Do black people realize that it was an insult to Barack Obama

Your OP is flawed.

His syntax and grammar are flawed as well. That was incredibly difficult to read.

Yeah, but I don't take issue with that. I'm involved in a number of newsgroups where people posting have a first language other than English. I make it a point not to criticize people's command of the English language when so many of us who criticize can ONLY speak English.

Blacks vote for blacks.

It's a fact of life. :cool:

If that were true, Michael Steele and Alan Keyes would have been Maryland Senators. In fact, Steele's white opponent got 74% of the black vote, and Steele got 50% of the white vote. You're an idiot.

CNN.com - Elections 2006
Maybe not so much an idiot when it comes to the Presidential election, because blacks have broken open and into the lower races a long time ago, and so these races are generally more focused on the bread and butter issues in these areas for many, and it cuts across the lines for many in the states and DC elected positions in which are appointed afterwards, but this Presidential election was different, and the rhetoric leading up to it was different, and the players were different also. Patterns could be seen and people were opening their mouths in ways that they never had before over it.

Beagle9,

Your original post STARTED with the words....

Do you realize that it was an insult to Barack Obama...so let's start there. Who are you to determine what should or should not insult Barack Obama? <Still waiting for your response to my Clinton Bush question >

I meant to say, but to late to change it now, "Do you realize that it may have been an insult to Barack Obama", so work with that premise if you will.. It is a much better wording, but like I said it is to late to change it now, so onward we all go. Oh and who are you to tell me what I should or should not detemin in a thread or question asked ? Like I said Clinton and the others aren't black, and therefore they cannot fit into this premise or question that I have posed here. It is unique to the situation and you know it.

You then go on to ASSUME that black people who voted for him ONLY voted for him because he is black. How would you know? Who told you this? (please don't quote some far-right whack-job....and I say that in fairness because there are a lot of far left whack jobs that I have no use for, too).

I already told you where I witnessed this from "TV and the news shows where they were out doing surveys prior to the election, and asking many people who they were going to vote for, just like the last election when they did the same, but I was reffering to the last election and wondering if it went on in this election also? It became obvious that there was a pattern seen in all of this, but maybe I was just delusional or naieve when watching this take place.

So, if your first premise, that President Obama is NOT embarrassed (again....how would YOU know? talk to him lately?) and your second premise in unprovable, then your initial premise is about as viable as an icicle in hell.

Ummm, I am having a hard time making sense of your last statement here or what it is inferring actually, or rather I think I know what you are trying to say, in that it is unprovable no matter what the people think, so why even go there right ? Oh well you know how enquring minds are here, we all just want to make sense of it all, so tell us what we want to know, and tell us now dog-gone-it. LOL

OK....I understand you a bit better, so I will cool the jets a little...

I will still point out that if you truly believe this

beagle9 said:
I will stick to what Martin Luther King said in regards to this nations troubles surrounding the content of ones character always overriding ones skin color (in which one day he longed for in this nation), and I will believe this unto the day that I die... No one can argue this premise, no matter how long they try to argue it, because Martin Luther King was spot on when he said this, and it should stand for all Americans in this nation to this very day.

then this whole thread would not even be a question in your mind. And thus the Clinton / Bush question.....that was an election balanced almost completely on the content of two men's character. So why did Clinton (who's character was impinged from the beginning - Whitewater) win?

Last edited:
Beagle9,

Your original post STARTED with the words....

Do you realize that it was an insult to Barack Obama...so let's start there. Who are you to determine what should or should not insult Barack Obama? <Still waiting for your response to my Clinton Bush question >

I meant to say, but to late to change it now, "Do you realize that it may have been an insult to Barack Obama", so work with that premise if you will.. It is a much better wording, but like I said it is to late to change it now, so onward we all go. Oh and who are you to tell me what I should or should not detemin in a thread or question asked ? Like I said Clinton and the others aren't black, and therefore they cannot fit into this premise or question that I have posed here. It is unique to the situation and you know it.

I already told you where I witnessed this from "TV and the news shows where they were out doing surveys prior to the election, and asking many people who they were going to vote for, just like the last election when they did the same, but I was reffering to the last election and wondering if it went on in this election also? It became obvious that there was a pattern seen in all of this, but maybe I was just delusional or naieve when watching this take place.

Ummm, I am having a hard time making sense of your last statement here or what it is inferring actually, or rather I think I know what you are trying to say, in that it is unprovable no matter what the people think, so why even go there right ? Oh well you know how enquring minds are here, we all just want to make sense of it all, so tell us what we want to know, and tell us now dog-gone-it. LOL

OK....I understand you a bit better, so I will cool the jets a little...

