Did You Know The War On Terror Is Over?

You do realize the OP article is from 2009, August, right?

Interestimg.

Simply proves my point.

It was announced this morning.......unnamed WH official.

So why are we in Afghanistan? should I tell my buddies over there the war is over?:confused:
If it were me over there watching my pals getting maimed and killed and risking the same myself, I'd sure as hell want to know why we were doing it.

That's just me, though. :dunno:

"I mean, can we now fire the TSA? They were only put in place after the “terror” attacks on 9/11. If the war on terror is over, the TSA is no longer needed (even if you assume they were effective at all, which they weren’t).

Can we now repeal the Patriot Act which was passed out of an urgency to defend America from terrorists?

Will Obama nullify the NDAA that he recently signed, which uses the excuse of the “war on terror” to legalize secret arrests and the stripping of due process from all Americans?

Can we now deconstruct the DHS and fire Janet Napolitano who has become the (nauseating) face of “fear your neighbor” campaigns?

Gee, if the War on Terror is over, then can we stop with the DHS buying 450 million rounds of hollow point ammo and bulletproof roadside checkpoint booths? (Department of Homeland Security buying up enough ammo to wage seven-year war against the American people)

And can we stop with the Flying robotic spy drones that have now been launched from 63 launch sites across the USA?
Is there a drone in your neighbourhood? Rise of killer spy planes exposed after FAA is forced to reveal 63 launch sites across U.S. | Mail Online

*swiped from a blog...but sums it up for me.

Just because the Obama Administration is willing to make illusory politically-motivated (and outrageously false) claims doesn't mean any of us should make the mistake of taking them seriously.

If we tell the terrorists the war is over, do they stop trying to attack us?

I suspect that most intelligent adults (this leaves out the majority of the goobers in the Obama Administration, of course) realize that the correct answer to that question is "no."

So while the Obama Administration plays its fantasy games, the rest of us should probably continue to be vigilante. That starts with changing the Administration.

"I mean, can we now fire the TSA? They were only put in place after the “terror” attacks on 9/11. If the war on terror is over, the TSA is no longer needed (even if you assume they were effective at all, which they weren’t).

Can we now repeal the Patriot Act which was passed out of an urgency to defend America from terrorists?

Will Obama nullify the NDAA that he recently signed, which uses the excuse of the “war on terror” to legalize secret arrests and the stripping of due process from all Americans?

Can we now deconstruct the DHS and fire Janet Napolitano who has become the (nauseating) face of “fear your neighbor” campaigns?

Gee, if the War on Terror is over, then can we stop with the DHS buying 450 million rounds of hollow point ammo and bulletproof roadside checkpoint booths? (Department of Homeland Security buying up enough ammo to wage seven-year war against the American people)

And can we stop with the Flying robotic spy drones that have now been launched from 63 launch sites across the USA?
Is there a drone in your neighbourhood? Rise of killer spy planes exposed after FAA is forced to reveal 63 launch sites across U.S. | Mail Online

That's what we never learn about government -- once we the governed allow them these excesses, they almost never give them up. Exhibit A: federal income taxes.

That's what we never learn about government -- once we the governed allow them these excesses, they almost never give them up. Exhibit A: federal income taxes.

. . . [T]he first tax ranged from merely 1% on the first $20,000 of taxable income and was only 7% on incomes above $500,000. Who could complain? (Ed. note: Expressed in 1994 dollars this sentence would read, “the first tax ranged from merely 1% on the first $298,000 of taxable income and was only 7% on incomes above $7,460,000.”)
-- History of the 16th Amendment – W. Cleon Skousen - Latter-day Conservative

It is one thing to fail to learn from history. It is another thing to argue that the slippery slope theory is an immutable "law."

Silly: Quote From Anonymous State Dept. Official Turned Into Declaration Of "Surrender"

Silly: Quote From Anonymous State Dept. Official Turned Into Declaration Of "Surrender" | Media Matters for America

Right-wing media have seized on a National Journal report quoting an anonymous State Department official saying that "the war on terror is over" to claim that President Obama has "surrendered." In fact, both Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton have repeatedly emphasized their commitment to "eliminat[ing] terrorism" and have repeatedly said "we are at war" with Al Qaeda and other extremists.

Just because the Obama Administration is willing to make illusory politically-motivated (and outrageously false) claims doesn't mean any of us should make the mistake of taking them seriously.

I suspect that most intelligent adults (this leaves out the majority of the goobers in the Obama Administration, of course) realize that the correct answer to that question is "no."

So while the Obama Administration plays its fantasy games, the rest of us should probably continue to be vigilante. That starts with changing the Administration.

It's not. It's the right wing echo chamber.........trying to get their main man Mr. 1% in.

You idiot/dupes believe ANYTHING the Moonie Times says? LOL!
Also goes for Rush/Beck/Savage/Breitbat inc/Fox/Pubs/Rw websites...

Unbelievable dupes...hoping for yourrecovery, don't you EVER get tired of being lied to and played... fer chissake:cuckoo::lol::(:mad::eusa_shifty::eusa_whistle:

It's not. It's the right wing echo chamber.........trying to get their main man Mr. 1% in.

Starting your dopey platitude with the indefinite pronoun doesn't lend clarity to your post.

You idiot/dupes believe ANYTHING the Moonie Times says? LOL!
Also goes for Rush/Beck/Savage/Breitbat inc/Fox/Pubs/Rw websites...

Unbelievable dupes...hoping for yourrecovery, don't you EVER get tired of being lied to and played... fer chissake:cuckoo::lol::(:mad::eusa_shifty::eusa_whistle:

You go down on the President and swallow whatever he has to offer.

A fucking ADMINISTRATION official was quoted, by the way, not just in the old Times piece, you imbecile.

Are you CAPABLE of reading comprehension, you twit?

Forum List

Back