Did You Know The War On Terror Is Over?

Just because the Obama Administration is willing to make illusory politically-motivated (and outrageously false) claims doesn't mean any of us should make the mistake of taking them seriously.

If we tell the terrorists the war is over, do they stop trying to attack us?

I suspect that most intelligent adults (this leaves out the majority of the goobers in the Obama Administration, of course) realize that the correct answer to that question is "no."

So while the Obama Administration plays its fantasy games, the rest of us should probably continue to be vigilante. That starts with changing the Administration.

It's not. It's the right wing echo chamber.........trying to get their main man Mr. 1% in.

Starting your dopey platitude with the indefinite pronoun doesn't lend clarity to your post.

Wow, that's a really intelligent insult. However claiming that the current administration is declaring the " War on Terror is over" is utterly false. Typical of the "Cult of Fake Outrage" America is seeing from the rabid right. It seems they will stoop to any level to try and get Mitt Romney elected.

Did You Know The War On Terror Is Over?

who won?

Nobody. Because here in the real world, it's not over.

some "wars" are not winnable.
The war on drugs, war on poverty, war on terror, war on assholes, etc.

There is a huge difference between a misnamed fight against illegal drug distributors or a misnamed war against "poverty" on the one hand and a war against terrorists on the other.

It is possible to defeat terrorists.

It is not possible to defeat the concept of "terrorism."

It is possible to kick al qaeda's ass.

It is not possible to thereby prevent all assholes on the planet Earth from ever resorting to the technique of terrorism.

It should have been called "the police action on terror". I guess it's just not snappy enough to sell to the fearful.

It's not. It's the right wing echo chamber.........trying to get their main man Mr. 1% in.

Starting your dopey platitude with the indefinite pronoun doesn't lend clarity to your post.

Wow, that's a really intelligent insult. However claiming that the current administration is declaring the " War on Terror is over" is utterly false. Typical of the "Cult of Fake Outrage" America is seeing from the rabid right. It seems they will stoop to any level to try and get Mitt Romney elected.

The current administration official is the asshole who SAID it.

Take your petty-assed quibble up with the Administration.

It seems like those assholes will stoop to any level to obtain the re-election of the Moron in chief.

It should have been called "the police action on terror". I guess it's just not snappy enough to sell to the fearful.

Your critique of the lingo is duly noted and dismissed as the tripe it is.

In the interim, most people are not "fearful" so much as willing to engage in appropriate measures for our self defense.

Your objection to that is flatly stupid of you.

Last edited:
This mean we get to repeal the NDAA, pull out of Afghanistan and stop spending money on Iraq and all the other semi wars we are in?

Something tells me no....

Your critique of the lingo is duly nioted and dismissed asthe tripe it is.

In the interim, most people are not "fearful" so much as willing to engage in appropriate measures for our self defense.

Your objection to that is flatly stupid of you.

Can't sell a voluntary war without stating the dire consequences of not acting, that's the part that sells it to the public.

Only chicken hawks and war profiteers make war an entirely rational and positive choice. The rest of us like our soldier relatives and friends too much to waste their lives for no good reason, it takes a lot of fear to make the public feel their sacrifice was worth it.

I say,if there are threats,use tech to snuff the islamofacists,precise strike,no nation building,ketem clean it up if we get fucked with again.
if we used more daisy cutters and less lives,afghanistan would gave been in control rather than the piece if shit apologizing to the taliban.

Last edited:
Guess those that deny theres a threat dont remember 9/11.
thats what happens when you let your guard down at all levels.
are yall ready to worship allah?

I wonder if the men and women dodging bullets and ied's think this is accurate.

Do you think the people dodging bullets and ieds care whether or not it's called the "War on Terror"?

I think the perception of their contributions matter big time. Were they out of the field of battle this proclamation would be no big deal. But their not........

Remember Bush's foolish Mission Accomplished? This is no different.

Using semantics for votes, YES:

The president realizes he has no choice but to cultivate the Muslim Brotherhood and other relatively “moderate” Islamist groups emerging as lead political players out of the Arab Spring in Egypt, Tunisia and elsewhere. (The Muslim Brotherhood officially renounced violence decades ago, leading then-dissident radicals such as Ayman al-Zawahiri to join al Qaida.)
It is no longer the case, in other words, that every Islamist is seen as a potential accessory to terrorists. “The war on terror is over,” one senior State Department official who works on Mideast issues told me. “Now that we have killed most of al Qaida, now that people have come to see legitimate means of expression, people who once might have gone into al Qaida see an opportunity for a legitimate Islamism.” [Emphasis added]

Forum List

Back