Do black people realize that it was an insult to Barack Obama

Dear Martin and Beagle: I can't follow who is quoting whom, because of whatever editing issue was going on. I noticed the extra quote citing someone else at the top of your msgs?

In general:
A. I get that someone above was saying that "people should be judged by their character" in ALL things they say, and ALL things they do, in public and in business, etc. I got that.

B. however, I noticed that Sunni Man was trying to summarily "judge" Sarah Palin by pegging her as Miss "Moose Shooter" who could "see Russia from her house." That is more misjudging her character based on convenient sound bytes in the media. How is that different from a racial stereotype?

Sarah Palin actually did a lot of work to clean out the "good old boy" politics that infested her Party and State. If you are going to judge someone, you should research the big picture, and not trust the media to paint a skewed picture for you, or more like a caricature!

We still have a ways to go before we really judge people based on character.
I would be more prone to trust Sarah Palin's character, since at least she is willing to say things openly and "make mistakes" in public, rather than Obama who seems more geared to HIDING whatever mistakes he makes, which is more dangerous and politically unpredictable.

Copy that. Sarah is pure Sarah and her honesty and willingness to make mistakes in public, leaves little doubt that the Palin's down syndrome child got a lot from the mom.

Best not put her in charge of anything where readin' might be helpful with the job.

Yeah?
Your attrocious attack on her by way or use of her child speaks mountins about your inward sick character in life, and thus should dis-qualify you for being taken seriously about anything in life anymore. Yeah you went there and you shouldn't have, but you did...sad

Copy that. Sarah is pure Sarah and her honesty and willingness to make mistakes in public, leaves little doubt that the Palin's down syndrome child got a lot from the mom.

Best not put her in charge of anything where readin' might be helpful with the job.

Yeah?
Your attrocious attack on her by way or use of her child speaks mountins about your inward sick character in life, and thus should dis-qualify you for being taken seriously about anything in life anymore. Yeah you went there and you shouldn't have, but you did...sad

True enough. But it could be worse: imagine living with S Palin "intelligence." Whew. That's gotta be one claustrophobic little world view.

Mitt Romney was terrible. He said he would only represent half the country. The very month of the election, he was moving one of his companies to China. He has been more secretive and dishonest than Nixon.

The only reason Republicans voted for him is because their party is 90% white and Mitt Romney is white. Most of the time.

pantone%20romney.jpg

Dear Martin and Beagle: I can't follow who is quoting whom, because of whatever editing issue was going on. I noticed the extra quote citing someone else at the top of your msgs?

In general:
A. I get that someone above was saying that "people should be judged by their character" in ALL things they say, and ALL things they do, in public and in business, etc. I got that.

B. however, I noticed that Sunni Man (nope....that was me...Martinjlm) was trying to summarily "judge" Sarah Palin by pegging her as Miss "Moose Shooter" who could "see Russia from her house." That is more misjudging her character based on convenient sound bytes in the media. How is that different from a racial stereotype?

Sarah Palin actually did a lot of work to clean out the "good old boy" politics that infested her Party and State. If you are going to judge someone, you should research the big picture, and not trust the media to paint a skewed picture for you, or more like a caricature!

We still have a ways to go before we really judge people based on character.
I would be more prone to trust Sarah Palin's character, since at least she is willing to say things openly and "make mistakes" in public, rather than Obama who seems more geared to HIDING whatever mistakes he makes, which is more dangerous and politically unpredictable.

Emilynghiem,

I was the one who characterized Sarah Palin as "Miss Moose Shooter". Sorry for the mucked up quote pattern.....something I messed up in trying to cut some of the volumes of text out of the cascading quotes.

I would also like to say that impuning someone's character is a lot different than racial stereotyping. I intentionally lampooned her based on things she said and/or did (her character) as opposed to assuming incompetence for someone based on their genetic makeup. BIG difference. If someone says or does something stupid, immoral, or illegal, they should be called on it. To imply that someone has negative traits due to their arrangement of chromosomes and genes is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Mitt Romney was terrible. He said he would only represent half the country. The very month of the election, he was moving one of his companies to China. He has been more secretive and dishonest than Nixon.

The only reason Republicans voted for him is because their party is 90% white and Mitt Romney is white. Most of the time.

pantone%20romney.jpg
Mitt says to you - If you make up an "imaginary me" and then hate that me you just made up, you are a fart. The son of a "stench". The daughter of a "belch". LOL..

