Digital TV Ignorance ...

KittenKoder

Sep 21, 2008
Nowhere
They are REALLY conning everyone with this crap, and they conned us out of millions in taxes as well (wonder who got all that ...). My 1998 TV can even read the digital signal just fine. LOL

We can also send text message's with our minds, so why not digital tv signals too?

Again, another $$$$ saving tip!

One thing, if we were to work on anything dealing with the mind we will have to ditch this dead-end digital crap totally, since the brain uses analog anyway. Life is analog, not digital, for a reason: two state logic cannot handle the complexities of reality.

One thing, if we were to work on anything dealing with the mind we will have to ditch this dead-end digital crap totally, since the brain uses analog anyway. Life is analog, not digital, for a reason: two state logic cannot handle the complexities of reality.

Man you sound like a rerun of Gunny when he was a little boy in his star trek days.....he would have liked you....your so "logical"....:cool:

They are REALLY conning everyone with this crap, and they conned us out of millions in taxes as well (wonder who got all that ...). My 1998 TV can even read the digital signal just fine. LOL
Do you also have comcast or direct tv? Because if so that is why you have a signal! It only really affects people who use rabbit ears!
By the way I think they have given out something like 40 or more million coupons and only 18 million have used them so far so they have stopped giving out the coupons for right now but you can get on a waiting list!

Do you also have comcast or direct tv? Because if so that is why you have a signal! It only really affects people who use rabbit ears!
By the way I think they have given out something like 40 or more million coupons and only 18 million have used them so far so they have stopped giving out the coupons for right now but you can get on a waiting list!

Rabbit ears ... broadcast only. I won't pay for TV anymore than we were already forced to (where do you think the money for those coupons came from). It's a con job someone conned the government into getting involved to steal tax money from us. I have an old TV that I keep together with electrical tape, it has a built in VHS (oh yeah, memories) player.

Also, a lot of the coupons given out expired and they won't re-issue them (so the company that makes the boxes got the money without free and clear from out taxes).

Bottom line: Most people will not have to get the stupid signal boosters (that's what they really are oddly) because even TV's as old as 1998 will likely have the digital chips in them already. They conned our government, the people who manufacture the chips, and are getting away with it. This is the WORST time to be wasting money on cons, they are stealing money from all of us as tax payers and for something that isn't even needed.

Bottom line: Most people will not have to get the stupid signal boosters (that's what they really are oddly) because even TV's as old as 1998 will likely have the digital chips in them already. They conned our government, the people who manufacture the chips, and are getting away with it. This is the WORST time to be wasting money on cons, they are stealing money from all of us as tax payers and for something that isn't even needed.
I'm glad Obama at least wants to delay the change. My TV is from 1986 and I can't get a coupon. I'm on the lookout for a newer tv before I buy any equipment. It's good to know your '98 set has the chip. Maybe I'll be lucky enough not to have to buy anything.

I'm glad Obama at least wants to delay the change. My TV is from 1986 and I can't get a coupon. I'm on the lookout for a newer tv before I buy any equipment. It's good to know your '98 set has the chip. Maybe I'll be lucky enough not to have to buy anything.

Well ... Obama is doing one thing right at least, but even then, it's already too late thanks to the last congress, the money is gone, money we could have used to pay of ... oh I don't know ... some of the national debt, perhaps boost the economy, etc.. Go to Goodwill, I know that all TV's from 2000 or later have them.

I would buy a tv right now with the after christmas clearance prices. I was at Kmart and they are already quite a bit cheaper plus Kmart still has layaway. I am thinking about buying a new one even though I have comcast.
My parents do also but my watches tv in the garage while she paints and she wasn't able to get a coupon. The boxes are also only 42 bucks at places like Kmart and Walmart and they do make the picture better.

I would buy a tv right now with the after christmas clearance prices. I was at Kmart and they are already quite a bit cheaper plus Kmart still has layaway. I am thinking about buying a new one even though I have comcast.
My parents do also but my watches tv in the garage while she paints and she wasn't able to get a coupon. The boxes are also only 42 bucks at places like Kmart and Walmart and they do make the picture better.

The boxes are signal amplifiers, they have been available for analog since the 80's, these just specialize in only digital signals so in reality you are paying more for less capability. Just another part of the con. They don't actually make anything better than the TV is already capable of, they just amplify the signal they receive so the TV can get more of it. Really though, anyone who wants a perfect signal should just get cable anyway.

The boxes are signal amplifiers, they have been available for analog since the 80's, these just specialize in only digital signals so in reality you are paying more for less capability. Just another part of the con. They don't actually make anything better than the TV is already capable of, they just amplify the signal they receive so the TV can get more of it. Really though, anyone who wants a perfect signal should just get cable anyway.

they're not amplifiers; they're D/A converters.
once again, you have no idea what you're bloviating about.

i'm stunned.:eusa_eh:

Up here in Maine, they have been running ads on tv for nearly 3-4 months now, telling us about the conversion to digital and how to get a government coupon for 2 digital converters. I sent out for them and got the coupons last month....but still have not gotten the converters.

They said on the news last night that the conversion may not take place in February as planned because alot of people here who rely on public television do not have these converter boxes yet.

a new tv campaign has just started talking about getting a good digital antenna for your tv in addition to the converter box, if you don't have cable or satelite tv.

MY QUESTION IS: I have a stereo in the kitchen that has a cd player and TV, Weather radio, fm/am radio....

Will my stereo in the kitchen not give me TV BAND and the local tv stations once the conversion takes place? And can one of these converter boxes work on a Stereo with TV band?

Care

Up here in Maine, they have been running ads on tv for nearly 3-4 months now, telling us about the conversion to digital and how to get a government coupon for 2 digital converters. I sent out for them and got the coupons last month....but still have not gotten the converters.

They said on the news last night that the conversion may not take place in February as planned because alot of people here who rely on public television do not have these converter boxes yet.

a new tv campaign has just started talking about getting a good digital antenna for your tv in addition to the converter box, if you don't have cable or satelite tv.

MY QUESTION IS: I have a stereo in the kitchen that has a cd player and TV, Weather radio, fm/am radio....

Will my stereo in the kitchen not give me TV BAND and the local tv stations once the conversion takes place? And can one of these converter boxes work on a Stereo with TV band?

Care

The great digital conversion giveaway plan fell through cause there just isn't any money to pay for the damn thing. Doesn't the stereo in you kitchen have a TV and thereby already receives TV band ? The problem is if it will receive the CORRECT TV Band. (digital)

Care
Care, how old is it? Apparently some TVs made as far back as 1998 are already outfitted with the necessary chips, converter, whatever. If you still have the owner's manual, it should say so.

they're not amplifiers; they're D/A converters.
once again, you have no idea what you're bloviating about.

i'm stunned.:eusa_eh:

*rae* Um ... yeah. They are signal amplifiers with one extra part, the digital to analog conversion. As I said, my TV is from 1998 and doesn't need one to get the digital signal, though the digital signal is weaker than the analog signal so I may need an amplifier to get all the stations once this wasted switch is made. Just because I won't waste my time to over explain everything to a bunch of MB posters doesn't mean I don't know what I am talking about, though the accusation does show that you know less but wish to boost your own ego. Look into the technology more yourself, again I will not explain it all because again, it's a waste of time and not nearly as much fun.

Forum List

Back