Do all of the Gazan Palestinians actually support Hamas?

I have 100 bucks on it that hamas support in gaza soared after the israeli bombings.

You on?
As I said in the end its decreased since their elections(43. 1%) but its not a static value, I don't consider them rational to elect Hamas in the first place but I'm in, if you find any source I would be glad to read it.
What is your perspective as a Palestinian in Gaza? Would you support Hamas during 2006 or now?

My perspective is this;

This is not the only conflict in the mideast area, let alone the world. Bombing the shit out of someone usually gives you the opposite of what you want. Lets say at least 1000 civilians dead. Their immediate family would count up to 100.000. You should expect immediate increase to thier militancy. Than there is distant relatives, neighbours... I mean by bombing them, you just simply made them more pissed. If they are not supporting hamas now, they would be supporting something worse than hamas.

If you expect people lose militancy by bombing the shit out of them, you have no idea how human brain works...
You're correct...
We must all submit to beheading right now.

I have 100 bucks on it that hamas support in gaza soared after the israeli bombings.

You on?
As I said in the end its decreased since their elections(43. 1%) but its not a static value, I don't consider them rational to elect Hamas in the first place but I'm in, if you find any source I would be glad to read it.
What is your perspective as a Palestinian in Gaza? Would you support Hamas during 2006 or now?

My perspective is this;

This is not the only conflict in the mideast area, let alone the world. Bombing the shit out of someone usually gives you the opposite of what you want. Lets say at least 1000 civilians dead. Their immediate family would count up to 100.000. You should expect immediate increase to thier militancy. Than there is distant relatives, neighbours... I mean by bombing them, you just simply made them more pissed. If they are not supporting hamas now, they would be supporting something worse than hamas.

If you expect people lose militancy by bombing the shit out of them, you have no idea how human brain works...
You're correct...
We must all submit to beheading right now.

What is your suggestion?

Bomb them for 50 days and just expect them to understand what they have been doing wrong?

Thats sooo naive...

Like Japan, Germany and the other examples of bombing the shit outbid someone?

Well, if you can drop a nuke on them, that for sure would do it.

But they havent, have they?
This mean one thing about Hamas, they haven't been hithard ENOUGH.
I don't think you understood my examples, when the US bombed Germany they surrendered, end of the conflict, one side is the decisive winner and luckily not the cruel side, now Germany and US are great allies.
And its not about nuke or death toll, its about proportional reaction, would you accept to be blackmail by Iraq when IS is the elected government? Think about it.

When you fail to ACTIVELY resist something evil you passively support it. Since I have never read a story of ACTIVE resistance to Hamas from inside Gaza, they all support it.

Is this why the Palestinians are shooting rockets from Gaza into Israel? ~ Susan

When you fail to ACTIVELY resist something evil you passively support it. Since I have never read a story of ACTIVE resistance to Hamas from inside Gaza, they all support it.

Is this why the Palestinians are shooting rockets from Gaza into Israel? ~ Susan
Its not the Palestinians(the civilians) , its the terrorist organizations led by Hamas that launching those rockets.

Daniyel, et al,

You are a kind person; I'm sad to say, much kinder than I.

Its not the Palestinians(the civilians) , its the terrorist organizations led by Hamas that launching those rockets.
(COMMENT)

Maybe I look at this too clinically.
  • But who make-up the members of HAMAS, the Izz ad-din al-Qassam Martyrs Brigade, etc?
  • Who voted for HAMAS, and all the baggage terrorist?
  • Who parades, marches and celebrates with HAMAS for every major attack they inflict on Israel?
  • Who paraded, marched and celebrated with HAMAS on their most recent victory over Israel?
  • Who dresses their children up as terrorists, jihadist and fighters for the parades and marches?
  • Who sends their children to Jihadist summer camp?
  • Who are all these people:
  • 1319860415-military-parade-honors-release-of-hamas-prisoners--gaza-strip_900442.jpg
  • Military parade honors release of Hamas prisoners - Gaza Strip
--- They are the Hostile Arab Palestinians of the Gaza Strip who:
  • Openly foster a government that is composed of designated terrorist organizations,
  • That organizing, instigating, facilitating, participating in, financing, encouraging or tolerating terrorist activities.
  • That allow the Gaza Strip to be used for terrorist installations or training camps, or for the preparation or organization of terrorist acts intended to be committed against other States or their citizens.
Yes, you are much more understanding than I am.

