Disrespect for the office of the Presidency

The other side certainly didn't respect Bush. Think about it.

Oh so Obama's just another President like Bush was?

Worse

-Geaux

I did not think it would be possible for anybody to be worse than Bush was.

Thats the way it will be from here on out as long as we have this corrupt two party system of demopublicans and reprocrats.

Go back the last 50 years and every president that has got in office has been worse than the previous one.thats because they are puppets that do what they are told to do.

:eusa_whistle: Anyone notice the misery index was going down in 2010 but has went up ever since even higher than Bush and Reagan's second term. It hasn't been this bad since Carter and what carter left Reagan to fix.

US_Misery_Index_July2013.jpg

Last edited:
Obama has brought on everything he has asked for.

He has brought more shame to the oval office than Nixon, Clinton and Monica combined

-Geaux

Sorry bout that,

1. There is no part of Obama's personality that does not suck!
2. Everyone knows it, its common knowledge now.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Not really. He was pointing out that we OWN the presidency. Why then are we supposed to have some vaunted respect for the office let alone the person in it. Further, it is stated that we the people have the right to abolish it. That does not seem like we are supposed to have any respect for it in general.

Yeah really. The poster jumped in on an exchange that wasn't even his, which is why he doesn't understand what it is. The point he's making here is irrelevant to any of it; he's just trolling. The original point itself was settled way back.

Pogo you really don't have the slightest clue as to the respect for the "office" of the President of the United States. The "office" is owned by the PEOPLE (rightly said by FA_Q2) as the FOUNDERS gave very explicit details of the powers that are also "granted" by that office. I seriously doubt you know more about respect for the office than those who wrote its Constitution - you really are a thick headed idiot who needs to go back to school.

If the "office" deserves respect without question, then can you explain why the Founders granted the people the right to overthrow their OWN government and establish a new one? You really have no idea, do you.

No idea why you go on with this unrelated red herring, no.

Again, the point had nothing whatsoever with who "owns" the office. Zero. It had to do with how the concept of respect is defined. Obviously you wouldn't know that since you jumped into the middle of an exchange between two people that had nothing to do with you, and with each post you look stupider. Why don't you just shut your festering gobutit and cut your losses. There's a good boy. (/pats head)

Fuckin' wacko.
:cuckoo:

Yeah really. The poster jumped in on an exchange that wasn't even his, which is why he doesn't understand what it is. The point he's making here is irrelevant to any of it; he's just trolling. The original point itself was settled way back.

Pogo you really don't have the slightest clue as to the respect for the "office" of the President of the United States. The "office" is owned by the PEOPLE (rightly said by FA_Q2) as the FOUNDERS gave very explicit details of the powers that are also "granted" by that office. I seriously doubt you know more about respect for the office than those who wrote its Constitution - you really are a thick headed idiot who needs to go back to school.

If the "office" deserves respect without question, then can you explain why the Founders granted the people the right to overthrow their OWN government and establish a new one? You really have no idea, do you.

Again, the point had nothing whatsoever with who "owns" the office. Zero. It had to do with how the concept of respect is defined. Obviously you wouldn't know that since you jumped into the middle of an exchange between two people that had nothing to do with you, and with each post you look stupider. Why don't you just shut your festering gobutit and cut your losses. There's a good boy. (/pats head)

Fuckin' wacko.

There really is no such thing as a discussion that is just between 2 people when you are posting in the public part of the forums. Everyone can see and everyone can comment on those posts. I always felt that the ‘you’re not part of this exchange’ excuse was lame – they were not PM’s.

Fuckin' wacko.

There really is no such thing as a discussion that is just between 2 people when you are posting in the public part of the forums. Everyone can see and everyone can comment on those posts. I always felt that the ‘you’re not part of this exchange’ excuse was lame – they were not PM’s.

And this post is an example. The point is not that the exchange was "private" -- it is that he walked into a volley established by two other posters and in doing so completely failed to follow what it was about, and then took off to his own red herring cause that has nothing to do with the original point which was, I have to spell this out for the fifth time, about the definition of the concept of "respect".

Yet the point IS between myself and Shakles, since he's the accuser and I'm the defendant, and the fallacy he's using is all his. Nobody else is responsible for that.

Basically (again) he jumps into a conversation about apples screaming about oranges because his intellect is too dim to simply bring up oranges as a new tangent.

And here I am trying to explain to a fourth party about a third party... not sure why this is even necessary :confused:

Last edited:
To those who are siding more towards the OP on this one and believe we should be respecting the Office of the Presidency no matter who's in charge, is there a point where you would change your mind about this?

Meaning, is there a red line that the President could cross where you would no longer shake his hand?

Check out what the good Doctor has to say on the subject. The Presidency ain't what it used to be. We are currently living through very dark unprecedented times...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0L2tBgIkHI]Ron Paul's Texas Straight Talk 3/11/13: Congress, Drones, and The Imperial Presidency - YouTube[/ame]

Fuckin' wacko.

... you look stupider?? Wow, your lack of proper grammar never ceases to amaze me. Now there's a fine example of an intellectual statement - lol

In case you've been asleep.... my response was not about WHO sits in that office (try to follow along), but concerning this notion of overall "respect" for that office in general. Anytime you want to "learn" something about this respect for the office of the Presidency, let me know.

In case you've been asleep.... my response was not about WHO sits in that office (try to follow along), but concerning this notion of overall "respect" for that office in general. Anytime you want to "learn" something about this respect for the office of the Presidency, let me know.
Why should a man who deserves no respect at all, be shown respect based on title? IMO showing this man respect is, in effect, a dishonor to the title.

Last edited:
Respect is earned.

Obama hasn't earned my respect.

He can go fuck himself.

No, it isn't. Do you walk up to people and spit in their face, cuss them out and do other disrespectful things to them right off the bat or do you show them respect initially and only later, if they prove unworthy, show them disrespect? For instance, if you knew nothing at all about President Obama and happened to meet him on the street today would you cuss him out and call him the vile things you call him on the site or would you offer your hand as a gentleman and treat him respectfully until he had lost the right to be treated in such a manner? I suspect it would be the latter.

Immie

Does it really matter at this point, Obama in the time he has been in office has shown the he has no respect for the office of the President, in turn people have no respect for him.

Respect is earned.

He can go fuck himself.

No, it isn't. Do you walk up to people and spit in their face, cuss them out and do other disrespectful things to them right off the bat or do you show them respect initially and only later, if they prove unworthy, show them disrespect? For instance, if you knew nothing at all about President Obama and happened to meet him on the street today would you cuss him out and call him the vile things you call him on the site or would you offer your hand as a gentleman and treat him respectfully until he had lost the right to be treated in such a manner? I suspect it would be the latter.

Immie
I'd treat him the same in person as I do here. I'd call him out verbally for his vile policies. Shake his hand... hell no.

Respect is earned.

He can go fuck himself.

No, it isn't. Do you walk up to people and spit in their face, cuss them out and do other disrespectful things to them right off the bat or do you show them respect initially and only later, if they prove unworthy, show them disrespect?

Nope - sure don't. However, America has known Black Jimmy for five years.

He doesn't deserve my respect.

Sorry.

And anyone who thinks he's doing a fantastic job, hell, even a mediocre job - is a brain dead idiot.

Respect is earned.

He can go fuck himself.

Immie

Learn the difference between respect and courtesy. If you knew nothing at all about obama he would be entitled to common courtesy which is what we show strangers.

Since we do know about obama he isn't even entitled to the basics of courtesy.

Forum List

Back