Disgruntled Workers Switch ID's of Alzheimer Patients

the id switching is quickly solved....the alf my mother is in...takes pictures of the patients and puts them in their med files...plus the staff knows the patients ..the band switching is merely an annoyance

Yea but in the meantime people can get the wrong meds and die. There is no excuse for that behavior.

There is no excuse if they actually did this, which I am not too sure they did.
As for the meds, they are not going to put someone who doesn't know the residents on passing meds. And if they do, and they don't follow the patient's five rights or whatever check list the state has in place, they have even more problems then what these people did.

The five rights most places follow to ensure less med errors are:
1) Right Patient 2) Right Route 3) Right Dose 4) Right Time 5) Right Medication

So what you are saying is that management of these places were so distanced from the patients that they had no idea who their patients were?

The union workers actions were unconscionable and your deflections and excuses on their behalf is reprehensible. You're lower than dirt JoeB.

Let's remember they have not proven the staff did this. I have met some disgruntled caregivers, but they usually have a problem management but love the resident.
I would wait for actual proof before being quick to judge these people.

Regardless: joeb is saying it's okay to jeopardize people's lives for this particular union cause.

Forum List

Back