Dimwit Biden wants to bring back the very worst part of Obamacare, the individual mandate

You can’t have mandatory coverage of preexisting conditions without a mandate to maintain coverage

Pre-existing conditions don't require insurance, they require treatment. Attempting to force them into insurance screws up the whole system.

They require a different system altogether.

So what should be done with those that have them.

Take my son, he is 17 and been a Type 1 diabetic for 7 years. Eventually he will have to come off my insurance.

What should come of him when I can no longer cover him on my policy?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

You can’t have mandatory coverage of preexisting conditions without a mandate to maintain coverage

Pre-existing conditions don't require insurance, they require treatment. Attempting to force them into insurance screws up the whole system.

Exactly right. If someone's home burns in a fire and they don't have insurance, we don't offer to sell them a policy to cover it. If we help them, we're just going to provide shelter in one way or another.

The event has already happened, insurance after the fact is an inappropriate response.

I never supported the PPACA including the individual mandate. At least, it was an attempt at a corrective measure. With that being said it was up to the GOP to present a viable alternative for President Trump to sign. They had both houses and the WH, so there is no excuse. Denigrating PPACA and calling for repeal by itself is a fools errand.

Last edited:

Take my son, he is 17 and been a Type 1 diabetic for 7 years. Eventually he will have to come off my insurance.

Hopefully, your son is working and earning a living and can take care of his own needs in a few years. If he's indigent and unable to take care of himself, we do have a program called Medicaid for destitute Americans. America is replete with all kinds of charity programs for impoverished people.

Hopefully, your son is working and earning a living and can take care of his own needs in a few years. If he's indigent and unable to take care of himself, we do have a program called Medicaid for destitute Americans. America is replete with all kinds of charity programs for impoverished people.

If he is denied insurance due to a condition that is no fault of his own, affording the cost of the drug that keeps him alive would require one hell of a salary.

How does one pay for treatment?

Didn't Roberts rule the mandate was a tax, leaving the question how can you tax somebody for not doing something (buying insurance)?

How does one pay for treatment?

If someone is indigent and can't pay for their own care, then its the business of private or public charity concerns, RW.

Nothing really fantastically new about this solution, which has been around for a long ass time.

But the one thing you don't do, is you don't disrupt the medical care of the vast majority of Non-indigent people.

If he is denied insurance due to a condition that is no fault of his own, affording the cost of the drug that keeps him alive would require one hell of a salary.

Trump is working on the price of prescription drugs. My wife is an RN and she said that the cost of insulin today is ridiculous.
Historic Look at Insulin Prices and Access | DiabetesMine
There is no justification for the price gouging.
Should Trump "nationalize" insulin production and provide it "at cost"?? Alternatives are importing or price controls based on global pricing....

InsulinPricesDecadesChart.png

Similar price gouging for the Epi-Pen:
mi49yyc4eml21.jpg

Obamacare is a disaster. You pay premiums and then you pay the $10,000 deductible before getting any coverage!! Its extortion!! Healthcare was better before Obamacare.

Trump is working on the price of prescription drugs. My wife is an RN and she said that the cost of insulin today is ridiculous.
Should Trump "nationalize" insulin production and provide it "at cost"?? Alternatives are importing or price controls based on global pricing....

mi49yyc4eml21.jpg

Obamacare is a disaster. You pay premiums and then you pay the $10,000 deductible before getting any coverage!! Its extortion!! Healthcare was better before Obamacare.

I don't know how drugs are priced at all, but I think we have the right man to deal with the issue in Donald J. Trump.

The price for Seconal is like $30 a capsule, for a sleeping pill. Unbelievable, as they have been making it for many decades and there are a lot of other sleeping medications out there like librium and valium that are a whole lot cheaper.

mi49yyc4eml21.jpg

My wife is also an RN, plus we have been buying insulin for 7 years, I know all about the prices.

Yes, ObamaCare made things much worse...and it is still the law of the land

And no, we should not nationalize anything.

what a huge waste of time and $$$ Obamacare is/was
1. enacting it/changing the laws--tax laws/etc !!!!!
2. TAXING/fining people that didn't have insurance
3.spending tax $$$$ on advertisements
etc etc

and:
millions spent for -------------------------NOTHING!! for people to do-----------------------------NOTHING!!
from a VERY Democratic news site:
that employees at the tax-funded Affordable Care Act processing center in Wentzville were being paid to do little or no work, former employees said Thursday.

And the Missouri facility wasn’t the only one.
Employees: No work at Obamacare processing centers, and bosses knew

etc etc

and:
millions spent for -------------------------NOTHING!! for people to do-----------------------------NOTHING!!
that employees at the tax-funded Affordable Care Act processing center in Wentzville were being paid to do little or no work, former employees said Thursday.

The real problem with the ACA was that instead of addressing the problem, they used the ACA structure to inconvenience as many people as possible. New taxes, new mandates, new requirements, and all for people that didn't have the problem that O'care was supposed to be correcting.

It would have been a lot easier and cheaper to set up more charity hospitals for the indigent who were dying in the streets, and leave everyone else alone.

etc etc

and:

The real problem with the ACA was that instead of addressing the problem, they used the ACA structure to inconvenience as many people as possible. New taxes, new mandates, new requirements, and all for people that didn't have the problem that O'care was supposed to be correcting.

It would have been a lot easier and cheaper to set up more charity hospitals for the indigent who were dying in the streets, and leave everyone else alone.

But the real purpose of ACA wasn't to alleviate suffering. It was to get a "foot in the door" toward socializing health care.

Forum List

Back