Digital addictions now surpass alcohol and drugs

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Digital Addictions Now Surpass Alcohol and Drugs

If you can’t seem to resist a scroll through your Facebook or Instagram feed during working hours, or if you feel anxious when you can’t check your smartphone or have no signal, you might need a digital intervention. In the last few years, social media users who find it impossible to stay off their devices when they would like to resist them are seeking treatment via professionals. And they’re responding.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

That isn't a hard one to see. Esp. younger twenty somethings, then you have the schools helping to create even deeper addictions by using Ipads and or computers in schools. There is more behind it than the average UNINFORMED Denialist even realizes. Even something as small as flicker rates that keep you in a trance you don't even know is happening. It's all in medical documents.
==================================================================

Steve Jobs knew what it would do he wouldn't even allow his own kids to use an Ipad.

upload_2017-4-18_21-6-33.png

Psychologist Thomas Mulholland found that after just 30 seconds of watching television the brain begins to produce alpha waves, which indicates torpid (almost comatose) rates of activity. Alpha brain waves are associated with unfocused, overly receptive states of consciousness. A high occurrence of alpha wave activity does not occur normally when the eyes are open. In fact, Mulholland’s research implies that watching television is neurologically analogous to staring at a blank wall. It’s worth noting that the goal of hypnotists is to induce slow brain wave states. Alpha waves are present during the ‘light hypnotic’ state used by hypnotherapists for suggestion therapy.

The only time that I go online when I am at work is before I start, while I am on my break, and when I am done.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I'm on my computer 20 hours a day, no social media, while I do sometimes get "bored" when my computer isn't available (power outages and the like) I'm certainly not "catatonic" On the other hand social media (and those small online games on like FB and stuff) intentionally use audible psychology to encourage you to come back, click more, etc. but that's a completely different field.

Though to be fair, I'm legit immune to the audible psychology because of my synesthesia. I suppose it's possible that I'm also immune to the computer/tv effects for the same reason - watching TV is quite an experience for me, all the sights, sounds, and smells are a bit... annoying I suppose. It's why I tend to only watch science shows, if I'm concentrating on thinking about what the show is saying it kind of pushes the aftereffects into the back of my mind. I will say it's kind of a running joke that my husband and I can't share a TV because he likes to come home and watch "mindless" TV heh

And here you are, staring at the screen on your computer, hours on end every day. LOL

...Spamming the forum with clickbait from infowars and endtimesheadlines like a monkey on crack

Wassamatter, fuckface? Links that don't tout the leftard clown posse of commie agenda gets you all butt-hurt? If you don't like the OP's links, why do you click on them? Are you too helpless? Lack of self-control? Someone bigger than you is twisting your arm and making you? (snicker)

Forum List

Back