Disney threatens to stop filming in Georgia if anti-gay bill becomes law

The rightwing cracka bible thumpers passed a law here in NC yesterday

View attachment 68857

just a matter of time until these mutants are put down like the rabid dogs they are

NC discrimination law creates business backlash

"We believe no individual should be discriminated against because of gender identity or sexual orientation. Laws that allow such discrimination go against our fundamental belief of equality and are bad for the economies of the states in which they are enacted," said Katie Cody, a spokeswoman for American Airlines, which has its second-largest hub at Charlotte-Douglas International Airport.4

Wells Fargo, Replacements Ltd., Apple, Microsoft and others all signed on to a statement in opposition to the North Carolina law and similar legislation in other states.

"Equality in the workplace is a business priority to foster talent and innovation, and these state laws undermine this core value," the statement said. "These state laws set a dangerous precedent that stifles investment and economic growth by jeopardizing a state’s status as a welcoming place for employees to live and thrive, undermining the success of a business at large. It is unreasonable for job creators to recruit a diverse workforce from states that encourage businesses to discriminate against our community of employees or consumers.

Read more at NC discrimination law creates business backlash :: WRAL.com

The North Carolina law is a mess. It requires that people only use the bathroom that fits the gender on their birth certificate. So much focus on who is in what bathroom. I am 56 years old. I could count on one hand (with fingers left over) the number of times I have seen anyone's genitals in a public bathroom. And that includes standing next to other men at the urinals. This is a cure for a problem that does not exist.
Etiquette dictates that you stare straight ahead and avoid any interaction. I have never viewed public toilets as a political battlefield before this.
It should become a real battlefield with real battles.

Scream weenie wagger at every opportunity. If you can't stop them, make the price very high and humiliatingly painful.
…as if on cue.
Homos should go to homo owned business where they feel more inclusive

-Geaux
Further evidence demonstrating why public accommodations laws are just, proper, and warranted.

The bigotry and hate displayed in the above quoted post is not who we are as a people, it is not how we want our communities to function, we are better than this.
Ohh it's not how you want your communities to function. Maybe you need a segregated community.

There is nothing you can do. Learn to like it.

NC discrimination law creates business backlash

"We believe no individual should be discriminated against because of gender identity or sexual orientation. Laws that allow such discrimination go against our fundamental belief of equality and are bad for the economies of the states in which they are enacted," said Katie Cody, a spokeswoman for American Airlines, which has its second-largest hub at Charlotte-Douglas International Airport.4

Wells Fargo, Replacements Ltd., Apple, Microsoft and others all signed on to a statement in opposition to the North Carolina law and similar legislation in other states.

"Equality in the workplace is a business priority to foster talent and innovation, and these state laws undermine this core value," the statement said. "These state laws set a dangerous precedent that stifles investment and economic growth by jeopardizing a state’s status as a welcoming place for employees to live and thrive, undermining the success of a business at large. It is unreasonable for job creators to recruit a diverse workforce from states that encourage businesses to discriminate against our community of employees or consumers.

Read more at NC discrimination law creates business backlash :: WRAL.com

The North Carolina law is a mess. It requires that people only use the bathroom that fits the gender on their birth certificate. So much focus on who is in what bathroom. I am 56 years old. I could count on one hand (with fingers left over) the number of times I have seen anyone's genitals in a public bathroom. And that includes standing next to other men at the urinals. This is a cure for a problem that does not exist.
Etiquette dictates that you stare straight ahead and avoid any interaction. I have never viewed public toilets as a political battlefield before this.
It should become a real battlefield with real battles.

Scream weenie wagger at every opportunity. If you can't stop them, make the price very high and humiliatingly painful.
…as if on cue.
Homos should go to homo owned business where they feel more inclusive

-Geaux
Further evidence demonstrating why public accommodations laws are just, proper, and warranted.

The bigotry and hate displayed in the above quoted post is not who we are as a people, it is not how we want our communities to function, we are better than this.
Ohh it's not how you want your communities to function. Maybe you need a segregated community.

There is nothing you can do. Learn to like it.

Communities self-segregate and the government forces them together.

When I was in high school somehow the administration got the idea that they should put me on the girl's softball team. I would get team spirit, become one of the group. I did not want to be part of their group.

I made absolutely sure that my team lost every time they made me play. There was nothing they could do but give in to my demands that I be taken off the team. No beating me up wasn't an option. I wanted that. It relieved my resentment when I had a good excuse to bash someone's head it.

The point is, if someone really wants to fuck up your community, it's not that hard.

"Disney threatens to stop filming in Georgia if anti-gay bill becomes law"

Disney is doing the correct thing, of course, by not ignoring the fear, bigotry, and hate motivating this ridiculous, unwarranted measure.

Christian clergy are in no need of ‘protection,’ Obergefell doesn’t apply to them or other private persons.

There is no fear. No one has suggested any acts against gays (although we are moving toward social acceptance of barbed wire fences ). The law merely protects those who choose not to be gay.

When they tell clergy that they must perform same-sex wedding ceremonies, that's when the war begins.

Failure to attend a gay wedding when asked is now illegal. Clergy must perform pervert ceremonies. The gay mafia wants to put their neighbors and co workers in prison for failing to genuflect.

Failure to attend a gay wedding when asked is now illegal.

Horseshit.

You are no more required to attend a same-sex wedding then attend a different-sex wedding if invited.

Clergy must perform pervert ceremonies.

Horseshit

Clergy have never been required to perform religious services that conflict with the beliefs of their religious organization.

>>>>

Once again proving that homosexuals run Hollywood, and in particular, run Disney at all levels, Disney has said it will boycott the state of Georgia if it passes a law saying that Christian bakers can't be forced to make gay wedding cakes.

In other words, Disney has made it clear that it values gays more than it does the "family values" kind of people who watch most of it's movies, cartoons, and TV shows, and go to its theme parks.

So it remains to be seen whether Georgia will bravely stand by Christians, or will it bend over and take it in the ass from gays.

I think you are a little con fused. Republicans work for money. These big corporations gave the GOP their marching orders. Why are you surprise by this?

When they tell clergy that they must perform same-sex wedding ceremonies, that's when the war begins.

Actually, in 20 years, the Clergy will be performing same sex weddings and denying they had anything to do with the homophobia.

But I have a simple enough solution. If your church doesn't perform a same sex wedding, you lose your tax exemption and the IRS will be around later to look at your books.

That would be amusing.

Failure to attend a gay wedding when asked is now illegal. Clergy must perform pervert ceremonies. The gay mafia wants to put their neighbors and co workers in prison for failing to genuflect.

Let's not get hysterical, here.

if you have a business that provides a service, you can't refuse to provide that service on the basis of sexual orientation. Just like you can't refuse to provide it on the basis of gender, race or religion. Sounds perfectly sensible to me.

If you don't want to bake cakes for gay weddings, don't be in the wedding cake business.

Or just subcontract the work out to someone who will.

Actually, in 20 years, the Clergy will be performing same sex weddings and denying they had anything to do with the homophobia.

But I have a simple enough solution. If your church doesn't perform a same sex wedding, you lose your tax exemption and the IRS will be around later to look at your books.

That would be amusing.

Amusing? That would be bullshit and a violation of the U.S. Constitution.

Forum List

Back