Blacks vote for blacks.

It's a fact of life. :cool:

No matter what? Does it matter if you think he's qualified or not?

Caroljo,

Speaking as a black man who has voted for candidates who are black, white, Hispanic, Asian, female, and Native American in various local, state and national elections, qualifications count a lot more than race. I can also say that is pretty much true of most of the people I associate with.

The original post would only be true in an environment where people delegate the requirement to think. That is more insulting to an entire group of people than the OP apparently believes his ridiculous premise is an insult to President Obama.

Again, to answer your question. Qualifications are more important than skin color. In fact SOMETIMES qualifications are even more important than party affiliation.

Good points and overall, a very good, logical post. The one thing that I would add that drives voting preferences in any election is when a candidate best represnts the self interests of the individual.

No matter what? Does it matter if you think he's qualified or not?

Caroljo,

Speaking as a black man who has voted for candidates who are black, white, Hispanic, Asian, female, and Native American in various local, state and national elections, qualifications count a lot more than race. I can also say that is pretty much true of most of the people I associate with.

The original post would only be true in an environment where people delegate the requirement to think. That is more insulting to an entire group of people than the OP apparently believes his ridiculous premise is an insult to President Obama.

Again, to answer your question. Qualifications are more important than skin color. In fact SOMETIMES qualifications are even more important than party affiliation.

Good points and overall, a very good, logical post. The one thing that I would add that drives voting preferences in any election is when a candidate best represnts the self interests of the individual.
Again this election was different, because it was touted to the mountain tops that a blackman was about to be elected, therefore suggesting that this was very important based upon the significance of a perons skin color. Now what has Obama done for the nation in the last 4 years as based upon his skin color (did he rescue those who felt he should have, and this as based upon their skin color also?), and what will he do in the next 4 years as based upon his skin color (will he rescue those who think they put him into office because he was the same skin color as them?). So you see how rediculous this was for those who put so much emphasis on a persons skin color in representation of, instead of the person behind the color in which was elected ?

We have a major problem in this nation when it comes to these kinds of thinkings, and it needs to be fixed somehow, especially so we don't have to continue down this road of thinking, in that a persons skin color is evidence that he would represent specifically another person of the same skin color more so than anyone else is represented in America. If this was the reason that a person would have voted the man into office because of this notion or reasoning, then it was a selfish one at best, and an idiotic one at worst.

pantone%20romney.jpg
He said he would only represent half the country.

Link, please to where Romney said "I will only represent half the country." Can't find it can you. When they were passin' out brains, you got soup instead. :rolleyes:

to say that he was or should be elected by them, on the basis of his skin color, and that of it being an historic moment/event if he was elected based upon his skin color (i.e. becoming the first Black President in the USA)?

Think about this for a moment.... Barack saw himself winning that first election personally I'm thinking, as to be based upon his education and that of him being an American, and it never being based upon his skin color or should have been to the American voter reagrdless of his skin color, otherwise to be based upon him being a black man in life in order that he should get the job. He accepted this blackman thing in which was placed upon him, but what does it make him think really of the people who saw it all in this way, and voted for him in this way ? Does he see them as being smart or that of being naieve and ignorant in life in America, because a President should always be hired based upon his education and record in life, in which qualifies him or her for the job, and never should it be based upon the color of ones skin in life.

Somehow this nation must get beyond this skin color thing in life, because as Martin Luther King once said, it is and never should be about color in America as we are all going into the future, but instead about character, so why did the people run around yelling to the roof tops about color in that 1st election, and what did color mean to them if the election in their mind was won on the premise of color and not that of character, and this I mean if it is found to be lacking there of once a person is looked at for their character found within their job, and not looked at because of their skin color ?

I tried to make sense out of your OP but could not do so. I will have to go with that black people should be insulted by you trying to tell them what to think.

to say that he was or should be elected by them, on the basis of his skin color, and that of it being an historic moment/event if he was elected based upon his skin color (i.e. becoming the first Black President in the USA)?

