Dinesh D’souza Sentenced To Re-education Camp

another take on it:

SNIP:
Go Get Em, Dinesh!
September 24th, 2014

It is not true to say the government of the United States charged Dinesh D’Souza with criticizing the president. It charged him with campaign finance fraud BECAUSE he criticized the president. Dinesh admits he committed the error — a $20,000 mistake deserving of a slap on the wrist and a fine. But this exceedingly creepy administration leapt on the indiscretion and attempted to get D’Souza thrown in the slammer for up to a year a half — all because D’Souza’s hit film, 2016: Obama’s America, insightfully dissected the president’s psychology to find what D’Souza calls The Roots of Obama’s Rage.

Rage is right. A year and a half in prison would have kept D’Souza from making a new film for the next election cycle. Fortunately, however, U.S. District Court Judge Richard Berman rejected the government’s case and instead gave the filmmaker something like what he deserved: a stern talking to, a fine, eight months in a community confinement center and five years probation. All of which means the man can go on doing what he does: writing intelligent books and making entertaining films about our current politics.

Go get em, Dinesh! And shame on the “mainstream” press who cheered the government on in this vendetta. And shame too on those conservatives who didn’t stand up for the guy in his hour of need, saying, “Well, he did break the law, after all.” That’s crap. D’Souza did wrong, I don’t deny that and neither does he, but the feds came after him like they were crossing the Rhine for what was essentially a moral misdemeanor. If it had happened under a Republican administration to someone like Paul Krugman, whose every word is a moral misdemeanor not to mention a logical felony, the mass media mind would have exploded with indignation. And they’d have been right.

This was disgusting stuff, made right by an honest judge. Good for his honor. And good for D’Souza. And good for us.

Klavan On The Culture Go Get Em Dinesh

Oh, a right-wing blog! Good source.

How does this blogger know that the DOJ investigated D'Souza because of his film? Answer: he doesn't. It's conspiracy theory talk.

D'Souza committed a crime, got caught, and pleaded guilty. Why are you defending his crime? Aren't you a conservative? And aren't you being hypocritical?

It is a blog by award winning and best selling author and screenwriter, Andrew Klavan.

Logical fallacy: Argument from authority.

It doesn't matter if he is a best-selling writer, he is still speculating without any real evidence.

What is the pattern you identified in this prosecution?

If you haven't then its understandable why you are posting so ignorantly.

The pattern of the Obama regime is to punish those who criticize him in public.

The pattern of case precedents shows NO ONE has been tried (or was that 'convicted') on the exact charges Dinesh was. That means there is NO PATTERN.

The pattern of the defendant. He is a first time offender. His pattern is that of a law abiding, upstanding citizen. Which means he has NO PATTERN of law breaking and little likelihood of recidivism.

The Pattern demonstrated by the execution of the crime. It was sloppy throughout. Haphazard. Spur of the moment. Without pre-meditation. There was no intent to break the law. It was a lapse in judgement.

Hell, Liberals experience that sensation constantly and every day!

Not intending to break the law, or even ignorance of the law, does not excuse a criminal act.

Look it up if you don't believe me.

Why are you defending a criminal act? Could it be partisanship? Whatever it is, it's hypocritical. D'Souza, unlike many of the conservatives in this thread, has recognized his personal responsibility for his actions.

Last edited:
It's official now. There is no crime that any conservative can commit which the ODSers won't auto-excuse. Their descent into slime-covered partisan corruption is complete.

ODS, it rots both the brain and the soul. Friends don't let friends get sucked into the ODS cult.

Comrade; you do realize this is a "crime" on the level of a speeding ticket, right?

It's not like he set up an extortion racket to harass legal business who do business other legal businesses the administration doesn't like; or felonious acts of the sort.

Now about the extortionist in chief, and his Shock Collar, I'm sure you'll spend pages condemning their criminal acts, I mean, unless you're a fucking hypocrite....

Can you name these criminal acts? Because it seems the House of Representatives wants to take no action due to lack of evidence that would convict anyone in the Obama administration. If there are so many criminal acts that of been committed by the Obama administration, one would think that the opposition party represented by the leaders of the GOP in Congress would gladly prosecute and convict with all of the damning evidence. Because there is no evidence to support your claims, I must assume that your claims are baseless.

If the Obama or anyone in his administration were to be convicted of any crimes, I would be disappointed by the failings of our system of government. But you, and any partisan dogmatics, would be gleeful to find failings in a government by the people for the people.

I trust that system of government set up by our founding fathers. It's too bad you don't.

that little, rw, pencil-necked, geek is lucky he got house arrest. Anyone else would be in the pen for a fed crime like that

Wow so he stated something that every AG has had since their inception....yawn...

He stated that he is Obama's Shock Collar and that the law is a tool to use against enemies of the Regime. Holder does not enforce the law against those loyal to the regime, but will use every resource against enemies - including those which are felonies by Holder himself - such as his extortion racket against ammunition makers.

Barack Obama is a criminal, Eric Holder is his shock collar. D'Souza deserves to be fined for violating the law - regardless of how stupid and unjust that law is.