I will still point out that if you truly believe this

beagle9 said:
I will stick to what Martin Luther King said in regards to this nations troubles surrounding the content of ones character always overriding ones skin color (in which one day he longed for in this nation), and I will believe this unto the day that I die... No one can argue this premise, no matter how long they try to argue it, because Martin Luther King was spot on when he said this, and it should stand for all Americans in this nation to this very day.

then this whole thread would not even be a question in your mind. And thus the Clinton / Bush question.....that was an election balanced almost completely on the content of two men's character. So why did Clinton (who's character was impinged from the beginning - Whitewater) win?
I believe it, but what happened ?

Oh I guess that is still yet to be seen, but we got a good preview of it the first 4 years, and wow...

Still not unique (Clinton and others) to the elections and this President..

Your OP is flawed.

His syntax and grammar are flawed as well. That was incredibly difficult to read.

Yeah, but I don't take issue with that. I'm involved in a number of newsgroups where people posting have a first language other than English. I make it a point not to criticize people's command of the English language when so many of us who criticize can ONLY speak English.

This doesn't appear to be from a person struggling with the language. Verb tenses are correct, spelling is reasonable as I remember, but the sentence structure is awkward. Using the same words several times in a paragraph is clumsy. It makes your reader wonder if he's lost his place.

I just found it difficult to read

Your OP is flawed.

Hey I'm not perect no, but anyone with half a brain can figure out the OP easily...

I'm more than capable of figuring out what you said. The question is, do I want to bother? I believe it was your post (7:27 PM CST)previous to this one I am quoting where you went on about 100 words before you gave us a period. Reread that sentence, the one that begins,
Maybe not so much an idiot when it
and ask yourself if it feels clumsy to you. If it does, imagine what those of us unable to climb inside your head feel when they read it.
I'm getting the impression that what you have to say is worth reading. I tend to agree with your premise, but Damn!

This doesn't appear to be from a person struggling with the language. Verb tenses are correct, spelling is reasonable as I remember, but the sentence structure is awkward. Using the same words several times in a paragraph is clumsy. It makes your reader wonder if he's lost his place.

I just found it difficult to read
Sorry...

Hey I'm not perect no, but anyone with half a brain can figure out the OP easily...

I'm more than capable of figuring out what you said. The question is, do I want to bother? I believe it was your post (7:27 PM CST)previous to this one I am quoting where you went on about 100 words before you gave us a period. Reread that sentence, the one that begins,
and ask yourself if it feels clumsy to you. If it does, imagine what those of us unable to climb inside your head feel when they read it.
I'm getting the impression that what you have to say is worth reading. I tend to agree with your premise, but Damn!
I know...LOL... I'm trying as best I can so I hope you will forgive me..

I know...LOL... I'm trying as best I can so I hope you will forgive me..

I'm not angry. I'm frustrated. You have posted something worth my while to read. The cumbersome sentence structure makes understanding you a lot more difficult than it should be.

I know. Getting your thought stream written down so you can share it is the object.
All I can ask is that before you click "send", you read what you've put down. If it feels at all clumsy to you, it will seem more so to others.

Obama won in 2008 because he was black.

He won in 2012 because he was the better candidate. :cool:

President Obama won the 2008 election because:

• He revolutionized the use of electronic media and a strong ground campaign to excite young voters and turn them out at the polls in unprecedented numbers
  • He revolutionized the use of electronic media to raise funds at an amazing level, $5 at a time
  • Even though VP candidates rarely impact the Presidential Race, people saw through Sarah Palin as the incompetent non-finisher she eventually proved herself to be. (who resigns from a Governor's position to launch a campaign and then not run?)
[/QUOTE]Palin had zip to due with McCain's defeat.

McCain had voted in lock step with Bush 90+ of the time on various issues.

After 8 years people were sick of Bush and weren't going to vote for a Bush clone.

Obama had 2 things going for him.

1) He wasn't Bush

2) He was black

Having Miss "I shoot moose from a helicopter and watch Russia from my porch" 2nd in command to potentially the oldest elected president concerned more than a few people.

I like to hunt; so shooting from a helicopter is no big deal; and Russia is practically in her back yard.

That being said, people cast their vote for the presidential candidate, and basically ignore the v.p. on the ballot.

