Dinner Table Discussions

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
What is your normal family dinner table discussion?
do you even have dinner at the table anymore?
How about when you were growing up?

Our dinner table (when I was growing up) was like "Comedy Central" and no topic was forbidden....

normal topics included potty humor, humorous insults to various people at the table depending on what was going on, mockery, and, occasionally an actual shared story of interest - if the food was bad, normally something was done with it (like putting it in an ear or nose - or building something out of it....)

What is dinner conversation like in the Bonzi house? All dildos, vibrators, and sad disappointment?

now? not at the table. in the living room watching TV or talking about family or friend issues etc. pretty tame stuff.....

I see movies and TV shows where the dinner table is silent and formal. Don't think I could hack that!

family style

no matter how many family members are in attendance

any topic to including famous fart stories are okay

family style

My grandmother was notorious for those (and for displaying her skills also) - my grandfather hated it!
My brother was the one that would start saying outrageous stuff or putting food in his ears or nose if things got too quiet....

sad disappointment

more like mad disappointment - but that was when my sister gave me the worst haircut of my life.
I'm pretty sure she did it on purpose!

family style

My grandmother was notorious for those (and for displaying her skills also) - my grandfather hated it!
My brother was the one that would start saying outrageous stuff or putting food in his ears or nose if things got too quiet....

dinner time is supposed to be a fun time a time to make memories

I agree. I'm afraid it was not as memorable for my kids. I rag on my parents, but, my Mom really did give us a great environment to grow up in. My family was pretty wacky, but it was fun, we were provided for and "overall" I had a pretty normal suburban upbringing. I'm should be more grateful.

I was a single Mom for a long time so dinner was often thrown together with a lot of scrambling in the evening....

I agree. I'm afraid it was not as memorable for my kids. I rag on my parents, but, my Mom really did give us a great environment to grow up in. My family was pretty wacky, but it was fun, we were provided for and "overall" I had a pretty normal suburban upbringing. I'm should be more grateful.

I was a single Mom for a long time so dinner was often thrown together with a lot of scrambling in the evening....

when i was a kid i was the last one out of the nest my brothers and sister are much older then i am

back then it was usually just mom dad and myself and sometimes the the neighbor kid

i grew up in the country on a lake so i had an adventurous time

We always discuss James Otto at my dinner table

Doesn't everyone?

We always discuss James Otto at my dinner table

Doesn't everyone?
Thank you so much for mentioning one of my most favorite singers! :) :) :)

God bless you and James always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. I know I haven't said much about him lately. Sadly there hasn't been much to say because James is currently still working on his next set of new songs.

Forum List

Back