Holder and Obama belong in prison for life for the myriad crimes they have committed and continue to commit.
God willing, the next republican President will put Obama and Holder in Leavenworth for Life.
Both Obama and Holder will be long gone before we see our next Republican President
Thank goodness. Holder will be gone way before obamashitforbrains also, finally one idiot gone.

So the crowd that's been screaming "VOTER FRAUD" the loudest in recent years is defending voter fraud?

Color me unsurprised.

He committed a violation of a statute that is malum prohibitum, not malum in se. In other words, the offense was "wrong" because a statute says it is wrong, not because it is wrong in and of itself (I,e., murder, rape, assault, etc...). His violation is more akin to a speeding ticket than one that would reasonably evoke moral outrage. Thus, the government's attempt to get a prison term was outrageous and absurd. Obviously politics are involved. This should be self evident. However, not very much is ever obvious to a leftist, save for the absurd conclusions they draw from their contrived world view. I truly wish that nobody - even liberals - ever has to experience the full frontal assault of a career-minded federal prosecutor with unlimited resources and time on his or her hands. I never have, and I would not wish that on my worst enemy.

You are being hypocritical.

Illegal immigration is the same kind of crime.

I have not said one thing here about immigration. Thus, you lack any evidence whatsoever of hypocrisy on my part. Drawing conclusions without any evidence is a characteristic of a true nut job. Why would you do this? Because you are assuming I am a stereotypical Republican and that my views on this filmmaker are inconsistent with your views of the views held by your perception of a stereotypical Republican? That is an insane clusterfuck of assumptions, conjecture and irrationality.

Do you wear a straight jacket? Are you dangerous? Do you think that when the moon and sun disappear from the sky they are off plotting against you? Do you believe that combustion engines are fueled by the color blue?

Maybe I am being too hard on you. Perhaps you are not suffering from a psychological or emotional impairment. Maybe you are just stupid. Maybe you are so fucking dip-shit dumb that in your estimation there is nothing wrong with accusing me of being a hypocrite on immigration law and politics notwithstanding the fact that I have never espoused my views of the same on this forum.

Were you visited by some divine being that told you my views on immigration? If you were then either that being is stupid or he is misleading you because my views on immigration law and politics are nowhere near what your feeble brain is telling you that they are.

To wrap up, your comment has compelled the completely rational and obvious conclusion that you are one stupid motherfucker. Are you here posting because real human beings flee from your presence lest they be sucked into the vortex of one of your pathetically simplistic and utterly idiotic diatribes about politics? Whatever the case, do the world a favor and go get run over by a bus, fuckhead.

Whoa, dude.

You're right. I did make an assumption about you and I realize that it was incorrect to do so. I apologize. People make mistakes. People often make unwarranted assumptions about others.

But, man are you pissed. What's that all about? It doesn't seem to be on equal response to a simple mistake on a message board.

Apology accepted.

[
people who pay the most taxes while getting no additional governmental benefits ought to have that ability

and BTW its not like the rich are on one side. Big government assholes are prevalent. They want more government so they can have more power

my side-rich despite the government

your side-rich because of the government

Uh, guy, the only ones getting "rich" from government are the ones selling overpriced weapons for wars we don't need to fight. That's all on you fools.

[
people who pay the most taxes while getting no additional governmental benefits ought to have that ability

and BTW its not like the rich are on one side. Big government assholes are prevalent. They want more government so they can have more power

Uh, guy, the only ones getting "rich" from government are the ones selling overpriced weapons for wars we don't need to fight. That's all on you fools.
No that's on the idiot in the WH.

[

more moronic hysterical fairy Obama Fluffery

So the crowd that's been screaming "VOTER FRAUD" the loudest in recent years is defending voter fraud?

Color me unsurprised.

Before anyone else jumps on this, I'm gonna just say, "my bad", since this particualar case isn't about voter fraud

Once again the criminals or the right on the usmb are defending another criminal because ideology and nothing more.

It's not even embarrassing anymore...just sad.

Wow so he stated something that every AG has had since their inception....yawn...

He stated that he is Obama's Shock Collar and that the law is a tool to use against enemies of the Regime. Holder does not enforce the law against those loyal to the regime, but will use every resource against enemies - including those which are felonies by Holder himself - such as his extortion racket against ammunition makers.

Barack Obama is a criminal, Eric Holder is his shock collar. D'Souza deserves to be fined for violating the law - regardless of how stupid and unjust that law is.

Holder and Obama belong in prison for life for the myriad crimes they have committed and continue to commit.
God willing, the next republican President will put Obama and Holder in Leavenworth for Life.
Both Obama and Holder will be long gone before we see our next Republican President
Thank goodness. Holder will be gone way before obamashitforbrains also, finally one idiot gone.

Except that I read recently that his replacement is likely to be the prosecutor who charged and tried D'Souza.

Except that I read recently that his replacement is likely to be the prosecutor who charged and tried D'Souza.

Payment for services rendered.

Forum List

Back