Think about this for a moment.... Barack saw himself winning that first election personally I'm thinking, as to be based upon his education and that of him being an American, and it never being based upon his skin color or should have been to the American voter reagrdless of his skin color, otherwise to be based upon him being a black man in life in order that he should get the job. He accepted this blackman thing in which was placed upon him, but what does it make him think really of the people who saw it all in this way, and voted for him in this way ? Does he see them as being smart or that of being naieve and ignorant in life in America, because a President should always be hired based upon his education and record in life, in which qualifies him or her for the job, and never should it be based upon the color of ones skin in life.

Somehow this nation must get beyond this skin color thing in life, because as Martin Luther King once said, it is and never should be about color in America as we are all going into the future, but instead about character, so why did the people run around yelling to the roof tops about color in that 1st election, and what did color mean to them if the election in their mind was won on the premise of color and not that of character, and this I mean if it is found to be lacking there of once a person is looked at for their character found within their job, and not looked at because of their skin color ?

I tried to make sense out of your OP but could not do so. I will have to go with that black people should be insulted by you trying to tell them what to think.

Bingo!

pantone%20romney.jpg

Link, please to where Romney said "I will only represent half the country." Can't find it can you. When they were passin' out brains, you got soup instead. :rolleyes:

In all fairness, what he said was there was no need to campaign to 47% of the public. Assume them to be lost votes. He did not say he wouldn't represent them.

That hard for ya eh ?

It's funny that you think that this is what I was doing, when it was not, but if you say so ravi then everyone either will or they won't believe you. (Feeling lucky)?

No time to explain everything now though, so you will have to go back and read all the post in this thread, then come back and let us know if you were enlightened or you are still confused. wow

pantone%20romney.jpg

In all fairness, what he said was there was no need to campaign to 47% of the public. Assume them to be lost votes. He did not say he wouldn't represent them.
You say he figured them to be lost votes? I think it was more instead that he figured some to be among the critically dependent already, so they would be taken care of just as they have been taken care of even if they didn't vote. The others were the democrats of course, where as the two combined could have made up this 47% of the population he spoke about.

I think he was after everyone elses vote for whom still had a live stake in the game, would also vote for him, and badly wanted change...This is what I think he was speaking about when targetting potential voters, and then suggesting that there was possibly around 47% whom would not vote for him over all for all sorts of reasons, ummmm was probably right in his thinking at the time, and so he just spoke in a simple spoken way about it when he did this, and they (his political enemies) pounced on it..

You are right, that he didnot ever say that he wouldnot represent all once he was the President, and it makes sense because he did say that he would represent all if he became the President.

Last edited:

You say he figured them to be lost votes? I think it was more instead that he figured some to be among the critically dependent already, so they would be taken care of just as they have been taken care of even if they didn't vote. The others were the democrats of course, where as the two combined could have made up this 47% of the population he spoke about.

I think he was after everyone elses vote for whom still had a live stake in the game, would also vote for him, and badly wanted change...This is what I think he was speaking about when targetting potential voters, and then suggesting that there was possibly around 47% whom would not vote for him over all for all sorts of reasons, ummmm was probably right in his thinking at the time, and so he just spoke in a simple spoken way about it when he did this, and they (his political enemies) pounced on it..

You are right, that he didnot ever say that he wouldnot represent all once he was the President, and it makes sense because he did say that he would represent all if he became the President.

Mitt Romney in video: 47 percent of Americans 'Believe they are Victims' and feel 'Entitled' - YouTube

Regarding the stuff in Blue, both things are true. One is cause, the other is effect. Since he believes that 47% feel entitlement and that 47% pay no taxes, those people would not vote for him no matter what. And therefore those votes are lost.

And actually, I would tend to agree with you that there is truth beneath what he is saying. There is truth in HIS statement that he needed to focus on the low percentage of uncommitted voters. He unfortunately voiced it in statements that could be interpreted to mean "F..... the other 47%" and he paid dearly for that.

Well over 90% of blacks vote ONLY on the basis of skin color. Anybody with the IQ of a handball knows it. A huge majority of blacks are raised in families where there is a culture of "hate whitey".......not at all the reality of the statist media. The GOP shouldnt waste a single dollar trying to court a single black vote

Caroljo,

Again this election was different, because it was touted to the mountain tops that a blackman was about to be elected, therefore suggesting that this was very important based upon the significance of a perons skin color. Now what has Obama done for the nation in the last 4 years as based upon his skin color (did he rescue those who felt he should have, and this as based upon their skin color also?), and what will he do in the next 4 years as based upon his skin color (will he rescue those who think they put him into office because he was the same skin color as them?). So you see how rediculous this was for those who put so much emphasis on a persons skin color in representation of, instead of the person behind the color in which was elected ?

