Did you enjoy high school?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Semper Fi, Nov 2, 2007.

?

1. YES!

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. For the most part

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  3. Take it or leave it

2 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. Not really

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  5. NO!

5 vote(s)
    26.3%
  1. Semper Fi

Semper Fi VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +130

2. Mr. P

Mr. P Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +620
    Hated it for the most part.

3. manu1959

manu1959 Left Coast Isolationist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,626
    it was cool.....

4. jillian

jillian Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +22,439
    Had the usual adolescent angst, mean girls, unrequited crushes and high drama. But also had my best friends who are still my best friends. Got to spend time doing musical shows, gossiping with friends, reading great books and learning new things. Was a great time overall. One wasted on someone as young as we were :eusa_angel:

And the boys were cute. :eusa_whistle:

5. mattskramer

mattskramer Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    I was a bright kid but also a bit of an intellectual smart-alecky. I attended a public school but the students were expected to pledge allegiance under God. We also had to sit through a Christian prayer given over the public address system. I asked to recite my prayer in similar fashion (certainly not a Christian prayer) but I was denied. Oh well. I made my points without creating a fuss.

I also recall when a teacher was telling us about Christopher Columbus. She said that he “discovered” the new world. I said that I to, in similar fashion, wander down the street and discover a new house. My teacher just smirked at me and shook her head.

Those were fun times for me.

6. Shattered

Shattered Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, yes. High school was cool. :)

7. akiboy

akiboy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Well , I am in my final year of high school..Its been a bumpy ride so far with more surprises yet to come!! The scholastic part of it was okay though I screwed up on some tests and exams..The worst part is that the teachers want you to get your parents signature for each and every goddamn test they conduct!!! Activities and Sports are really fun..The downside is that I gotta cut back on soccer and drama!:(

8. 007

007 Charter Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,217
    Hated it. I actually graduated a half credit short in English. My mother, bless her soul, on my behalf pleaded with our school principle to sign my diploma if I took a college extension course equal to a half credit, and he said yes. The school really wanted to get rid of my hoodlum ass. So I took a college level 18 week long extension class in Auto Engine Mechanics in 3 weeks and got an A-. They wondered how I could do that and get such mediocre grades in high school. Answer: I liked the extension course. It interested me. Years later in college I was on the "high" Honor Roll with a 3.85 GPA.

I never went to a single prom, dance, game, nothing. I couldn't get far enough away from school when it was time to go home. I can't put my finger on anything in specific why I hated it so either. I just did.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  9. Said1

Said1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +937
    I finished a credit short, took a year off and attended college as a mature student. Where there's a will, there's a way.
    I hated school with a passion. I took part in nothing past gr 7 and couldn't get far enough away from it either. For me, I was just too cool for school. :doubt:

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. Semper Fi

Semper Fi VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +130
    That's kinda how I am. I do go to dances and games sometimes, but not because I like my school, just something to do with my friends. I wear my maroon letterman's jacket with a giant H on it, too, because I bought it last year and I think it looks good on me :cool:. What I think I dont like about school is the other people I'm forced to spend my time with. That, and because the staff treats me as a four year old, while I view them as colleagues.