Disgusting

/shrugs

May not be your guy, but he represents your side, and he says this will do the trick for Romney.

Just a shame he doesn't think Romney can do the trick himself.

they should also pass a law that the only people allowed to mail in a ballot are US military serving overseas

:eusa_hand:

i think that if you go in and apply.... providing prof of ID when requesting a mail in ballot would be fair. Just think...something for the post office to do to keep themselves in business.

/shrugs

May not be your guy, but he represents your side, and he says this will do the trick for Romney.

Just a shame he doesn't think Romney can do the trick himself.

He doesn't represent my side.

What is a shame is that there is a pervasive feeling that the only reason anyone can win is to nip the fraud in the bud.

And yes...it is suggestive that the only reason obama would win is becasue he is relying on illegals and the dead to get him in office. I would think demanding ID to vote from everyone would quell that assertion.

Last edited:
Whoa! I had NO IDEA you weren't a republican.

All apologies.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXMNKM3Zq1w]Nirvana - All Apologies (Unplugged Version) - YouTube[/ame]

Though I can completely understand the problem that arises because some people want to vote but are too lazy to get an ID, I have to bring up 2 points. The first is if you are too lazy to go get a state non-driver ID you are probably too lazy to vote. The second is that an ID is pretty necessary for lots of things aside from voting and I cannot imagine what would eep a person from getting one today. In order to work in most legitimate jobs you need ID. You are supposed to need it to buy alcohol, tobacco, and in many cases prescription and some OTC medications. So getting one has it's purposes to living.

I also happen to feel that showing your ID for something as important as voting should be a necessity. When I have to show my ID to get a job, buy a pack of smokes, or even when I was younger to see an R rated movie i think requiring it to vote for the leaders and representatives of the country is something that should be required. I now the republicans are using this as a way to cut Obama supporters from voting, but seriously it only takes a few bucks and a couple of minutes to get a non-drivers ID. People should really get one. It has got to create huge difficulties in your life for not having one.

I agree with everything you said except for the bolded, which is just stupid ... especially in light of everything else you posted.

My husband never learned to drive till he was 25 or so. When he was 18 he went and got himself a photo ID from the DMV. Why? Because, as you said, it's needed in life and it certainly should be required in order to vote.

i am not opposed to a voter id.

I am opposed to an associated cost...however, i do not have an alternate solution.

i would prefer a long term strategy as opposed to an eleventh hour requirement during a presidential election year.

Whether or not homeless vote is an appropriate concern, all constitutionally granted rights should be attainable by the lowest common denominator; thus eliminating privilege.

the concept that voting is a divided partisan issue is rather concerning. if any aspect of our democracy should be non partisan, I would think access to vote would be priority.

i am not opposed to a voter id.

I am opposed to an associated cost...however, i do not have an alternate solution.

i would prefer a long term strategy as opposed to an eleventh hour requirement during a presidential election year.

Whether or not homeless vote is an appropriate concern, all constitutionally granted rights should be attainable by the lowest common denominator; thus eliminating privilege.

the concept that voting is a divided partisan issue is rather concerning. if any aspect of our democracy should be non partisan, I would think access to vote would be priority.

I say we bar code everyone at birth!!!!

:tongue:

Yes, disenfranchising the homeless seems an excellent plan.

The homeless can't get a photo ID?

How will they prove who they are?

If they don't have an address, how did they register in the first place, how do they know where to go vote.

The first thing I ask when someone comes up to me and asks for money is who did you vote for. Most say they didn't vote. Some are stupid enough to say Obama to which I answer, go get money from his scrawny ass.

Truly.

Under Pennsylvania's new voter ID law, various other forms of photo identification will be accepted at voting places in November, including U.S. passports, student identification cards with expiration dates, current military identification, and ID cards issued to government employees.

But for most voters, the Pennsylvania driver's license is the standard photo ID. The disclosure that 9 percent of the state's registered voters don't have one - or an alternative, nondriver PennDot photo ID - provides a clearer picture of the hurdle set up by the state's new voter ID requirement.

Republican lawmakers pushed the bill through the legislature in March and it was signed into law by Gov. Corbett, over protests from Democrats that the measure would disenfranchise thousands of voters, disproportionately affecting those without driver's licenses - the poor, the elderly, and the young.

House Republican leader Mike Turzai acknowledged the law's political implications at a Republican State Committee meeting last month.

"Voter ID - which is going to allow Gov. Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania - done," Turzai told the crowd, which burst into applause, as he listed legislative accomplishments under GOP control.

The law still faces a legal challenge as a possible violation of the state constitution. Commonwealth Court Judge Robert Simpson scheduled a July 25 hearing and his decision is likely to reach the state Supreme Court before November.

Forgot the link, sorry.

Voter ID law may affect more Pennsylvanians than previously estimated - Philly.com

I don't get it....are you saying that the Driver's License will no be used for ID?

That is strange.

If the gist is that ID is needed; I have no problem with that. Voting should be as sterile, non-corrupted process as we can make it.

I do with the federal congress and the state legislatures would strive for such sterility when doing their own business...but I have no problem with PA, MA, CA, or GA making you present a valid state-issued ID. By the same token, these states that have such a rule should provide IDs free of charge.