Most Respectfully,
R

Daniyel, et al,

(COMMENT)

• But who make-up the members of HAMAS, the Izz ad-din al-Qassam Martyrs Brigade, etc?
  • Who parades, marches and celebrates with HAMAS for every major attack they inflict on Israel?
  • Who paraded, marched and celebrated with HAMAS on their most recent victory over Israel?
  • Who dresses their children up as terrorists, jihadist and fighters for the parades and marches?
  • 1319860415-military-parade-honors-release-of-hamas-prisoners--gaza-strip_900442.jpg
  • Openly foster a government that is composed of designated terrorist organizations,
  • That organizing, instigating, facilitating, participating in, financing, encouraging or tolerating terrorist activities.
  • That allow the Gaza Strip to be used for terrorist installations or training camps, or for the preparation or organization of terrorist acts intended to be committed against other States or their citizens.

Most Respectfully,
R
Our debate is about the so called 'simple civilian' who is not taking a part of Hamas actions, @Apline believe its Israel responsibility (ture?) for raising the support in Hamas.
The fact Hamas lying to the population claiming success on terrorist attempts, killing/injuring dozens of Israelis with the rockets, saying 'Iron Dome' doesn't work, and that Israel has no 'target bank' (intelligence) including the victory they claimed on protective edge..well..it does play a major game for gaining popularity.
I know I'm an optimist but southern Gaza citizens find it much more convenient to support Hamas on behalf of the northern Gaza residents, the fact Hamas is suppressing all these pretty much has a major influence over whether people can even state their opinion or not, here is a very interesting report, about a protest and a quarrel between them, and how Hamas deals with it.
Hamas Police Shoot Kill Starving Gazans a Day After Executing Protesters Jewish Israel News Algemeiner.com
Indeed all terrorist organizations have a soaring popularity but it is so hard to analyze whats going on without taking all the details we can possibly get and sum them to a one big statement.
Hundreds of Fatah members under Hamas house arrest in Gaza The Times of Israel

In the end- I repeat - the Gaza civilians achieved nothing but death and wreckage, supporting Hamas? I think that after all what we see the popularity still decreased, no nation in the world support a war government and so does every rational person, it is very obvious that the losers of the unfolding events are the Palestinians, Hamas might be on second place but Israel so far won, no matter how you wish to analyze it.
Report Hamas Losing Palestinian Support in Gaza - Middle East - News - Arutz Sheva

89% of Gaza Residents Support Rocket Attacks on Israel

INN ^

89% of Gazans support indiscriminate rocket fire against Israel civilians, according to a poll released on Wednesday. The survey, conducted by the Palestinian Center for Public Opinion (PCPO), also showed widespread support for UNRWA, the United Nations Relief and Works Agency, which has been fiercely criticized of turning a blind eye to Hamas incitement in its schools in the Gaza Strip, as well as the use of its school buildings to store rockets. Asked about their opinion on the issue of “firing rockets at Israel”, 60.3% “strongly supported” such actions, while a further 28.6% supported it somewhat—for a total of...

2meph20.jpg

Daniyel, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
Our debate is about the so called 'simple civilian' who is not taking a part of Hamas actions, @Apline believe its Israel responsibility (ture?) for raising the support in Hamas.
The fact Hamas lying to the population claiming success on terrorist attempts, killing/injuring dozens of Israelis with the rockets, saying 'Iron Dome' doesn't work, and that Israel has no 'target bank' (intelligence) including the victory they claimed on protective edge..well..it does play a major game for gaining popularity.
I know I'm an optimist but southern Gaza citizens find it much more convenient to support Hamas on behalf of the northern Gaza residents, the fact Hamas is suppressing all these pretty much has a major influence over whether people can even state their opinion or not, here is a very interesting report, about a protest and a quarrel between them, and how Hamas deals with it.
Hamas Police Shoot Kill Starving Gazans a Day After Executing Protesters Jewish Israel News Algemeiner.com
Indeed all terrorist organizations have a soaring popularity but it is so hard to analyze whats going on without taking all the details we can possibly get and sum them to a one big statement.

