Do black people realize that it was an insult to Barack Obama

No matter what? Does it matter if you think he's qualified or not?

Caroljo,

Speaking as a black man who has voted for candidates who are black, white, Hispanic, Asian, female, and Native American in various local, state and national elections, qualifications count a lot more than race. I can also say that is pretty much true of most of the people I associate with.

The original post would only be true in an environment where people delegate the requirement to think. That is more insulting to an entire group of people than the OP apparently believes his ridiculous premise is an insult to President Obama.

Again, to answer your question. Qualifications are more important than skin color. In fact SOMETIMES qualifications are even more important than party affiliation.
Your words, well they are my premise and/or explains it, so what is it that you don't like about my presentation, because it is to be interpreted exactly upon what you have spoken of it here? Maybe I worded it in a confusing way or something, or is it that people are having a hard time understanding what they may have done in this manor, especially if it turns out that they were wrong for doing so on down the line.

Short, sweet and to the point.....

Your original post implies that MOST blacks only voted for President Obama because he is black and implies that they (we) cannot think for ourselves. That is stupid and offensive.

A better question would be..."Did Democrats only vote for President Obama because he's a Democrat?" "Did Republicans only vote for Sen. McCain because he's Republican (and had a hot running mate)??

So much for SHORT, I guess......sorry.

Obama had less support from everyone this time around, and that includes African Americans. However, what baffles me is the notion that Obama got insane levels of support from black voters. African Americans vote democratic, they've voted over 90% for a candidate before, and no that candidate wasn't black.

Seriously, get over it already.
Oh so you think that the issue's remain the same every time an election rolls around ? I mean you make the claim or excuse that blacks vote democratic most always, but why is that if they are voting on the canidate that best suits the issues of the times (regardless of party) and for whom has the best solutions for those issues each election when they say they have the answers ? Did you just fall into your own enslaved democrat trap ?

Last edited:
Obama won in 2008 because he was black.

He won in 2012 because he was the better candidate. :cool:
Now we are getting somewhere, so what is it that you think he offered that was better than the republican canidate was offering the nation ?

Obama had less support from everyone this time around, and that includes African Americans. However, what baffles me is the notion that Obama got insane levels of support from black voters. African Americans vote democratic, they've voted over 90% for a candidate before, and no that candidate wasn't black.

Oh so you think that the issue's remain the same every time an election rolls around ? I mean you make the claim or excuse that blacks vote democratic most always, but why is that if they are voting on the canidate that best suits the issues of the times (regardless of party) and has the best solutions for those issues each election when they say they have ? Did you just fall into your own enslaved trap ?

Why are you singling out black voters? They didn't DO anything special this election. There are other demographics that vote exclusively party lines.

Voting for the person with an R or a D behind their name, isnt a "black thing".

Sheesh, you get more ignorant by the post.

to say that he was or should be elected by them, on the basis of his skin color, and that of it being an historic moment/event if he was elected based upon his skin color (i.e. becoming the first Black President in the USA)?

Wow! Your obsession is out of control. You assume that individual blacks voted for Obama because he is black and not because he was the best candidate that represented their interests. Thats a BIG assumption when you consider that black presidential candidates of the past enjoyed no such loyalty by their fellow black Americans. Ask Jesse Jackson or Shirley Chisolm about that black loyalty. Its really amazing how those two recent examples managed to escape your shallow research; that is, providing you did any at all!

Think about this for a moment.... Barack saw himself winning that first election personally I'm thinking, as to be based upon his education and that of him being an American, and it never being based upon his skin color or should have been to the American voter reagrdless of his skin color,

I have thought about it and this is MY conclusion: If Obama would have been ALL white instead of half, he would have won by an even larger margin. His darker skin was a liability, not an asset...heh heh heh!

otherwise to be based upon him being a black man in life in order that he should get the job. He accepted this blackman thing in which was placed upon him, but what does it make him think really of the people who saw it all in this way, and voted for him in this way ? Does he see them as being smart or that of being naieve and ignorant in life in America, because a President should always be hired based upon his education and record in life, in which qualifies him or her for the job, and never should it be based upon the color of ones skin in life.

More sick rhetoric from a loser! It is you "conservatives" who seem to have problem with race and color. After all, the Dems nominated a mulatto for president and won. You Repubs never dreamed of doing anything so radically delicious!

