Do black people realize that it was an insult to Barack Obama

President Obama won the 2008 election because:

• He revolutionized the use of electronic media and a strong ground campaign to excite young voters and turn them out at the polls in unprecedented numbers
  • He revolutionized the use of electronic media to raise funds at an amazing level, $5 at a time
  • Even though VP candidates rarely impact the Presidential Race, people saw through Sarah Palin as the incompetent non-finisher she eventually proved herself to be. (who resigns from a Governor's position to launch a campaign and then not run?)
[/QUOTE]Palin had zip to due with McCain's defeat.

McCain had voted in lock step with Bush 90+ of the time on various issues.

After 8 years people were sick of Bush and weren't going to vote for a Bush clone.

Obama had 2 things going for him.

1) He wasn't Bush

2) He was black

Having Miss "I shoot moose from a helicopter and watch Russia from my porch" 2nd in command to potentially the oldest elected president concerned more than a few people.
Now you see how easy it is to define ones "character" here, and to talk about ones character being as either good or bad in ones opinion in life ? This is what needs to be the conversation from now on in this country, just as it should be only what is found in the political arena's now, as we need to finally do away with this skin color thing being so important over one's character instead, and it having meaning upon anything in these races anymore or in any other of the business that this nation engages in now. Everything should be based on character pure and simple, some education, a persons physical abilities and/or etc. but not upon ones color in life determining these things instead... Ones character should be fitted to and/or called upon in any situation, a job or circumstances to be involved in each room in which we enter into in life, and it is to be used therefore in the ways in which it is called upon when we enter that room or pass through it in life.

to say that he was or should be elected by them, on the basis of his skin color, and that of it being an historic moment/event if he was elected based upon his skin color (i.e. becoming the first Black President in the USA)?

Think about this for a moment.... Barack saw himself winning that first election personally I'm thinking, as to be based upon his education and that of him being an American, and it never being based upon his skin color or should have been to the American voter reagrdless of his skin color, otherwise to be based upon him being a black man in life in order that he should get the job. He accepted this blackman thing in which was placed upon him, but what does it make him think really of the people who saw it all in this way, and voted for him in this way ? Does he see them as being smart or that of being naieve and ignorant in life in America, because a President should always be hired based upon his education and record in life, in which qualifies him or her for the job, and never should it be based upon the color of ones skin in life.

Somehow this nation must get beyond this skin color thing in life, because as Martin Luther King once said, it is and never should be about color in America as we are all going into the future, but instead about character, so why did the people run around yelling to the roof tops about color in that 1st election, and what did color mean to them if the election in their mind was won on the premise of color and not that of character, and this I mean if it is found to be lacking there of once a person is looked at for their character found within their job, and not looked at because of their skin color ?

Electing the first Black President IS the first step in getting over this whole thing.
If Hillary had been elected, we would be getting over the gender thing.

Someone has to be the first, to be used as target practice for all the rhetoric and adjustment, and then later on, it won't be as big a deal, people will be more clearly judged for their politics.

In this election, there were many conservative Blacks who totally disagreed but still voted for Obama on the basis of race. Maybe in the future, that won't be the case, but people have to get used to the Barack Obama's, Condi Rice's and Herman Cain's and eventually look at what they are about, not just what they represent to them in terms of black people rising to power.

These last two elections were some of the first that many poor blacks ever bothered to go vote in. So all that is a new process, and will take time for them to learn not to depend on party or govt to "do things for you." Right now, many of them are dependent, so that is the reality of where they are starting on the learning curve of social and economic development.

I am not trying to be unfair or "racist." I live, volunteer and work two jobs to support a Freed Slave historic district of churches, where I planned to promote a campus program to break the cycle of poverty and teach low-income vets and church members to become self-sustaining financially by teaching property and business management through mentorships.
The team is lead by a sociologist who understands the economic gap that needs to be bridged before there can be equality among all groups, so this is just reality. The lower socioeconomic classes are not just black or latino, but also women and veterans left out of the loop without resources to support them, so they too easily end up on welfare rolls.

We need to set up educational/training systems that accommodate people behind on the learning curve toward social and economic independence WITHOUT taxing people just for making more money, but perhaps charging the costs to those who commit crimes or corruption at taxpayers expense and owe RESTITUTION into the system. So there is a way to pay for this without being unfair, without enabling the poor or punishing the rich; but holding each person accountable for paying back costs they incur to society so it's fair.
Excellent...