Truly.

Under Pennsylvania's new voter ID law, various other forms of photo identification will be accepted at voting places in November, including U.S. passports, student identification cards with expiration dates, current military identification, and ID cards issued to government employees.

But for most voters, the Pennsylvania driver's license is the standard photo ID. The disclosure that 9 percent of the state's registered voters don't have one - or an alternative, nondriver PennDot photo ID - provides a clearer picture of the hurdle set up by the state's new voter ID requirement.

Republican lawmakers pushed the bill through the legislature in March and it was signed into law by Gov. Corbett, over protests from Democrats that the measure would disenfranchise thousands of voters, disproportionately affecting those without driver's licenses - the poor, the elderly, and the young.

House Republican leader Mike Turzai acknowledged the law's political implications at a Republican State Committee meeting last month.

"Voter ID - which is going to allow Gov. Romney to win the state of Pennsylvania - done," Turzai told the crowd, which burst into applause, as he listed legislative accomplishments under GOP control.

The law still faces a legal challenge as a possible violation of the state constitution. Commonwealth Court Judge Robert Simpson scheduled a July 25 hearing and his decision is likely to reach the state Supreme Court before November.

Forgot the link, sorry.

Voter ID law may affect more Pennsylvanians than previously estimated - Philly.com

I don't get it....are you saying that the Driver's License will no be used for ID?

That is strange.

If the gist is that ID is needed; I have no problem with that. Voting should be as sterile, non-corrupted process as we can make it.

I do with the federal congress and the state legislatures would strive for such sterility when doing their own business...but I have no problem with PA, MA, CA, or GA making you present a valid state-issued ID. By the same token, these states that have such a rule should provide IDs free of charge.

And they DO. However, the documentation you need to gain such an ID is NOT free.

That is strange.

And they DO. However, the documentation you need to gain such an ID is NOT free.

If someone is not going to spend $13 fucking dollars for ID they should not vote.
If it's not worth $13 buck, go fuck yourself

The whole voter I.D. argument from the Right is a solution looking for a problem. There just isn't the rampant voter fraud happening.

And when the Republicans applaud this purely political move that erodes rights, they are just keeping the consistency they pride themselves on.

No other ideology consistently erodes rights the way the modern Conservative ideology does.

If only one vote is being cast fraudulently, it's one too many.

Though I can completely understand the problem that arises because some people want to vote but are too lazy to get an ID, I have to bring up 2 points. The first is if you are too lazy to go get a state non-driver ID you are probably too lazy to vote. The second is that an ID is pretty necessary for lots of things aside from voting and I cannot imagine what would eep a person from getting one today. In order to work in most legitimate jobs you need ID. You are supposed to need it to buy alcohol, tobacco, and in many cases prescription and some OTC medications. So getting one has it's purposes to living.

I also happen to feel that showing your ID for something as important as voting should be a necessity. When I have to show my ID to get a job, buy a pack of smokes, or even when I was younger to see an R rated movie i think requiring it to vote for the leaders and representatives of the country is something that should be required. I now the republicans are using this as a way to cut Obama supporters from voting, but seriously it only takes a few bucks and a couple of minutes to get a non-drivers ID. People should really get one. It has got to create huge difficulties in your life for not having one.

I agree with everything you said except for the bolded, which is just stupid ... especially in light of everything else you posted.

My husband never learned to drive till he was 25 or so. When he was 18 he went and got himself a photo ID from the DMV. Why? Because, as you said, it's needed in life and it certainly should be required in order to vote.

The republicans now that the people too lazy to have gotten an ID for years are probably not going to run out and get one, and probably don't even know it is required. When they show up to vote, if they show up to vote, they probably will not have the time to get their ID. It probably works on some voters, and it certainly is their plan. I am very positive republicans are not using this as a method to encourage people to go out and get an ID. Of course, if you thin that the party that hates minorities, the poor, women, and the elderly is all of a sudden concerned with their ability to get along in life I cannot cure idiocy.

The republicans now that the people too lazy to have gotten an ID for years are probably not going to run out and get one, and probably don't even know it is required. When they show up to vote, if they show up to vote, they probably will not have the time to get their ID. It probably works on some voters, and it certainly is their plan. I am very positive republicans are not using this as a method to encourage people to go out and get an ID. Of course, if you thin that the party that hates minorities, the poor, women, and the elderly is all of a sudden concerned with their ability to get along in life I cannot cure idiocy.
IDs allow for one to know that the person who is actually voting is actually the person on the fucking list.

Are you retarded? You're a partisan hack, but do you also have a mental disability?

That is strange.

Again, for all the benefit you get out of an ID the few dollars you spend to get it is not really a concern. I have needed my Social Security card for every job I have gotten, and at the ban if i want a ban account. You add a BC or a passport to that and bingo you have a state issued photo identification. It is not like this is crippling amounts of money, and once you get the ID if you never lose it you do not have to do this again.

Really, the DNC collects huge amounts of money, how hard would it be for them to shell out the couple of bucks if they really thought it would be a boundary for someone to vote for obama?

Forum List

Back