Did you see McCain on Fox? Topic was "Game Change"

When McCain was told what Schmitt said about it being accurate McCain said he "regrets those remarks". If he thought it was false wouldnt he say so? Wouldn't he refute the comments with his version?

He didn't. He sat there and had no liberal to blame. *crickets*

McCain didn't want to call him a liar.

I think McCain needs to say what's on his mind rather than be nice to his enemies.

See? No matter what McCain or anyone SAYS you'll just say you THINK they really meant something completely different than their words. I don't know mccains wants (didn't want to call him a liar) but McCain didn't call him a liar. If McCain could've he would've. Why wouldn't he correct the record? Being nice is more important than his reputation?

McCain does not want to admit he made the wrong call and created a monster. Sarah Palin is everything John McCain is not. McCain is more interested in doing what is right than what your party wants. Palin envisions herself as the next Ronald Reagan

I think McCain needs to say what's on his mind rather than be nice to his enemies.

See? No matter what McCain or anyone SAYS you'll just say you THINK they really meant something completely different than their words. I don't know mccains wants (didn't want to call him a liar) but McCain didn't call him a liar. If McCain could've he would've. Why wouldn't he correct the record? Being nice is more important than his reputation?

McCain does not want to admit he made the wrong call and created a monster. Sarah Palin is everything John McCain is not. McCain is more interested in doing what is right than what your party wants. Palin envisions herself as the next Ronald Reagan

McCain's a mixed bag..but overall I like the guy. Palin?

Oh man.

Steve Schmitt is a liar. It was his job to vett Palin. He says Palin was fucked up and it's not his fault that got by him. Sounds like he's ether trying to cover his own ass or he never wanted McCain to win in the first place.

I think he liked McCain and wanted him to win. But I also think he wanted so badly to give the campaign a big boost, that he did not really see to it that SP was properly vetted. He admitted that it was his fault there were so many problems with her because he was the one that chose her. So he was pretty honest, I think. Especially when confronted by Nicolle Wallace.

Course that's not what McCain says. I guess there is no proof of all of this. All I know is there is video evidence of him saying he thought she was the best choice they could have made, that she energized the McCain campaign, she did really well in the debate against Biden.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCo4cnA2Ez4&feature=player_embedded]Game Change We Can Believe In - YouTube[/ame]

The movie did show that she energized the campaign, gave a good speech at the convention, and did well in the debate. But then it did show how they came to the decision that she had not been the best choice.

I came away from the movie liking Sara Palin less than I do now, but I also came away liking and respecting John McCain more than I had before.

She thought Saddam attacked us on 9/11 :lol: That Repub brainwashing talking points work dont they?

I thought the worst thing she said was that Queen Elizabeth ran the English government and not the Prime Minister. That was really surprising. Who did she think Tony Blair was, I wonder??

Are you quoting the movie, or what she actually said?

If you're using a direct quote provide a link.

No, from the movie, and what Steve Schmidt said on Morning Joe.

Well, she is a good actress. Repeated those canned debate answers perfectly. Now I know why she had those notes written on her hand.

Okay, we're supposed to believe that some liberals made a factual and fair movie about the woman the left has been brutally picking on since day one?

Okay, we're supposed to believe that some liberals made a factual and fair movie about the woman the left has been brutally picking on since day one?

Liberals??? I don't think Steve Schmidt and Nicolle Wallace are liberals. They have both confirmed that the content of the movie is factual. Why the right does not accept this is very curious.

It was Based on what some conservatives on McCains campaign recalled about her

Of course, any one who has something uncomplimentary about Palin is, by definition, lying

Last edited:
I saw parts of the piece of shit joke everyone is mistaking for a movie. No fair minded person would be defending it, period.

Is the last line in the movie "She will fade away and no one will remember they ever heard of her." Or something to that effect.

No one complained about the book being wrong on anything until the movie presented the book in all its gory details. Now what conclusion can one draw from that? Americans don't read? Palin and McCain don't read? I wish the language were a bit subdued as this would be great on network TV, the real way elections are fought. Lots of work and drudgery for sure. I have to go back and check out David Foster Wallace's piece on McCain's fight with Bush Jr.

I thought McCain came off OK in 'Game Change,' Palin reminded me of a GI with their first strip managing the new grunts, she went bonkers with power. Good show, we need more on politics as it is, not as it pretends to be.

Is the last line in the movie "She will fade away and no one will remember they ever heard of her." Or something to that effect.

One of the so called experts says that as they face what they have done. Brief interview with Stevie Boy, I believe ends the show.

Last edited:

Yes it was......

It shows how wrong they were at the time in their assessment of Palins popularity

I saw parts of the piece of shit joke everyone is mistaking for a movie. No fair minded person would be defending it, period.

Which parts?

when that schmuck woody harellson was arguing with Palin- telling her she has to stop lying then she told him all those people are here to hear her so she's going to do what she wants, and scene after that when harellson was at the bar talking about the campaign and how unqualified Palin was..

Both of those scenes were clearly without substance, and made to make Palin look bad. The actress who played Palin wasn't trying to resemble Palin, but more like Tina Fey's cariature of Palin and that should be obvious to anyone.

One just has to wonder, if the left had not demonized Palin so much would she have gone back to Alaska to fade into obscurity. The left keeps her out there and the more they do that the more she has a chance to fire back and the more popular she gets.

I understand from today that the people that made Game Change have also made one of obama's campaign advertisements where he attacks Palin as if she were running against him.

One just has to wonder, if the left had not demonized Palin so much would she have gone back to Alaska to fade into obscurity. The left keeps her out there and the more they do that the more she has a chance to fire back and the more popular she gets.

I understand from today that the people that made Game Change have also made one of obama's campaign advertisements where he attacks Palin as if she were running against him.
Link...?

Which parts?

The parts that have been looped to perpetuity on TheFOXNEWS.

Since the righties have tossed their Carbonite and AOL subscriptions overboard, do you think any of these stalwarts will cancel their HBO or Cable subscriptions on principle or are they not quite so principled when their entertainment is in jeopardy?

Forum List

Back