Do any USMB Republicans even own stocks? Doubtful.

deanrd

Gold Member
May 8, 2017
https://seekingalpha.com/article/193014-the-haves-and-have-nots-of-the-stock-market

The 75% rise in the stock market from its lows a year ago is ceaselessly offered as "proof" the economy is recovering. Too bad very few Americans are drawing any benefit from this stupendous rise.

Great Middle Class owns at best only 7% of all stocks and mutual funds.

saupload_wealth_distribution_usa.png

The stock market isn't about building middle class wealth, and the middle class seems to have finally figured that out. The equity market is all about concentrating wealth and managing perception - if the top 10% is doing well, then the bottom 90% are supposed to feel better about the whole thing, too, even if they are poorer by every financial metric.

----------------------------------------------------

Republicans so excited that Trump is creating all these new jobs. That we need to cut taxes on the wealthy so they can create more jobs. There are 6 million jobs available now going unfilled. How many more jobs do we need?

I think we need more employees, not more jobs.

Why can't Trump's base understand this?

You are a moron.

Virtually ALL middle-class, working or retired Americans own stock, and even the most conservative portfolios are doing great since last November when...what was it that happened? I forget. We own stock principally through our IRA's and 401k's. Financial advisors who sit out the stock market are doing a great disservice to their clients.

Even so, The Donald is not making a big deal out of the stock market rise; he focuses on new jobs created and major investments in the country by both foreign and domestic companies. Stocks are pretend assets that can't be relied upon entirely, but still...

There is a word for people who fret about how the "1%" are doing. The word is "Loser." Just because you are too stupid or poor to own stock you think there is something sinister about "rich people" owning gobs of it. They are not taking anything from you, nor is their investment a drain on your own potential gains.

Did I mention, you are a moron?

https://seekingalpha.com/article/193014-the-haves-and-have-nots-of-the-stock-market

The 75% rise in the stock market from its lows a year ago is ceaselessly offered as "proof" the economy is recovering. Too bad very few Americans are drawing any benefit from this stupendous rise.

The stock market isn't about building middle class wealth, and the middle class seems to have finally figured that out. The equity market is all about concentrating wealth and managing perception - if the top 10% is doing well, then the bottom 90% are supposed to feel better about the whole thing, too, even if they are poorer by every financial metric.

Republicans so excited that Trump is creating all these new jobs. That we need to cut taxes on the wealthy so they can create more jobs. There are 6 million jobs available now going unfilled. How many more jobs do we need?

Why dont you come right out and say it......
You dont own any stocks.

Yes. Tons. Do you have any questions?

Whatever the facts about stock distribution, it costs money to invest in stocks, because it has to be money you can afford to lose. Richer you are, the more money you can afford to lose. One of the complaints of the Obama economy was a Middle Class with increasingly little disposable income. Rich people own successful companies. Successful companies hire workers. Good economies raise competition and salaries. I wouldn't want my employer to be doing poorly.

Are you saying we have all the jobs we need? That is an extraordinary claim, the likes of which I've never heard in my life! More jobs than people to fill them is the most desirable labor environment a worker could hope for!!!

You dont own any stocks.
That was probably true after the great depression in 1929. It will take a while for people to trust the market, Probably right about the time it will crash again. There is an old saying, If the checkout person at your local grocery store is taking about her stock portfolio, its time to sell. Unfortunately I found that to be true in our last recession!

You dont own any stocks.
That was probably true after the great depression in 1929. It will take a while for people to trust the market, Probably right about the time it will crash again. There is an old saying, If the checkout person at your local grocery store is taking about her stock portfolio, its time to sell. Unfortunately I found that to be true in our last recession!

Okay...not sure where you're trying to go here but the wife and I have killed it over the last twenty eight years.

I pay more attention to who's in office. Trump was a wildcard and he paid off handsomely for the wife and I to the tune of six dollar bank shares that are now twenty two bucks a share.

And Bush two also helped us gain.

Are you saying we have all the jobs we need? That is an extraordinary claim, the likes of which I've never heard in my life! More jobs than people to fill them is the most desirable labor environment a worker could hope for!!!

If thats not the case why are we importing millions of workers from Mexico?

New Topics

Forum List

Back