In the end- I repeat - the Gaza civilians achieved nothing but death and wreckage, supporting Hamas? I think that after all what we see the popularity still decreased, no nation in the world support a war government and so does every rational person, it is very obvious that the losers of the unfolding events are the Palestinians, Hamas might be on second place but Israel so far won, no matter how you wish to analyze it.
Report Hamas Losing Palestinian Support in Gaza - Middle East - News - Arutz Sheva

I agree with Rocco here. When you are dealing with Hamas, imo, you are dealing with Gazans. You can't expect a normal society with democratic tensions especially in Gaza, and especially after bombing the shit out of them.

When you compare this to WW2 Germany and Japan, you forget to compare the length of these conflicts. Israelis and Palestinians fighting for how long? I lost the count. And do you have any idea what this does to a society and conciseness to the individuals, being actively into a war for so long?

When you said you would "look it up", I didn't know you would be looking up some, you know, government controlled PR media. I need to see some credible source for the claim you have: Hamas (and likewise terrorist movements) in Gaza losing ground after the bombing, and people becoming more peace wanting, democratic and less militant etc etc etc.

For instance, I have found this supporting your claim:
New Palestinian Poll Shows Hardline Views But Some Pragmatism Too - The Washington Institute for Near East Policy

Claiming Palestinians actually wanting Israeli jobs, when the unemployment soared to 40% under Hamas. Bu you see how this article starts: "A reliable new West Bank/Gaza public opinion survey conducted on June 15-17". He never tells us who did the survey, how they did the survey, what age group etc etc etc.

This is no better than me saying "I think,...". Only opinionated people would take such sources into account. And I am not one. I am trying to find the reality behind all this PR campaign from both Israel and Hamas.

Credible sources, here:
A weakened Hamas clings on to the people s support in Gaza World news The Observer
As war with Israel shatters lives more Gazans question Hamas decisions - The Washington Post

And "credible" sources unfortunately confirming my logic.

Why?

Because it has been tested against time, and against many other conflicts. Take Kurds vs Turks, same thing. 30+ years, bombing the shit out of Kurds did give only one thing, a more resilient resistance. Same thing, all over the world.

So what to do?

You have 2 options:

1. Stop being naive, realize what Rocco have stated above, start killing them in effective numbers. Not like killing couple thousand and chickening out, but KILL THEM in effective numbers.

2. Stop killing them and and wait for them to lose militancy, desire the prosperity you are offering them. If Hamas attack you, find a better way to deal with it, like an IRON DOME!!!

Israel need to do one way or the other. The way they are handling this, is not helping to end this war AT ALL, imo...

Last edited:

I don't think you understood my examples, when the US bombed Germany they surrendered, end of the conflict, one side is the decisive winner and luckily not the cruel side, now Germany and US are great allies.
And its not about nuke or death toll, its about proportional reaction, would you accept to be blackmail by Iraq when IS is the elected government? Think about it.

There is no evidence that the Allied bombing of German cities broke German resistance, ditto Japanese cities. If anything it increased the civilian will to resist, the German bombing of British cities didn't break our will to resist either. Ever heard the parable about the sun and the north wind having a wager as to who was more powerful?

The North Wind boasted of great strength. The Sun argued that there was great power in gentleness. "We shall have a contest," said the Sun. Far below, a man traveled a winding road. He was wearing a warm winter coat."As a test of strength," said the Sun, "Let us see which of us can take the coat off of that man." "It will be quite simple for me to force him to remove his coat," bragged the Wind. The Wind blew so hard, the birds clung to the trees. The world was filled with dust and leaves. But the harder the wind blew down the road, the tighter the shivering man clung to his coat. Then, the Sun came out from behind a cloud. Sun warmed the air and the frosty ground. The man on the road unbuttoned his coat. The sun grew slowly brighter and brighter. Soon the man felt so hot, he took off his coat and sat down in a shady spot. "How did you do that?" said the Wind. "It was easy," said the Sun, "I lit the day. Through gentleness I got my way."