Having Miss "I shoot moose from a helicopter and watch Russia from my porch" 2nd in command to potentially the oldest elected president concerned more than a few people.
Now you see how easy it is to define ones "character" here, and to talk about ones character being as either good or bad in ones opinion in life ? This is what needs to be the conversation from now on in this country, just as it should be only what is found in the political arena's now, as we need to finally do away with this skin color thing being so important over one's character instead, and it having meaning upon anything in these races anymore or in any other of the business that this nation engages in now. Everything should be based on character pure and simple, some education, a persons physical abilities and/or etc. but not upon ones color in life determining these things instead... Ones character should be fitted to and/or called upon in any situation, a job or circumstances to be involved in each room in which we enter into in life, and it is to be used therefore in the ways in which it is called upon when we enter that room or pass through it in life.

I honestly tried, but I don't have a freakin' clue WHAT you said here. No offense intended. I simply cannot make heads or tails of this. Anyone wanna help translate, be my guest.

Sorry.

I honestly tried, but I don't have a freakin' clue WHAT you said here. No offense intended. I simply cannot make heads or tails of this. Anyone wanna help translate, be my guest.

Sorry.
How could you not know what I am saying here ? It's simple really ! All I am saying is that people should always be either evaluated, promoted, fired, liked, trusted, not trusted, called upon for help in times of need and so on and so forth in this nation (the list could go on forever), as based upon character, and never should these things be determined by the color of ones skin color ever. I mean it's easy really, so how can people keep missing this important fact in life ? It is the only way that this nation will ever put this race thing behind it, but as long as the race hustlers keep their games going, then we will see ignorance prevail over our common sense in this nation forever and ever more. Frankly I think people are almost done with this skin color thing in this nation, especially it somehow taking precidence over ones character in this nation, and if they aren't then we are doomed to fail sooner or later as America, in which should be full of Americans and recognized as Americans only by their character in life, and never by their skin color in life.

Not sure how you done it, but I am you and you are me as listed in the way that you forwarded the above blocks in which you responded to in regards to my post...LOL Now that I cannot understand...LOL

Last edited:

Sorry.
How could you not know what I am saying here ? It's simple really ! All I am saying is that people should always be either evaluated, promoted, fired, liked, trusted, not trusted, called upon for help in times of need and so on and so forth in this nation (the list could go on forever), as based upon character, and never should these things be determined by the color of ones skin color ever. I mean it's easy really, so how can people keep missing this important fact in life ? It is the only way that this nation will ever put this race thing behind it, but as long as the race hustlers keep their games going, then we will see ignorance prevail over our common sense in this nation forever and ever more. Frankly I think people are almost done with this skin color thing in this nation, especially it somehow taking precidence over ones character in this nation, and if they aren't then we are doomed to fail sooner or later as America, in which should be full of Americans and recognized as Americans only by their character in life, and never by their skin color in life.

Not sure how you done it, but I am you and you are me as listed in the way that you forwarded the above blocks in which you responded to in regards to my post...LOL Now that I cannot understand...LOL

Something weird happened on post #54 and again in a later post. I can't edit those posts, but that's where the switching thing started. I hadn't noticed until you pointed it out. Hopefully I can fix it in this post.

FWIW, I understand your last post a lot better than the one from yesterday. In yesterday's post I could not read through a complete sentence and follow the train of thought. Only thing I will say to this latest post is what I've already said.

• Some blacks voted for Pres. Obama because he is black.
  • Some people voted for Gov. Romney because Pres. Obama is black
  • Both those positions are reprehensible, but they probably effectively cancel each other out.
  • At the end of the day, there was a broader mix of people who voted for Pres. Obama than for Gov. Romney. (Hispanics, young voters of all races, women, middle class voters). Could be based on character.....could be based on content of campaign message. Doubt it was all based on race.
  • If all blacks voted for Pres. Obama, but no one else did, he would not stand a chance.
  • Likewise, if Gov. Romney relied only on white voters and effectively alienated non-white voters, he would not stand a chance, especially if a significant number of whites vote for his opponent (36% did)

Instead of focusing on why blacks voted for Pres. Obama, the Republican Party needs to focus on why 36% of white voters, plus large blocks of Hispanics, younger voters, and middle class city dwellers of all ages and races rejected Gov. Romney in droves.

