Do Global warming evangelicals realize scientists can't explain climate change is....

What you really mean is that when the data doesn't support your hocus-pocus theories, instead of tossing out the theories you just invent excuses as to why the data no longer correlates.

AGW isn't science. It's a con. Aztec priests were intimately familiar with the kind of reasoning employed by their modern counterparts in the field of "climate science."

So you're saying that new evidence can't change a theory? Ever? We should stay with the way Aristotle thought the world worked?

If you can't make predictions based on your theory, then your theory is wrong. Geologists used to have a theory that the continents were fixed and immovable. "new evidence" showed that the continents did in fact move over time. Geologists then tossed the old theory on the trash heap.

We can't predict what viruses and bacteria will evolve into, but we know they evolve.

There is climate change, and it does impact storms and drought. How much and where, we don't know. How much is caused by CO2, is something we don't know either.

30 years ago, Geologists thought we'd be out of oil. We aren't. But oil is not a renewable fuel.

If you can't make predictions based on your theory, then your theory is wrong. Geologists used to have a theory that the continents were fixed and immovable. "new evidence" showed that the continents did in fact move over time. Geologists then tossed the old theory on the trash heap.

The ability of CO2 to absorb IR radiation isn't theory, however, it's scientific fact.

Spitting into the ocean will make sea level increase. That doesn't mean we have to move our life guard stations further up the beach as a result.

Built on sinking ground, Norfolk tries to hold back tide amid sea-level rise - Washington Post

So you're saying that new evidence can't change a theory? Ever? We should stay with the way Aristotle thought the world worked?

We can't predict what viruses and bacteria will evolve into, but we know they evolve.

There is climate change, and it does impact storms and drought. How much and where, we don't know. How much is caused by CO2, is something we don't know either.

30 years ago, Geologists thought we'd be out of oil. We aren't. But oil is not a renewable fuel.

No one has ever proposed a theory that establishes which direction evolution will take, so your claim is a non sequitur.

The fact that scientists don't know everything doesn't give the likes of you a blank check to make up the facts. That's how religion works, not science.

The ability of CO2 to absorb IR radiation isn't theory, however, it's scientific fact.

Spitting into the ocean will make sea level increase. That doesn't mean we have to move our life guard stations further up the beach as a result.

Built on sinking ground, Norfolk tries to hold back tide amid sea-level rise - Washington Post

Your article admits that the land the city is built on is sinking. Sea level increases are not affecting any other coastal city in America that I'm aware of.

Your article admits that the land the city is built on is sinking. Sea level increases are not affecting any other coastal city in America that I'm aware of.

(yawn)

New Orleans

Exactly, which as the article pointed out is why Fla and other coastal loccalities are studying it. Sea levels should not effect our cities for 30 years even on present models.

But your premise was that w/o predictions, theories are not theories. That's wrong. Evolution occurs in bacteria, but we can't predict what the change will be. Similarly, climate change is a fact. It may continue, it may abate. But if you think multi natioals and insuracnce aren't trying to factor in what the range of possibilies are, you are not paying attention.

Exactly, which as the article pointed out is why Fla and other coastal loccalities are studying it. Sea levels should not effect our cities for 30 years even on present models.

But your premise was that w/o predictions, theories are not theories. That's wrong. Evolution occurs in bacteria, but we can't predict what the change will be. Similarly, climate change is a fact. It may continue, it may abate. But if you think multi natioals and insuracnce aren't trying to factor in what the range of possibilies are, you are not paying attention.

You're actually wrong about bacteria. We actually can predict how they will evolve to some extent. If we expose them to antibiotics without kill them all off, then they will develop an immunity to antibiotics. This effect is as predictable as the sunrise.

Whatever multinationals and insurance companies are doing is beside the point. Scientific truths are not determined by what corporate executives think about them.

Altered data filtered through computer models that are programmed to say, "See that?! ManMade Global Warming!!" isn't science

You're actually wrong about bacteria. We actually can predict how they will evolve to some extent. If we expose them to antibiotics without kill them all off, then they will develop an immunity to antibiotics. This effect is as predictable as the sunrise.

Whatever multinationals and insurance companies are doing is beside the point. Scientific truths are not determined by what corporate executives think about them.

JFC, do you have any idea what you just posted? We can affect the environ to alter the effects of scientific happenings. LOL. And yeah, effective biz to alter their practices to fit with scientific knowledge. LOL

And no, the problem is this. We know that antibiotics will cause bateria to evolve so that the antibiotic is ineffective, but unfortunately we cannot predict exactly what the evolution is. If we could, then we'd have modified the antibiotic.