Somehow this nation must get beyond this skin color thing in life,

Damn it man, wake up and look around you! The majority of Americans HAVE gotten past race and color. Its you repugnicants and "conservatives" who are stuck in a time bubble where rich white males refused to share power and wealth with the rest of us. Those days are gone... welcome to the new diverse America.

because as Martin Luther King once said, it is and never should be about color in America as we are all going into the future, but instead about character, so why did the people run around yelling to the roof tops about color in that 1st election, and what did color mean to them if the election in their mind was won on the premise of color and not that of character, and this I mean if it is found to be lacking there of once a person is looked at for their character found within their job, and not looked at because of their skin color ?

With only two choices, there isn't much wiggle room when it comes to presidential elections. Obama carried majorities among white women, Hispanics and Blacks because he was the clear choice vs Romney. I suspect that had Herman Caine won the Republican nomination the results would have been the same. The exception being that more whites would have voted for Obama vs Caine.

Now we are getting somewhere, so what is it that you think he offered that was better than the republican canidate was offering the nation ?
Obama didn't offer anything better than Romney.

But Romney was a weak liberal RINO posing as a conservative Republican and people knew it. :cool:

Oh so you think that the issue's remain the same every time an election rolls around ? I mean you make the claim or excuse that blacks vote democratic most always, but why is that if they are voting on the canidate that best suits the issues of the times (regardless of party) and has the best solutions for those issues each election when they say they have ? Did you just fall into your own enslaved trap ?

Actually the part in bold is largely incoherent, but I think I get the gist of it.....

A lot of the reason blacks vote largely Democratic (Hispanics and young voters, too so you may want to dig into those demographics and focus less on blacks) is that the Republican Party seems to go out of its way to insult anyone (including large blocs of voters) who don't think like them. There are DOCUMENTED cases of Republicans trying to suppress voting in minority districts. There are active campaigns like the infamous Willie Horton ads by President George Bush (the senior) that attempt to paint blacks in a negative light and simultaneously scare white voters into voting Republicans. Even in this last campaign, I personally know of at least two households in largely black districts that received Robocalls reminding them to vote on Wednesday Nov. 6th. Really? There's the Arizona immigration laws, there's the repudiation of the DREAM Act. The Republican Party appears to be trying hard to piss off the minority voting bloc. Problem was, enough NON-MINORITY voters slipped over to President Obama's side to combine with the minorities that the Republicans shoved over that way to seal the victory.

When the Republican Party decides it's worth investing in a more inclusive, or really, just a less divisive message, you will see less allegiance from minorities to the Democratic Party. For a lot of minorities, it really works out to a lesser of two evils. M, personally, I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican. I find fault with both parties. But I do find that more often than not that it is the Republican Party, especially the Tea Party element, that openly insults me and my intelligence.

Caroljo,

Speaking as a black man who has voted for candidates who are black, white, Hispanic, Asian, female, and Native American in various local, state and national elections, qualifications count a lot more than race. I can also say that is pretty much true of most of the people I associate with.

The original post would only be true in an environment where people delegate the requirement to think. That is more insulting to an entire group of people than the OP apparently believes his ridiculous premise is an insult to President Obama.

Again, to answer your question. Qualifications are more important than skin color. In fact SOMETIMES qualifications are even more important than party affiliation.
Your words, well they are my premise and/or explains it, so what is it that you don't like about my presentation, because it is to be interpreted exactly upon what you have spoken of it here? Maybe I worded it in a confusing way or something, or is it that people are having a hard time understanding what they may have done in this manor, especially if it turns out that they were wrong for doing so on down the line.

Your original post implies that MOST blacks only voted for President Obama because he is black and implies that they (we) cannot think for ourselves. That is stupid and offensive.

A better question would be..."Did Democrats only vote for President Obama because he's a Democrat?" "Did Republicans only vote for Sen. McCain because he's Republican (and had a hot running mate)??

