Divorce Rates

I hope you have considered her debt load....That should have been talked about on the third date according to experts on financial responsibility.
She has a good career and is financially secure. She is not a spend thrift and invests her money wisely.

She has a good career and is financially secure. She is not a spend thrift and invests her money wisely.
Well good luck. Hope it works out if ya take the plunge. Be Uber carefull. I divorced after 26 years at 52. It was no Bueno. In hind sight the two qualities I would be most interested in for such things would be cooperative and peaceful.

Every credible "dating" service stresses that you should get together with people who share your traits and values. But fools think that they can overcome differences because they have hots for each other.

You can read all the popular literature on the subject and never see any mention of the basic fact of marriage: It is a COMMITMENT to "love" [hint: that's not an emotional attachment] your chosen partner until you are separated by death.

The emotional aspect comes and goes, just like other emotions, but with the bilateral commitment, the thing can work.

People are waiting longer to get married. Maybe they are just a little more mature about it.

I read somewhere else that there is a major trend of OLDER people getting divorced...past age 65. Now THAT is an interesting development.

Over here I heard the Marriages have decreased significantly. .
Reasonably you might then also expect Divorces to decrease in percentage terms .
That is , the most committed are marrying .Leading to fewer break -ups .

Quite how you would demonstrate that I am not too sure

I am considering marriage but need time to get to know her much better.
It will either be the best decision of your life, or the biggest fuckup of your life, upon which you will accumulate great wisdom in direct proportion to your great loss of wealth and self-esteem. Of course, a third option is that you will settle into a slow burn of existential rot and decay, coming to loath each other and yourself.

Thank God I made it through my divorce without having to go broke!

I am considering marriage but need time to get to know her much better.
You don’t realize exactly how wrong you are about so many things like what brand of TP you use until you get married. I had no idea I was purchasing the wrong dish soap for 20 years until my wife told me. Luckily she liked Dukes Mayonnaise or we would have been a statistic

OP, are you considering tying the knot because you have gotten too lazy to chase pussy out in the wild? You know, it’s just there in your bed every night ripe for the taking. Hell, you even will have consent. In fact, I think you have a right to it when you are legally married!

But think about it. After a while you will get fat. You will knock her up. 9 times out of 10, if you do not mandate a strict exercise regiment on her the she will never get her pre-baby bod back (I was lucky. Mine did).

My advice to all men considering marriage is this:

1. Stay in shape physically (You want to be able to date again immediately if the need arises);

2. Squirrel away your money and keep it hidden from her. If you do it right you will not need a prenup.

3. Women have the ability to turn their love on and off like a light switch. One morning she calls you “honey”, the next she is calling you “defendant”. You need to adopt the ability.

4. Stay aloof. Never allow her to feel in control except when it serves YOU and YOUR interests.

5. Notwithstanding love, you always need to remember that she will fillet your soul when things go bad. Thus, you always need to hold back some of yourself and view her as a potential adversary. I am just being realistic.

Dude, never marry because you are too lazy to wrangle pussy. And don’t do it for “love”. There is no such thing as love except for familial love. You may be that level with her some day, or not. But right now it is lust and attention. That’s it.

She may tell you that she loves you. But who cares? What is important to you is how YOU feel. Her siren songs are intended to benefit her, not you. Don’t fall for it!

You don’t realize exactly how wrong you are about so many things like what brand of TP you use until you get married. I had no idea I was purchasing the wrong dish soap for 20 years until my wife told me. Luckily she liked Dukes Mayonnaise or we would have been a statistic

I would have dumped her....I bet she makes chili with no beans too. ;)

Forum List

Back