This is the lesson the Zionists need to learn but I suspect they know it already. Zionist Israel has never wanted peace unless it was entirely on its own terms, they have deliberately prolonged this conflict for decades because while there is conflict they can grab more and more land. As several posters have said here and elsewhere Zionist Israel could have wiped Hamas out any time, but they didn't and the conflict goes on, and the land grabs continue. As it was in 1947 so it is in 2014.

There is no evidence that the Allied bombing of German cities broke German resistance, ditto Japanese cities. If anything it increased the civilian will to resist, the German bombing of British cities didn't break our will to resist either. Ever heard the parable about the sun and the north wind having a wager as to who was more powerful?

The North Wind boasted of great strength. The Sun argued that there was great power in gentleness. "We shall have a contest," said the Sun. Far below, a man traveled a winding road. He was wearing a warm winter coat."As a test of strength," said the Sun, "Let us see which of us can take the coat off of that man." "It will be quite simple for me to force him to remove his coat," bragged the Wind. The Wind blew so hard, the birds clung to the trees. The world was filled with dust and leaves. But the harder the wind blew down the road, the tighter the shivering man clung to his coat. Then, the Sun came out from behind a cloud. Sun warmed the air and the frosty ground. The man on the road unbuttoned his coat. The sun grew slowly brighter and brighter. Soon the man felt so hot, he took off his coat and sat down in a shady spot. "How did you do that?" said the Wind. "It was easy," said the Sun, "I lit the day. Through gentleness I got my way."

This is the lesson the Zionists need to learn but I suspect they know it already. Zionist Israel has never wanted peace unless it was entirely on its own terms, they have deliberately prolonged this conflict for decades because while there is conflict they can grab more and more land. As several posters have said here and elsewhere Zionist Israel could have wiped Hamas out any time, but they didn't and the conflict goes on, and the land grabs continue. As it was in 1947 so it is in 2014.

Indeed, Britons fight even more fierce after the bombing.

Zionist extremists killed Rabin, because he simply agreed to a fair peace, because they wanted more of it, the "promised" land...

And when you look at what happened, killing just the amount that would create enough militancy for this generation to support one of the many terrorist movements, often makes me wonder... Does Israeli politicians really want peace???

If they do, this surely is not how you get it...

Things that make go hmmm . . . . .

Not really, Hamas won the elections of 2006 with 44.45% of the popular vote across Occupied Palestine, so clearly not all Palestinians support Hamas. Fatah got 41.43% of the popular vote. Gaza is Hamas' political base, where support is strongest. There are always "collaborators" in the situation Gaza is in, that's nothing new. Palestinians "collaborate" for many reasons, ideological opposition, bribery, or coercion by Zionist intelligence services.

Daniyel, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R

I agree with Rocco here. When you are dealing with Hamas, imo, you are dealing with Gazans. You can't expect a normal society with democratic tensions especially in Gaza, and especially after bombing the shit out of them.

When you compare this to WW2 Germany and Japan, you forget to compare the length of these conflicts. Israelis and Palestinians fighting for how long? I lost the count. And do you have any idea what this does to a society and conciseness to the individuals, being actively into a war for so long?

When you said you would "look it up", I didn't know you would be looking up some, you know, government controlled PR media. I need to see some credible source for the claim you have: Hamas (and likewise terrorist movements) in Gaza losing ground after the bombing, and people becoming more peace wanting, democratic and less militant etc etc etc.

For instance, I have found this supporting your claim:
New Palestinian Poll Shows Hardline Views But Some Pragmatism Too - The Washington Institute for Near East Policy

Claiming Palestinians actually wanting Israeli jobs, when the unemployment soared to 40% under Hamas. Bu you see how this article starts: "A reliable new West Bank/Gaza public opinion survey conducted on June 15-17". He never tells us who did the survey, how they did the survey, what age group etc etc etc.