Last edited:

JFC, do you have any idea what you just posted? We can affect the environ to alter the effects of scientific happenings. LOL. And yeah, effective biz to alter their practices to fit with scientific knowledge. LOL

I have no idea what you're blabbering about. what I described is an experiment where the independent variable is isolated. That's how you do science. The fact that you think it's some sort of con only shows what an ignoramus you are.

And no, the problem is this. We know that antibiotics will cause bateria to evolve so that the antibiotic is ineffective, but unfortunately we cannot predict exactly what the evolution is. If we could, then we'd have modified the antibiotic.

You're obviously too stupid to waste time debating further. How would we develop an antibiotic that prevented bacteria from mutating?

"Scientists are struggling to explain a slowdown in climate change"

WHY the skepticism by scientists now???

"The climate system is not quite so simple as people thought," said Bjorn Lomborg, a Danish statistician and author of "The Skeptical Environmentalist" who estimates that moderate warming will be beneficial for crop growth and human health.

Some experts say their trust in climate science has declined because of the many uncertainties. The UN's Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) had to correct a 2007 report that exaggerated the pace of melt of the Himalayan glaciers and wrongly said they could all vanish by 2035.

"My own confidence in the data has gone down in the past five years," said Richard Tol, an expert in climate change and professor of economics at the University of Sussex in England.
Climate scientists struggle to explain warming slowdown | Reuters

See how far ahead of the curve conservatives are?
I mean you "progressives" are still in the 1970s memes.. global warming,etc...
While we conservatives were trying to get you hysterical glaciers will all melt hyperbole idiots to look at the facts and not the generalities!

For example NOT one of you "global warming" evangelicals have yet answered why a simple data gathering technique .. temperature reading stations and
the base point for the "global warming" data excluded 12.5% of the land mass? By discounting this 12.5% of the total land mass the average temperature
reading stations were skewed towards higher average!

That's just one of the many reasons common sense people are very skeptical of the Chicken Little.. "waterworld advocates"!

Discounting land mass doesn't necessarily skew readings. It's the distribution that's important, not whether you have every square inch of the globe covered. Besides, with satellite technology we should be getting better data from space than from hard to reach land based stations that can only be visited, serviced and re-calibrated at irregular intervals.

"The number of [Siberian] stations increased from 8 in 1901 to 23 in 1951 and then decreased to 12 from 1989 to present only four stations, those at Irkutsk, Bratsk, Chita and Kirensk, cover the entire 20th century.
IEA analysts say climatologists use the data of stations located in large populated centers that are influenced by the urban-warming effect more frequently than the correct data of remote stations…
The scale of global warming was exaggerated due to temperature distortions for Russia accounting for 12.5% of the world’s land mass.
The IEA said it was necessary to recalculate all global-temperature data in order to assess the scale of such exaggeration.
Climategatekeeping: Siberia « Climate Audit

"We found [U.S. weather] stations located next to the exhaust fans of air conditioning units, surrounded by asphalt parking lots and roads, on blistering-hot rooftops, and near sidewalks and buildings that absorb and radiate heat. We found 68 stations located at wastewater treatment plants, where the process of waste digestion causes temperatures to be higher than in surrounding areas.

In fact, we found that 89 percent of the stations – nearly 9 of every 10 – fail to meet the National Weather Service’s own siting requirements that stations must be 30 meters (about 100 feet) or more away from an artificial heating or radiating/reflecting heat source." (Watts 2009) Are surface temperature records reliable?

In the 1970s concerned environmentalists like Stephen Schneider of the National Center for Atmospheric Research in Boulder, Colorado feared a return to another ice age due to manmade atmospheric pollution blocking out the sun.

Since about 1940 the global climate did in fact appear to be cooling. Then a funny thing happened-- sometime in the late 1970s temperature declines slowed to a halt and ground-based recording stations during the 1980s and 1990s began reading small but steady increases in near-surface temperatures. Fears of "global cooling" then changed suddenly to "global warming,"-- the cited cause:

manmade atmospheric pollution causing a runaway greenhouse effect.
Global Warming:A Chilling Perspective

Never heard of Abiotic Oil have you???

OpEdNews - Article: Abiotic Oil -- Did Nazi Scientists Discover Unlimited Oil Reserves?

Um. It's not "global warming". It's climate change. Global warming implies that the world slowly continues to heat up.

The truth is closer to having more extreme weather, hot or cold, rain or dry.

