminazibabble for "my right to kill fetuses", and trust me, we DON'T want to know what goes on in your bedroom - YEECCCCCCHHHHHHH!!! :puke:

Where is the line?

Hovering at about the same place as the limit on how much money any individual can morally have, I suspect.

You're kidding. You're actually admitting that there is some kind of moral code that determines how much money someone is entitled to acquire? Can you explain this philosphy to me?

What about the conservatives who think they have a right to say what happens in my body or my bedroom?

Lesseee - "my body" is feminazibabble for "my right to kill fetuses", and trust me, we DON'T want to know what goes on in your bedroom - YEECCCCCCHHHHHHH!!! :puke:
So I guess you're calling me a Nazi and a pervert? i guess if that's the best argument conservatives can make to defend their deeply misogynistic policies then so be it. And by the way don't worry, you aren't ever going to get a chance to find out what goes on in my bedroom.

Where is the line?

Hovering at about the same place as the limit on how much money any individual can morally have, I suspect.

You're kidding. You're actually admitting that there is some kind of moral code that determines how much money someone is entitled to acquire? Can you explain this philosphy to me?

Read the Communist Manifesto.

So I guess you're calling me a Nazi and a pervert? i guess if that's the best argument conservatives can make to defend their deeply misogynistic policies then so be it. And by the way don't worry, you aren't ever going to get a chance to find out what goes on in my bedroom.

Deeply Misogynistic policies???

Terrorists.

Hostage-takers.

Are conservative policies of reducing the debt and reducing spending now sexist?

The name-calling gets more ridiculous by the hour.

Do progressives have any limits or boundaries on what government should provide

Wah! wah! wah! I'm afraid of progressives.

Seriously, go read a book.

Where is the line?

Off the top of my head, the only limit I can think of is their willingness to limit human rights to only the humans who live long enough to be born.

So, you think that you have the right to decide when a life begins. No one can have any opinions on anything that conflict with your opinions, even the Supreme Court.

Forum List

Back