This is no better than me saying "I think,...". Only opinionated people would take such sources into account. And I am not one. I am trying to find the reality behind all this PR campaign from both Israel and Hamas.

Credible sources, here:
A weakened Hamas clings on to the people s support in Gaza World news The Observer
As war with Israel shatters lives more Gazans question Hamas decisions - The Washington Post

And "credible" sources unfortunately confirming my logic.

Why?

Because it has been tested against time, and against many other conflicts. Take Kurds vs Turks, same thing. 30+ years, bombing the shit out of Kurds did give only one thing, a more resilient resistance. Same thing, all over the world.

So what to do?

You have 2 options:

1. Stop being naive, realize what Rocco have stated above, start killing them in effective numbers. Not like killing couple thousand and chickening out, but KILL THEM in effective numbers.

2. Stop killing them and and wait for them to lose militancy, desire the prosperity you are offering them. If Hamas attack you, find a better way to deal with it, like an IRON DOME!!!

Israel need to do one way or the other. The way they are handling this, is not helping to end this war AT ALL, imo...
The Nazis had no reason to surrender, just like Hamas, which makes it a fair comparison that answer the question WHY Britain fought harder, when you know its life or death because the enemy refuse to surrender, you simply fight or die, and don't forget the Nazis position over Hamas position, there are many other aspects involved but I try to abstain involving them since its probably endless discussion.
The case about Hamas is difference, they can always negotiate and achieve peaceful solution with Israel, but instead the launched a LOSING WAR policy, that hurt the civilians, so instead of the army of the allies, you have terrorists hiding behind civilians to make act of wars and provocative action [double war crimes btw] against Israel.
Arutz7 Is probably one of the least political influenced media, the Washington Post/Observer are, and I did saw that poll, but it doesn't indicate the support over the years.
I said that I agree they haven't suffer a hard enough response, but the Hamas and terrorists are currently fighting over their popularity in expense of the Palestinians lives.
'Iron Dome' is not a solution, and not even close to be a permanent solution, its only a defense tool similar to walls, you can break the walls, you can dig under the walls, you can climb over the walls, you can go from the other was around, and you can stand and mock the inside residents for being cowards, motivating others to join forces against those cowards, its not a solution.
Despite all the odds, with some disagreement, I find the popularity of Hamas deceased among the civilians EVEN after the manipulations made.
The logic is very simple, you won't launch a campaign of a losing war when you DO have something to lose, such as your life, family, property, with the tremendous number of supporters, in the end, Hamas lost popularity among the sane people.
Gaza Public Rejects Hamas Wants Ceasefire - The Washington Institute for Near East Policy
Gaza Strip Support for Hamas Dwindles
And this one is probably why you think not.
Poll 89 percent of Palestinians support terror attacks on Israel Washington Free Beacon

Putting the equation of Ceasefire and losing War, every civilian in Gaza knows that very well, but it doesn't mean they favor Israel, it simply mean they know what is good for them.

To the victor goes the spoils, Israel is not going to compromise over security measures, although Israel did.
The Allied demanded a demilitarization of Germany..do you homework, Israel lack the desire to wipe Hamas because it simply can cause a devastating damage to the Palestinians, the way you analyze it shows you choose the believe we desire the conflict to go on instead of just nuking Gaza when you have other less violent alternatives.
Get real.

I know that this video I post is clearly skewed as it has "HAMASsacre" in the background, however this story has been posted here with other video links as well.

My link:

Regardless. My question is this. If we are presented with this information, how can anyone say with a surety that all of the Palestinians in Gaza agree with how Hamas is handling their 'struggle'?

Or better. If every Palestinian supported how Hamas is representing them, why would there ever be any "Israeli collaborators" in Gaza?

Things that make go hmmm . . . . .

The-Scorpion-and-the-Frog1.jpg

Forum List

Back