We have a major problem in this nation when it comes to these kinds of thinkings, and it needs to be fixed somehow, especially so we don't have to continue down this road of thinking, in that a persons skin color is evidence that he would represent specifically another person of the same skin color more so than anyone else is represented in America. If this was the reason that a person would have voted the man into office because of this notion or reasoning, then it was a selfish one at best, and an idiotic one at worst

You certainly must realize that there is no way that Obama could specifically address issues that pertain to one ethnic group in this country without there being anarchy in the streets.

It is as simple as this:

Obama being elected was a historic event based on the history of blacks in this country.

The fact is that his policies and belief system more closely mirror the working class and struggling citizens of this country

Well over 90% of blacks vote ONLY on the basis of skin color. Anybody with the IQ of a handball knows it. A huge majority of blacks are raised in families where there is a culture of "hate whitey".......not at all the reality of the statist media. The GOP shouldnt waste a single dollar trying to court a single black vote

For the record, my IQ has tested over 160 and unless you can show data for your statement in RED I'll consider it to be anally extracted.

For the record, I vote based on my perception of the candidates' competence and capability, what they SAY they would do if elected, and the degree to which I believe what they SAY they would do if elected.

Please note that I did NOT mention race or party affiliation in my criteria.

For the Republican Party to ignore black voters, Hispanic voters, women voters, and young voters is like basically waging a campaign with one arm tied behind their backs. This is actually WORSE than Romney's 47% statement. It's basically saying, "here are several large groups of voters that we'll just hand over to the Democrats and hope that maybe they just won't show up on election day". Hope is NOT a strategy.

The Democrats are also playing an equally dangerous game. They in some cases take these votes for granted. If the right Republican candidate came forward with a message of inclusion and moderation, the Democrats would find themselves under the wheels of the wagon as a large part of their base jumped off.

Last edited:

For the record, my IQ has tested over 160 and unless you can show data for your statement in RED I'll consider it to be anally extracted.

For the record, I vote based on my perception of the candidates' competence and capability, what they SAY they would do if elected, and the degree to which I believe what they SAY they would do if elected.

Please note that I did NOT mention race or party affiliation in my criteria.

For the Republican Party to ignore black voters, Hispanic voters, women voters, and young voters is like basically waging a campaign with one arm tied behind their backs. This is actually WORSE than Romney's 47% statement. It's basically saying, "here are several large groups of voters that we'll just hand over to the Democrats and hope that maybe they just won't show up on election day". Hope is NOT a strategy.

The Democrats are also playing an equally dangerous game. They in some cases take these votes for granted. If the right Republican candidate came forward with a message of inclusion and moderation, the Democrats would find themselves under the wheels of the wagon as a large part of their base jumped off.
Could be true, because many blacks & latino's don't really like alot of the things that this President stands for openly, and this I have to believe, but they feel right now that it was the better choice for the few issues that they stood for, in which they cling to untill something else comes along that is better or talks better to them.

Yes, if the repubs were to mix together a strategy to win back people as Americans built on morality, decency, compassion, jobs, and big time inclusiveness for all who buy into these things in America, YES the dems could easily find themselves caught under the wheel of the wagon without a doubt.

I think the repubs have such a platform still possible within them, but are simply weak in getting their message out, and then weak in whom they pick to get their message out. Here is a good example in which I will give on what happens with these guy's sometimes, where as at the company I work for, they had a gathering of some sort at a building on site prior to the election. There were many vehicles at this building in which brought about curiosity on my part as I road by it that day. So I asked what it was that was going on at the buidling, and I asked this to one of my bosses, when next he said Oh they are over there meeting for the election or something. Well I thought immediately to myself when he said this " OH so they meet with each other like that, and only at a certain level eh, therefore leaving people like me and my co-workers out of such meetings, and somehow they think that they will win the election ?

You are right, until they understand that they must be inclusive, instead of surrounding themselves with the clique/certain people, they will never again win in the general election for President. I really do believe this, and this is or was the reality of the situation I'm afraid on the ground, but even so I did vote on principles still, but that is all I voted on in which wasn't enough.

Forum List

Back