"Discredited" Benghazi Whistleblower Disappears

I'll call you what you are and you ain't my friend.
The president as commander and chief oversees embassy operations insure security SOP are in place.

Good, you SHOULD call it as you see it. :clap2:

Now, I'm asking YOU a VERY SPECIFIC question - is everything that happens on Obama's watch as president his fault? Requests were made for safety? I imagine that happens all day, every day.

The pres handles security? I would imagine that matters as small as an individual embassy would be delegated to a much lower level. I would also imagine that most of the security would be provided by the foreign nation ... kind of like we do here in the states.

The POTUS is ultimately responsible for the nation's security.

LBJ decided not to run for re-election during Nam because he felt campaigning was taking too much of his time he felt needed to be devoted to running the war and the country.

Apparently Obama feels his # 1 mission is to campaign. He could care less about anything else, other than his brackets and getting jerseys from sports teams........and golf.

I'll call you what you are and you ain't my friend.
The president as commander and chief oversees embassy operations insure security SOP are in place.

Now, I'm asking YOU a VERY SPECIFIC question - is everything that happens on Obama's watch as president his fault? Requests were made for safety? I imagine that happens all day, every day.

The pres handles security? I would imagine that matters as small as an individual embassy would be delegated to a much lower level. I would also imagine that most of the security would be provided by the foreign nation ... kind of like we do here in the states.

LBJ decided not to run for re-election during Nam because he felt campaigning was taking too much of his time he felt needed to be devoted to running the war and the country.

Apparently Obama feels his # 1 mission is to campaign. He could care less about anything else, other than his brackets and getting jerseys from sports teams........and golf.

Golf??? Grown men are still having that conversation? No one died on LBJ's watch, eh?

Golf??? Grown men are still having that conversation? No one died on LBJ's watch, eh?

Vietnam happen on his watch stupid. is your middle name?

Vietnam happen on his watch stupid. is your middle name?

That was EXACTLY my point, Mr. Hawking.

1364165139234_zps5f607048.jpg

Last edited:
That was EXACTLY my point, Mr. Hawking.

1364165139234_zps5f607048.jpg

My point is LBJ took the heat for Vietnam.

Obama takes the heat for nothing.

Figure it out.......

Obama took no heat for Benghazi? I would not know that by peeking online at the 30,000 Obama - Benghazi blogs!

He said it was a video.

His whereabouts on that night seem to be classified. He will not allow eye witnesses to testify before Congress. He calls it a "phony scandal". He refuses to punish perps even though he promised to do so. CNN did more investigating than his FBI has. They even found the prime suspect and interviewed him.

He said it was a video.

His whereabouts on that night seem to be classified. He will not allow eye witnesses to testify before Congress. He calls it a "phony scandal". He refuses to punish perps even though he promised to do so. CNN did more investigating than his FBI has. They even found the prime suspect and interviewed him.

*Time Zone

In Washington DC, it was 4:40 AM when the fighting in Benghazi broke out. By 6:00AM the president was being briefed.

Where was he? He was on it pretty quick, it seems.

He said it was a video.

*Time Zone

In Washington DC, it was 4:40 AM when the fighting in Benghazi broke out. By 6:00AM the president was being briefed.

Where was he? He was on it pretty quick, it seems.

Here's the problem, Congress has oversight. The White House, as they have done with everything else, refuses to answer reasonable questions.

Where Was the president when this was going on?
Why didn't anyone know where he was from the time he was briefed till the next morning?
Why wasn't help sent to Benghazi when requested?
Why did the White House falsely claim it was a video that caused a riot when they knew within minutes it was an organized attack on the consulate?
Why did the White House send Susan Rice on 5 different Sunday Morning talk shows several days later with a phony story about rioters and disturbing videos when they knew it was a planned attack that had nothing to do with a video?
Why hasn't one eye-witness been allowed to testify before Congress in over a year?

Need I go on?

Where Was the president when this was going on?

He was asleep, probably - it was 4:40 in the AM - by 6:00 AM he was being breifed.
How many ******* times do I have to answer this?

Why didn't anyone know where he was from the time he was briefed till the next morning?

He gave a speech at the Pentagon at some point.

[ame=http://youtu.be/tLjrMCSHzpo]President Obama Gives Speech at Pentagon Memorial Site - September 11, 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Why wasn't help sent to Benghazi when requested?

Who's responsible for security at an embassy -- the host country or the embassy itself?

There's a dual responsibility. Under the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations, the host country is responsible for security of embassies. However, experience has taught the Americans that they can't rely on the host country to do that. They've experienced big losses in places like Kuwait, and Beirut a couple of times, even in Islamabad, Pakistan, when it was burnt to the ground. So they've learned they need to establish their own security bureaucracy to take care of that, and the Diplomatic Security Service (or law enforcement arm of the State Department) came into being in the mid-1980s.

What can be done to step up security at U.S. embassies?

One of the things you can do is draw down on personnel, which is what they did in Libya. They had an ordered departure, where they had nonessential personnel, family members and dependents evacuated from the country. The other thing is to draw down American personnel from vulnerable facilities like Benghazi and leave the local personnel in charge of the facility to conduct business because they are less of a target. They can increase the local police and military presence outside the perimeter. They can also bring in additional Marines like they have done now in Tripoli.

Which embassies have a Marine presence?

It's usually at the larger facilities, like Sanaa, Yemen, and Cairo, Egypt. At the smaller consulates and sometimes at smaller embassies, you don't have Marines stationed there. It depends on the post, the number of Americans there and the amount of classified information that needs to be protected. And sometimes even the political sensibilities of the country.

Which embassies are most at risk of attacks?

The State Department looks at that carefully. When you look at the profile of what happened in Benghazi, it was a recently established facility in a place where the bureaucracy hadn't caught up with it yet. So Congress hadn't appropriated money and the Bureau of Overseas Buildings Operations didn't have the opportunity to really plan and build a new facility there that meets security specifications. Anytime you have a new embassy in that kind of situation, you don't really have any real security. Places that are new, like in South Sudan, which is a new country, might have issues. A well-established facility in the Middle East can be attacked -- as we've seen in Cairo and Sanaa -- but when it's a well-built, well-fortified structure, it's much more difficult to impact.

Why did the White House falsely claim it was a video that caused a riot when they knew within minutes it was an organized attack on the consulate?

Really? They knew this because ???
Okay, but that McClatchy report quoted above also says that a few days after the attacks administration officials started putting more emphasis on the "Innocence of Muslims" video. Why? It had nothing to do with the Benghazi attacks.

That's not what locals said. As David Kirkpatrick reports: "To Libyans who witnessed the assault and know the attackers, there is little doubt what occurred: a well-known group of local Islamist militants struck the United States Mission without any warning or protest, and they did it in retaliation for the video…The fighters said at the time that they were moved to act because of the video, which had first gained attention across the region after a protest in Egypt that day."

Why did the White House send Susan Rice on 5 different Sunday Morning talk shows several days later with a phony story about rioters and disturbing videos when they knew it was a planned attack that had nothing to do with a video?

Susan Rice did five talk shows in one morning???

Why hasn't one eye-witness been allowed to testify before Congress in over a year?

Because they weren’t asked to?

Forum List

Back