I believe the main reason some 92% of Blacks and 73% of Hispanics voted for Obama has nothing to do with Obama's race. They weren't so much voting for Obama as they were voting against the Republican party, which they do not view as supportive of their position.

The black percentage of support for Obama is old news. Folks need to do some reading before being excited by it.

Look up the percentage of blacks who voted for Gore and Kerry.

The black percentage of support for Obama is old news. Folks need to do some reading before being excited by it.

Look up the percentage of blacks who voted for Gore and Kerry.

Very good point. Forget Gore & Kerry....go back to Kennedy and Johnson. Basically, when the Democratic Party was heavily influenced by the Southern Democrats, blacks stayed away from the Democratic Party in droves and supported the party of Lincoln. During FDR's reign, blacks started shifting to the Democratic Party. Then Kennedy started speaking of a new promise and supported civil rights. Johnson continued support of civil rights and supported and signed the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Since then blacks have been all but exclusively Democrat.

Black_Vote_Pres.jpg

Now that the Republican Party is heavily influenced by the Tea Party, blacks are staying away in droves and supporting the party of Kennedy / Johnson. It's a shame, too, because more and more, blacks are resenting being taken for granted by the Democratic Party. But as long as the Tea Party has a voice in the Republican Party, we're likely to continue to see blacks heavily supporting Democratic candidates, no matter what their skin color.

Just my opinion with a couple facts thrown in.

I don't think it's that much of a race issue. I'm white working class and I don't believe the republicans have anything to offer the working class. They have issues like right to life but they don't care about the lives of children in poverty. They are always figuring out ways of reducing or abolishing any programs that help children in poverty. Nutrition programs in schools, childrens health insurance, help with tuition. There's always a republican trying to drastically cut or get rid of these programs. The recent Ryan/romney ticket where Ryan would love to eradicate the safety nets so there's more money for the military should have had any working class citizen take notice.

Blacks vote for blacks.

It's a fact of life. :cool:

No matter what? Does it matter if you think he's qualified or not?

Caroljo,

Speaking as a black man who has voted for candidates who are black, white, Hispanic, Asian, female, and Native American in various local, state and national elections, qualifications count a lot more than race. I can also say that is pretty much true of most of the people I associate with.

The original post would only be true in an environment where people delegate the requirement to think. That is more insulting to an entire group of people than the OP apparently believes his ridiculous premise is an insult to President Obama.

Again, to answer your question. Qualifications are more important than skin color. In fact SOMETIMES qualifications are even more important than party affiliation.

^^ THIS!!! :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Blacks vote for blacks.

It's a fact of life. :cool:

That's simplistic and insulting. The last white mayor of Baltimore won a majority in the Democratic primary(the real election), when everyone assumed he'd win by a plurality, because the black candidates would split the vote. Whites voting for whites would be closer to the truth, but still insulting considering Obama's two victories.

Last edited:
I don't think it's that much of a race issue. I'm white working class and I don't believe the republicans have anything to offer the working class. They have issues like right to life but they don't care about the lives of children in poverty. They are always figuring out ways of reducing or abolishing any programs that help children in poverty. Nutrition programs in schools, childrens health insurance, help with tuition. There's always a republican trying to drastically cut or get rid of these programs. The recent Ryan/romney ticket where Ryan would love to eradicate the safety nets so there's more money for the military should have had any working class citizen take notice.

It isn't a racial issue at all when looking at it from a "why did they vote for Obama" standpoint. It is a huge racial issue when looking at it from a "why did they vote for a Democrat rather than a Republican" standpoing.

I believe the main reason some 92% of Blacks and 73% of Hispanics voted for Obama has nothing to do with Obama's race. They weren't so much voting for Obama as they were voting against the Republican party, which they do not view as supportive of their position.
And so their positions were found mainly upon the social issues, and not the Job's issue right ? This is where the repubs lost touch, because they thougt this nation was more about bread and butter issues, and this more so than it was about the social issues in which this nation is knee deep in or has waded into knee deep now, and so we have a nation that is way more caught up in these social issues more so than the job issues and/or long term security issues we face now. Wow!

Now the question is were the voters right or wrong on this, as it will soon tell when they start crying and screaming because they can't afford this and can't afford that in the months and days to come.

