Disney Preemptively Put Out Stories Claiming Racism Because Of Their Wokish Casting

mudwhistle

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2009
Headmaster's Office, Hogwarts
Moses-Ingram-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-2515801325.jpg

The new Disney TV series Obiewan has a character that is universally hated by everyone.

She's supposedly a Sith....but she's not....what she seems to be is a royal pain in the backside to everyone.
But she's Black and we're supposed to ignore the fact she's a back-stabbing opportunist that nobody likes.
She refuses to follow orders.
She goes behind everyone's back and tries to steal all the glory.
She even stabs the Grand Inquisitor and supposedly murders him.

Who could like this POS.
Apparently nobody. There's nothing redeeming about her character.
But Disney seems to have already started a campaign to support her and claims people don't like her because she's black.
Sorry, that's not it at all.
We don't like her because her character sucks.

star-wars-stands-with-obi-wan-kenobis-moses-ingram-amid-racist-fan-backlash-3655229054.jpg

View attachment 653244

The new Disney TV series Obiewan has a character that is universally hated by everyone.

She's supposedly a Sith....but she's not....what she seems to be is a royal pain in the backside to everyone.
But she's Black and we're supposed to ignore the fact she's a back-stabbing opportunist that nobody likes.

Who could like this POS.
But Disney seems to have already started a campaign to support her and claims people don't like her because she's black.

View attachment 653247

We all hated Darth Vader because he was black...........

Yeah....Einstein. She's a fictional character........and we don't have to like her cuz she's black. :auiqs.jpg:

I haven't watched the show ... "Star Wars" played itself out for me in 1983.

But, I'm pretty sure, that if they wrote her as an evil character, you're NOT suppose to like her ... even if she was a green CGI character.

I haven't watched the show ... "Star Wars" played itself out for me in 1983.

But, I'm pretty sure, that if they wrote her as an evil character, you're NOT suppose to like her ... even if she was a green CGI character.
But for some reason Disney wants us to ignore what she portrays in the show.
If you watch the series....you'll understand why nobody likes her character.
She's just useless.
The only character I remember that was so universally hated was Jar-Jar Binks.

But for some reason Disney wants us to ignore what she portrays in the show.
If you watch the series....you'll understand why nobody likes her character.
She's just useless.
The only character I remember that was so universally hated was Jar-Jar Binks.

I really think you're reading way too much into this.

The entire idea behind writing an evil character into a book, a play, or movie is so that people, initially at least, don't like them. The author doesn't want you to ignore what they do, they want you to hate them, initially at least, for the things they do. That is how you get invested in the fiction.

That didn't start with Disney, that is a common thing in the entire history of fictional literature ...

Shakespeare's eponymous "Richard the Third", Ebeneezer Scrooge in Dicken's "A Christmas Carol", and Wesley Crusher in "Star Trek TNG"

star-trek-wesley-picard-1126897.jpg

The entire idea behind writing an evil character into a book, a play, or movie is so that people, initially at least, don't like them. The author doesn't want you to ignore what they do, they want you to hate them, initially at least, for the things they do. That is how you get invested in the fiction.

That didn't start with Disney, that is a common thing in the entire history of fictional literature ...

Shakespeare's eponymous "Richard the Third", Ebeneezer Scrooge in Dicken's "A Christmas Carol", and Wesley Crusher in "Star Trek TNG"

View attachment 653270
You know....I get tired of liberals constantly telling me to ignore what common-sense tells anyone with half a brain can see with their own eyes.
You told me you haven't seen the show....so you're in no position to judge.....

View attachment 653270

I liked the original Picard (I hate kids) better than the later Picard.
Wish the leeches had killed Wesley.

Star Wars just got worse and worse.
It all started when they picked Hayden Christensen to play Anakin.
In the original series, Darth Vader was a large, tall man with black hair.
Played by David Prose - 6' 6"
When his face was revealed, they didn't like Prose's face so the face they showed was Sebastian Shaw with black hair.
When Hayden became Vader... we was just supposed to accept that he magically grew 6" and gained 70 pounds. And his hair somehow turned black.

he new Disney TV series Obiewan has a character that is universally hated by everyone.

Who could like this POS.

Actually, her character is only a problem for the angry white fanboys... and Disney is using the bad behavior of a few racist douche noodles to distract attention from the other product flaws.

They did the same thing with the Last Jedi when they took a few nitwits who said something racist about Kelly Marie Tran to ignore how they bastardized Star Wars lore.

1654685325570.png

The biggest problem with this series is how they emasculated Obi-Wan Kenobi. They have him living in the desert feeling sorry for himself, completely opposite from the character we saw in the Prequel series. Bail Organa literally has to beg him to be a hero.

No, she isn't supposed to be a Sith. The Inquisitors are fallen Jedi who serve the Sith in hunting down the remaining Jedi. You expect them to be backstabbing... that's kind of the nature of the Dark Side, were all those Sith Lords were looking to betray each other.

Star Wars, of course, has a long history of really iconic villains - Darth Vader, Emperor Palpatine, Boba Fett, Jabba the Hutt, Darth Maul, Count Dooku, Kylo Ren. Sometimes they are more interesting than the heroes. But you need a strong hero to start with.

Reva is fine as a villain. She's ruthless, she's ambitious and she has no problem doing what she has to do. The scenes she is in are kind of interesting, because at least something is happening. No, she doesn't have the menace of an established Star Wars villain. That's kind of the point of her character, she's trying to find her place.

The problem is really how Ewan McGregor is playing Kenobi. The scenes with him drag, he's not inspiring, and he makes really terrible decisions. They imply that he's lost his connection with the Force, which is why we don't see him swinging around that light saber and actually using an "uncivilized" blaster to take out stormtroopers.

Disney is being very stupid.... Don't they realize how out of touch with their customers they are?....

Or they are being pragmatic.

Here's the thing. I saw the original Star Wars in 1977, and it was the most amazing thing ever. But special effects have become common place, and you aren't going to get much of a response catering just to fans in the 60's with member-berries

You have to reach new audiences with new fans and new product.

Moses Ingram isn't the problem with this series, her acting is fine and the character isn't that bad. The real problem is, there's just not a story to be told here.

Since we KNOW that Obi-Wan isn't going to die, most of the dramatic tension of this series is lost, but what little there is doesn't go anywhere when you have a whole episode of "Ben" Kenobi going to his boring job at the meat packing plant.

Real revenge would be Vader showing up at his job mocking him.

I have one more point, and this has nothing to do with the acting, but the writing. You have the scene where Obi-Wan is shocked to learn that Anakin Skywalker is alive and going by Darth Vader. First, how would Reva know this? And secondly, how would Obi-Wan NOT know this? They called Anakin "Darth Vader" in the third movie right before Obi-wan cut off all his limbs.

Forum List

Back