I mean, the East Coast was battered with snow. In March.
It was also 70 degrees here... in January. It hasn't truly felt like Spring except for the past few days.

These things occurring aren't unique, but they are occurring with more frequency.

I don't claim that scientists know all the answers (that's why most things are Theories, not Laws, because all science is subject to change with new data), but I do believe that the Earth's climate is growing wonky.

(BTW, not to add fuel to the fire, but the reduction of greenhouse gases to prevent climate change has led to the ozone layer patching itself back up.)
Climate has always been changing, that's why we've had several ice ages on Earth.
We've also has several warming periods.
It's cyclical.....not Man induced.

That's only half the story. You're totally ignoring the time component. Ice Ages involved tens to hundreds of thousands of years. We're talking about the last 200+.

please explain this......
A ?green? Sahara was far less dusty than today - MIT News Office

The Sahara’s “green” era, known as the African Humid Period, likely lasted from 11,000 to 5,000 years ago, and is thought to have ended abruptly, with the region drying back into desert within a span of one to two centuries.

....Even though they have a tendency to go a "little" spastic when they recognize they've gone "all in" on a dying-market, like for-profit health-care, right??

543.gif

Um. It's not "global warming". It's climate change. Global warming implies that the world slowly continues to heat up.

It was also 70 degrees here... in January. It hasn't truly felt like Spring except for the past few days.

These things occurring aren't unique, but they are occurring with more frequency.

I don't claim that scientists know all the answers (that's why most things are Theories, not Laws, because all science is subject to change with new data), but I do believe that the Earth's climate is growing wonky.

(BTW, not to add fuel to the fire, but the reduction of greenhouse gases to prevent climate change has led to the ozone layer patching itself back up.)

How old are you?

Do you remember in the 70's when the scientist claimed we were headed toward an ice age?

They said that man could be partly to blame because of all the pollution we were putting out was blocking out the sun.

Now that it started warming up they claim it's because of the same pollution but instead of blocking out the sun it's keeping the heat in.

And now that it's stop warming up they refer to it as climate change.

Here's a little tip for you, the climate has been constantly changing for millions of years and man wasn't around to take the blame!

....Even though they have a tendency to go a "little" spastic when they recognize they've gone "all in" on a dying-market, like for-profit health-care, right??

543.gif

OK... Let's assume we hand a single payer health system.
Do we have claims?
Do we just go to a public clinic as there are no more private physicians.
Do the physicians work for the government?
Say we go to the hospital, we don't pay anything because there is nothing to pay for.
Let's assume single payer means then all the claims for services by hospitals/physicians,etc. are paid for by the government.
Will there be any claim for service that won't be paid?
I mean can you for example have an addadicktomy? Who will pay for the dick, the anesthetics, the surgery?

So let's assume the "govt. pays"... so you like these people:

ROGULSKI: And where did Obama get it?
WOMAN #1: I don't know, his stash. I don't know. (laughter) I don't know where he got it from, but he givin' it to us,
WOMAN #2: And we love him.
WOMAN #1: We love him. That's why we voted for him!

Or maybe this person... "I wont have to worry about putting gas in my car, I won't have to worry about paying my mortgage..
You know, If I help him, he's gonna help me." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slUBWQ1AUEg"

Do you think all of this will be paid out of Obama's stash???

Where will the money come from to pay for the single payer system?

I wonder how efficient this single payer system will be using Medicare as an example.
Unlike you I have access to all the Medicare payments made to Hospitals and in my research I've found a few examples where Medicare was overcharged by the hospitals 6,000%!
So using that "expertise" how long do you think a single payer system will survive with 6,000% markups???

Climate has always been changing, that's why we've had several ice ages on Earth.
We've also has several warming periods.
It's cyclical.....not Man induced.

That's only half the story. You're totally ignoring the time component. Ice Ages involved tens to hundreds of thousands of years. We're talking about the last 200+.

please explain this......
A ?green? Sahara was far less dusty than today - MIT News Office

The Sahara’s “green” era, known as the African Humid Period, likely lasted from 11,000 to 5,000 years ago, and is thought to have ended abruptly, with the region drying back into desert within a span of one to two centuries.

WOW it has been a few hours now and I am confused why the man made global climate change folks can not explain to me how the Sahara went wet to dry in only 200 years? with out fossil fuels being used?

There is nothing at all congress can do about climate change. Why do liberals constantly harp on it?

Do you think China, India, Argentina and other developing nations are going to cut back on energy consumption because a gaggle of academics think it's a good idea?

Dream on.

Forum List

Back