I wonder if these social agenda's in which they have now, will put food upon their table without government assistance now or get them a job without government assistance now ?

I don't think it's that much of a race issue.

You don't think that it's that much of an issue eh ? Well how much did you think that it was an issue then ?

I'm white working class and I don't believe the republicans have anything to offer the working class.
Really now ! How could you actually clarify this statement ?

They have issues like right to life but they don't care about the lives of children in poverty.
You have got to be kidding me right, I mean these are Americans that you are talking about, and they don't care about children living in poverty or dying eh ?

They are always figuring out ways of reducing or abolishing any programs that help children in poverty. Nutrition programs in schools, childrens health insurance, help with tuition. There's always a republican trying to drastically cut or get rid of these programs.
So there is never any responsibility on the citizens part in America anylonger is what you advocate or you are saying? I mean the citizen shouldnot ever again be responsible in their thinking now, and they should never be held accountable for the little ones that they willfully bring into this world, even when they know that they are in poverty themselves prior to laying down and spreading their legs without any regard as to who will pay for the children in which they bring into this world, and in which they do without having any thought of such things upon doing so ? The government has fueled this way of thinking, and that is what needs to be reverse engineered, just like it was foward engineered by the democrats and liberals who thought it a good thing to do this when in power. Now the nation is spoiled rottten, ignorant and fooled by it all, and Lord don't take hold to the (government lollipop/sucker) in any kind of way, because the babies will have a temper tantrum just as they did in this election.

The recent Ryan/romney ticket where Ryan would love to eradicate the safety nets so there's more money for the military should have had any working class citizen take notice.
Oh so Romney/Ryan was for killing children and the poor in this nation, so that the military could have more and more and more ? I'm not buying this line for a minute, but nice try though..

It isn't a racial issue at all when looking at it from a "why did they vote for Obama" standpoint. It is a huge racial issue when looking at it from a "why did they vote for a Democrat rather than a Republican" standpoing.
Sorry, but your logic is not correct, and for alot of the black people who may have voted Obama into office as based upon his skin color again, then I really do feel sorry for you that you did such a thing, and it really is scary that you have to think in this sort of way in the 21st century, instead of being in a position now in America, where as you would vote instead upon the character of a man along with his positions on the issues, and not upon the skin color of a man as you may have done in this election.

Sorry, but your logic is not correct, and for alot of the black people who may have voted Obama into office as based upon his skin color again, then I really do feel sorry for you that you did such a thing, and it really is scary that you have to think in this sort of way in the 21st century, instead of being in a position now in America, where as you would vote instead upon the character of a man along with his positions on the issues, and not upon the skin color of a man as you may have done in this election.

Maybe it is just late and I do not understand.

93 is percent of blacks voted for Obama. 85 ish percent vote Democrat in general. Even for John Kerry.

Are you complaining about one or the other or each? I would venture to say until the last person who remembers segregation dies blacks will take any hint of racism from the Todd Akin crowd very seriously and understandably so.

According to the chart I posted in post #68, his logic is spot on. Blacks have HISTORICALLY voted for Democrats and AGAINST REPUBLICANS for decades. The numbers are the same whether both candidates are white or if, as in 2008 & 2012, the candidate is black. There may have been a higher black turnout in 2008, but then lower again in 2012.

The data is there to disprove your point. By the way....couldn't help noticing that you switched back from " I was just wondering if...." to your original position of "because it was....". Smooth.

Bottom line.....blacks have voted for Democrats since 1960 for the simple reason that they are not Republicans. Not much more analysis required beyond that.

Last edited:

Maybe it is just late and I do not understand.

93 is percent of blacks voted for Obama. 85 ish percent vote Democrat in general. Even for John Kerry.

Are you complaining about one or the other or each? I would venture to say until the last person who remembers segregation dies blacks will take any hint of racism from the Todd Akin crowd very seriously and understandably so.
I am complaining that color should have never been an issue when voting in an election, and this is being said in regards to any black Americans who were voting in this way, because what I was hearing coming out of alot of black peoples mouths prior too, led me to believe that they were voting for the "black guy" again, and then you had the promoting of all brown skins in rhetoric by some also, where as they had best do the same or the white people were going to destroy them all in this nation (the race card), and that was just sad to witness really. It is even going on still or now after this election, where as all one has to do is listen to the rhetoric and talk going on amongst these crowds still.

Forum List

Back