If they (in large or huge numbers) did this in which I am asking and not implying as you say, where as when asked on the street who people were voting for, and I saw a majority of blacks saying Obama again (was it based on him being black still or not), and if so then you are right, it was stupid and offensive in regards to the entire process of electing someone to office or hiring a person for service (imho). The thing is, is that the nation should always explore these things, and find out what happens in them, because this nation is made up of all races who are American, and we all should be represented equally as Americans, and not based upon color or gender ever to be involved in these elections, but have we been having a problem with this, and is it growing in this nation this problem of special interest winning out over the nations best interest for all anymore ?

President Obama won the 2008 election because:

• He revolutionized the use of electronic media and a strong ground campaign to excite young voters and turn them out at the polls in unprecedented numbers
  • He revolutionized the use of electronic media to raise funds at an amazing level, $5 at a time
  • Even though VP candidates rarely impact the Presidential Race, people saw through Sarah Palin as the incompetent non-finisher she eventually proved herself to be. (who resigns from a Governor's position to launch a campaign and then not run?)

Last edited:

Actually the part in bold is largely incoherent, but I think I get the gist of it.....

A lot of the reason blacks vote largely Democratic (Hispanics and young voters, too so you may want to dig into those demographics and focus less on blacks) is that the Republican Party seems to go out of its way to insult anyone (including large blocs of voters) who don't think like them. There are DOCUMENTED cases of Republicans trying to suppress voting in minority districts. There are active campaigns like the infamous Willie Horton ads by President George Bush (the senior) that attempt to paint blacks in a negative light and simultaneously scare white voters into voting Republicans. Even in this last campaign, I personally know of at least two households in largely black districts that received Robocalls reminding them to vote on Wednesday Nov. 6th. Really? There's the Arizona immigration laws, there's the repudiation of the DREAM Act. The Republican Party appears to be trying hard to piss off the minority voting bloc. Problem was, enough NON-MINORITY voters slipped over to President Obama's side to combine with the minorities that the Republicans shoved over that way to seal the victory.

When the Republican Party decides it's worth investing in a more inclusive, or really, just a less divisive message, you will see less allegiance from minorities to the Democratic Party. For a lot of minorities, it really works out to a lesser of two evils. M, personally, I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican. I find fault with both parties. But I do find that more often than not that it is the Republican Party, especially the Tea Party element, that openly insults me and my intelligence.
Good response here, and you make some very good points on where you stand, and why these points should be adressed and considered always by a party or canidate running.

Ok, now do the repubs have concerns on the way things have been going in society, you know like gangs out of control (gangland the series), public school shootings, degredation issues in society, the dumming down of society, attack on marriage issues, abortion issues, security issues, trade issues and on and on it all goes, or are they just a bunch of racist still looking to rid America of all blacks and/or brown skins eventually ?

If they (in large or huge numbers) did this in which I am asking and not implying as you say, where as when asked on the street who people were voting for, and I saw a majority of blacks saying Obama again (was it based on him being black still or not), and if so then you are right, it was stupid and offensive in regards to the entire process of electing someone to office or hiring a person for service (imho). The thing is, is that the nation should always explore these things, and find out what happens in them, because this nation is made up of all races who are American, and we all should be represented equally as Americans, and not based upon color or gender ever to be involved in these elections, but have we been having a problem with this, and is it growing in this nation this problem of special interest winning out over the nations best interest for all anymore ?

See, this is AGAIN evidence of how ridiculous your original premise is. Is the need to ask people whether race played a role in their vote for president only an issue if the person being asked is of the same race as the person they voted for? Should we have asked every white person who voted for Nixon whether or not it was because he was white? Better yet, why wouldn't you ask the 36% of white voters who voted for President Obama why they did not vote for Gov. Romney, especially since he is white like them?

What questions would you have asked of whom when Bill Clinton prevented George Herbert Walker Bush from achieving re-election? VERY patiently awaiting your response to this.

• He revolutionized the use of electronic media and a strong ground campaign to excite young voters and turn them out at the polls in unprecedented numbers
  • He revolutionized the use of electronic media to raise funds at an amazing level, $5 at a time
  • Even though VP candidates rarely impact the Presidential Race, people saw through Sarah Palin as the incompetent non-finisher she eventually proved herself to be. (who resigns from a Governor's position to launch a campaign and then not run?)
Yes he did all this, but who was his most targetted audience, and what did he think of them afterwards ?

If he knew that they would vote for him because he was black, did he think of them as foolish afterwards, especially if he knew that he was more than just a color of skin, but rather a real contender on that stage instead ? You see how rediculous this color thing can get in this nation really ?

