Do atheist obey God?

God requires-FAITH. his word mentions the wicked would require proof.
Faith.jpg

You trying to convert me to Judaism?
It was the Catholic faith that dropped me into the lap of God. In God's presence, the love is overwhelming.

After my own experience I was greatly puzzled. How could the writers of the Old Testament present such a harsh view of God? They didn't, but no one could ever tell that from the Western lens and the perspective presented via the English language.

Holy darkness, blessed night...
Heaven's answers hidden from our sight.
While we await you O God of silence,
We embrace your holy night.

Do atheist obey God?​

For those of you who are atheist I have a question. Would you obey God if He told you to do something? And would you start believing in Him after He spoke to you?

I'm going to answer this for you though I am the farthest thing from an atheist. The answer surprisingly is:

YES.

We all have no choice but to obey God as he wills us within our limited personal freedom because he is the river through which all the leaves of humanity flow; while some of us are ready to be carried faster downstream than others, some need more time to sort things out and need time spinning around stuck in a side tributary or pool, perhaps gathering more water or to spend a bit of time at the bottom of the pool.

Atheists don't realize it but they merely follow a different aspect of God, an impersonal quality while eschewing the personal aspect of a thinking, living God whom fathers us. As such, they still follow the mandates of their own lord as they see it, their "conscience," but they will never realize him in any personal form in this lifetime as a thinking, loving God.

Perhaps next lifetime.

Would you obey God if He told you to do something? And would you start believing in Him after He spoke to you?
No. I'd assume such a voice was a delusion/hallucination. What would an omnipotent, omniscient god need to speak to me about? Especially when it has a universe to order to its ineffable design.
If it wanted something it would be done, Shirley?

I would seek information from a 'Hearing Voices' society.

Last edited:
I'm going to answer this for you though I am the farthest thing from an atheist. The answer surprisingly is:

YES.

We all have no choice but to obey God as he wills us within our limited personal freedom because he is the river through which all the leaves of humanity flow; while some of us are ready to be carried faster downstream than others, some need more time to sort things out and need time spinning around stuck in a side tributary or pool, perhaps gathering more water or to spend a bit of time at the bottom of the pool.

Atheists don't realize it but they merely follow a different aspect of God, an impersonal quality while eschewing the personal aspect of a thinking, living God whom fathers us. As such, they still follow the mandates of their own lord as they see it, their "conscience," but they will never realize him in any personal form in this lifetime as a thinking, loving God.

Perhaps next lifetime.

is that whats found in the desert scriptures - ask a&e their true intent, self determination and the green light given them from the heavens ... and the red lite offered by the desert religions - of servitude. toobfreak.

For those of you who are atheist I have a question. Would you obey God if He told you to do something? And would you start believing in Him after He spoke to you?
I'm not an atheist because IMO there is no proof that any gods exist or not.

But I have always held the opinion that it doesn't matter if gods exist or not.

I live what I consider to be a good, ethical life while still realizing I could do better. I wouldn't change the way I live even I was given absolute irrefutable proof that gods existed because I don' think any god should have an issue with the way I live other than I refuse to worship any gods.

Why does an omnipotent, omniscient, immortal god have the pathological need to be worshipped by us mere mortals?

Which 'god' you're talking about?
There are many different 'gods'
We Christians believe in our God, we don't know which 'god' shall contact you.
Sincerely, you're a piece of shit for any 'god' except our God, which can forgive you and help to be a better human.
But not him, you shall establish contact at first.
Think about, anyone can suddenly die and it will be too late to make our True God to our Father and Friend

Why would she lie about reading the Bible? I'm an atheist and I have read the Bible three times and plan to read it again. I would say very few Christians have read the Bible cover to cover. If they did then they probably wouldn't be a Christian anymore.

Last edited:
OK. If you say I shall contact him first, you got a phone number or Email address? Praying never seemed to get his attention.
Probably because you were praying to a non existent god. There are no real false gods. it is just satan posing as those gods to get worship.

"Here I am, Lord. Send me."

Why await contact from God; contact Him.

I have told God this many times. Either I am already fulfilling His will or God doesn't exist. I have heard squat from Him. I have had many feelings and one unexplained experience. However that experience cannot be demonstrated as evidence. I am the only person who knows what happened.

The unexplained experience happened when I was about 13. I was in a church service and I was barely participating. A man was singing, "There's a Man in Here". I involuntarily jumped up and said, "Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord". This moment was not life changing or powerful. It was momentarily and fleeting. It gave me no value other than telling the story to others. If this was "God" then I still don't know what He meant by it. I have heard of hypnotist making people cluck like a chicken and stuff like that. It is highly possible that I was unintentionally hypnotized by the man singing. I wasn't the only person in the church responding that way. Keep in mind this was a Baptist Church. This type of worship was not a normal part of our tradition. To this day that moment has done nothing for my life. That does align with the "still small voice" in scripture. It was certainly small and it was not moving as far as impacting my life. I'd consider it to meet the "still" criteria too.

If a god, in the form of jesus or whatever, stood before be and said "Behold, I exist, I am real, I am all powerful. worship me." - I would do my best to kill him/her/it.

If a god, in the form of jesus or whatever, stood before be and said "Behold, I exist, I am real, I am all powerful. worship me." - I would do my best to kill him/her/it.
Wow. And how could you kill a spirit being? Such a lack of intelligence. A nuclear bomb couldnt harm one.

That was Voltaire's view on God. Voltaire did not consider himself an atheist. He considered himself to be an antitheist.

I have told God this many times. Either I am already fulfilling His will or God doesn't exist. I have heard squat from Him. I have had many feelings and one unexplained experience. However that experience cannot be demonstrated as evidence. I am the only person who knows what happened.
You may well be fulfilling His will; it may also be He can work with whatever it is you are doing.

Second, what--exactly--is it you want to hear from Him?

Wow. And how could you kill a spirit being? Such a lack of intelligence. A nuclear bomb couldnt harm one.

You don't read comic books. Do you? There is always a way. It just may be an unique secret. All supervillians/superheroes have a weakness.

You may well be fulfilling His will; it may also be He can work with whatever it is you are doing.

Second, what--exactly--is it you want to hear from Him?

"Hey vasuderatorrent, I exist. I wrote that Bible." or

"Hey vasuderatorrent, I exist. I didn't write that Bible." or

"Hey vasuderatorrent, I exist. How are you doing today?" or

"Hey vasuderatorrent, I exist. Go to the store buy twenty pounds of flour and pour it in your yard."

"Hey vasuderatorrent, I exist. Go sacrifice your first born son to me. I did it. You should too."

I'm not picky. I'll settle for anything.

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
To this day that moment has done nothing for my life. That does align with the "still small voice" in scripture.
Because a 13-year-old voice is small and still by definition, even though I was not at that service, across time and space, that still, small voice is still resounding.

Forum List

Back