The idiot savant Biden is a perfect example of this truism. :cool:

The idiot savant Biden is a perfect example of this truism. :cool:

Very good point. I don't for a second believe that Biden is not intelligent, but this is the overwhelming perception. I'd say the same for Dan Quayle. Neither is an idiot, but the public has been painted a picture that says they are.

Dan Quayle was a fairly intelligent person.

Biden.......not so much.

Except to have an older white guy on the ticket during 2008

Biden brought nothing to the table.......... :cool:

Blacks vote for blacks.

It's a fact of life. :cool:

No matter what? Does it matter if you think he's qualified or not?

Caroljo,

Speaking as a black man who has voted for candidates who are black, white, Hispanic, Asian, female, and Native American in various local, state and national elections, qualifications count a lot more than race. I can also say that is pretty much true of most of the people I associate with.

The original post would only be true in an environment where people delegate the requirement to think. That is more insulting to an entire group of people than the OP apparently believes his ridiculous premise is an insult to President Obama.

Again, to answer your question. Qualifications are more important than skin color. In fact SOMETIMES qualifications are even more important than party affiliation.

Thank you for your answer....
I wonder why Sunni couldn't answer that? I think the majority of people, no matter the color, actually want what is good for the country and skin color wouldn't matter. But i've actually heard people say they voted for Obama because he's black. I've heard others say they didn't vote for him because he's black. Sunni states blacks vote for blacks, like he's speaking for everyone! It shouldn't matter what color a person is, but it does for some people and there's nothing we can do to change that. I didn't vote for Obama because he think he stinks as president....it has NOTHING to do with anything but not agreeing with how he's running things.

I think qualifications are the most important thing. I don't call myself a "republican" but i am quite conservative....if i think someone is the most qualified, it doesn't matter what party they belong to.

to say that he was or should be elected by them, on the basis of his skin color, and that of it being an historic moment/event if he was elected based upon his skin color (i.e. becoming the first Black President in the USA)?

Think about this for a moment.... Barack saw himself winning that first election personally I'm thinking, as to be based upon his education and that of him being an American, and it never being based upon his skin color or should have been to the American voter reagrdless of his skin color, otherwise to be based upon him being a black man in life in order that he should get the job. He accepted this blackman thing in which was placed upon him, but what does it make him think really of the people who saw it all in this way, and voted for him in this way ? Does he see them as being smart or that of being naieve and ignorant in life in America, because a President should always be hired based upon his education and record in life, in which qualifies him or her for the job, and never should it be based upon the color of ones skin in life.

Somehow this nation must get beyond this skin color thing in life, because as Martin Luther King once said, it is and never should be about color in America as we are all going into the future, but instead about character, so why did the people run around yelling to the roof tops about color in that 1st election, and what did color mean to them if the election in their mind was won on the premise of color and not that of character, and this I mean if it is found to be lacking there of once a person is looked at for their character found within their job, and not looked at because of their skin color ?

Electing the first Black President IS the first step in getting over this whole thing.
If Hillary had been elected, we would be getting over the gender thing.

Someone has to be the first, to be used as target practice for all the rhetoric and adjustment, and then later on, it won't be as big a deal, people will be more clearly judged for their politics.

In this election, there were many conservative Blacks who totally disagreed but still voted for Obama on the basis of race. Maybe in the future, that won't be the case, but people have to get used to the Barack Obama's, Condi Rice's and Herman Cain's and eventually look at what they are about, not just what they represent to them in terms of black people rising to power.

These last two elections were some of the first that many poor blacks ever bothered to go vote in. So all that is a new process, and will take time for them to learn not to depend on party or govt to "do things for you." Right now, many of them are dependent, so that is the reality of where they are starting on the learning curve of social and economic development.

I am not trying to be unfair or "racist." I live, volunteer and work two jobs to support a Freed Slave historic district of churches, where I planned to promote a campus program to break the cycle of poverty and teach low-income vets and church members to become self-sustaining financially by teaching property and business management through mentorships.
The team is lead by a sociologist who understands the economic gap that needs to be bridged before there can be equality among all groups, so this is just reality. The lower socioeconomic classes are not just black or latino, but also women and veterans left out of the loop without resources to support them, so they too easily end up on welfare rolls.

We need to set up educational/training systems that accommodate people behind on the learning curve toward social and economic independence WITHOUT taxing people just for making more money, but perhaps charging the costs to those who commit crimes or corruption at taxpayers expense and owe RESTITUTION into the system. So there is a way to pay for this without being unfair, without enabling the poor or punishing the rich; but holding each person accountable for paying back costs they incur to society so it's fair.

Forum List

Back