It's not right to be motivated by color ever, but instead to be motivated by the character of a person, the qualifications of a person, the goals of a person in regards for all Americans, and if they did this or it was their reasoning for voting for him, then they have done well in this regard, and this in order to sleep at night afterwards, but if it was for other reasons (one being as crazy as the concerning of ones color in life), then they have failed themselves in that regard (imho).

Palin had zip to due with McCain's defeat.

McCain had voted in lock step with Bush 90+ of the time on various issues.

After 8 years people were sick of Bush and weren't going to vote for a Bush clone.

Obama had 2 things going for him.

1) He wasn't Bush

2) He was black

See, this is AGAIN evidence of how ridiculous your original premise is. Is the need to ask people whether race played a role in their vote for president only an issue if the person being asked is of the same race as the person they voted for? Should we have asked every white person who voted for Nixon whether or not it was because he was white? Better yet, why wouldn't you ask the 36% of white voters who voted for President Obama why they did not vote for Gov. Romney, especially since he is white like them?

What questions would you have asked of whom when Bill Clinton prevented George Herbert Walker Bush from achieving re-election? VERY patiently awaiting your response to this.
The premise that I am reffering to is very unique to this President elect, so why try and confuse in this way ?

I will stick to what Martin Luther King said in regards to this nations troubles surrounding the content of ones character always overriding ones skin color (in which one day he longed for in this nation), and I will believe this unto the day that I die... No one can argue this premise, no matter how long they try to argue it, because Martin Luther King was spot on when he said this, and it should stand for all Americans in this nation to this very day.

Palin had zip to due with McCain's defeat.

McCain had voted in lock step with Bush 90+ of the time on various issues.

After 8 years people were sick of Bush and weren't going to vote for a Bush clone.

Obama had 2 things going for him.

1) He wasn't Bush

2) He was black

The black part probably cost him votes.

More so second time around.

Beagle9,

Your original post STARTED with the words....

Do you realize that it was an insult to Barack Obama...so let's start there. Who are you to determine what should or should not insult Barack Obama? <Still waiting for your response to my Clinton Bush question >

You then go on to ASSUME that black people who voted for him ONLY voted for him because he is black. How would you know? Who told you this? (please don't quote some far-right whack-job....and I say that in fairness because there are a lot of far left whack jobs that I have no use for, too).

So, if your first premise, that President Obama is NOT embarrassed (again....how would YOU know? talk to him lately?) and your second premise in unprovable, then your initial premise is about as viable as an icicle in hell.

Beagle9,

Your original post STARTED with the words....

Do you realize that it was an insult to Barack Obama...so let's start there. Who are you to determine what should or should not insult Barack Obama? <Still waiting for your response to my Clinton Bush question >

I meant to say, but to late to change it now, "Do you realize that it may have been an insult to Barack Obama", so work with that premise if you will.. It is a much better wording, but like I said it is to late to change it now, so onward we all go. Oh and who are you to tell me what I should or should not detemin in a thread or question asked ? Like I said Clinton and the others aren't black, and therefore they cannot fit into this premise or question that I have posed here. It is unique to the situation and you know it.

You then go on to ASSUME that black people who voted for him ONLY voted for him because he is black. How would you know? Who told you this? (please don't quote some far-right whack-job....and I say that in fairness because there are a lot of far left whack jobs that I have no use for, too).

I already told you where I witnessed this from "TV and the news shows where they were out doing surveys prior to the election, and asking many people who they were going to vote for, just like the last election when they did the same, but I was reffering to the last election and wondering if it went on in this election also? It became obvious that there was a pattern seen in all of this, but maybe I was just delusional or naieve when watching this take place.

So, if your first premise, that President Obama is NOT embarrassed (again....how would YOU know? talk to him lately?) and your second premise in unprovable, then your initial premise is about as viable as an icicle in hell.

Ummm, I am having a hard time making sense of your last statement here or what it is inferring actually, or rather I think I know what you are trying to say, in that it is unprovable no matter what the people think, so why even go there right ? Oh well you know how enquring minds are here, we all just want to make sense of it all, so tell us what we want to know, and tell us now dog-gone-it. LOL

Last edited:

Forum List

Back