Did Unemployment Offices really operate like this in the 1970's?

No clue what you´re on about.

Today the Unemployment Office only gives you 6 months to find a job

In 1971 the Unemployment Office helped you find a job
no they did not. LOL
The did in Ohio and still do. They will give you job leads but it is up to you to land the job.
So they don't really help you find a job. They hand out suggestions you're required to follow through (or not in many states).

Unemployment Offices are not Employment Offices. They have tried different things through the years but one thing -- it is unemployment insurance.

Today they have a web site that list jobs and you can apply online for them. My UE only lasted 10 weeks before they kicked me to the curb.

Fuck a website I prefer to have someone help me at the UC Center

You can get help...but you'll have to learn the dance moves first.

no they did not. LOL
The did in Ohio and still do. They will give you job leads but it is up to you to land the job.
So they don't really help you find a job. They hand out suggestions you're required to follow through (or not in many states).

Unemployment Offices are not Employment Offices. They have tried different things through the years but one thing -- it is unemployment insurance.

That's why temp agencies are so popular now

Today they have a web site that list jobs and you can apply online for them. My UE only lasted 10 weeks before they kicked me to the curb.

is this a hit & run troll post? wtf?

memes and videos that actually add nothing. unless of course it's about the poster themselves, a mental masturbatory thing

is this a hit & run troll post? wtf?

memes and videos that actually add nothing. unless of course it's about the poster themselves, a mental masturbatory thing

*sigh* I refer you to my signature.

Florida is one of the worst States with UE.... something like maximum weekly payout is around $270, but in my State of Maine, maximum is around $380, Massachusetts is like $720 a week for their maximum payout! And Maine is 20 or 26 weeks collecting before you are kicked to the curb... it is a lot harder to find and replace, a good paying job up here, I suppose?

I was watching a episode of Sanford and Son and Lamont when to the Unemployment Office to file for unemployment. But the guy said as long as we can find a job based on your education and work experience you won't need to collect UC

Damm why can't it be way that now?

That is the way it is now and always has been.
In fact, to collect unemployment, I had to keep showing a list of places I applied to and was turned down.
If I ever failed to accept a job they arranged for me, they cut off unemployment.

But if you think you are paying taxes towards unemployment, you are totally wrong.
The applicant is only getting the money the government took out of the applicants paycheck while they were working, as well as an employer contribution.
No additional money is ever put into unemployment payouts.
It is always just the applicants own money being given back to them, as well as an employer contribution.

no they did not. LOL

Yes they did and still do.
I am a contractor so lived in lots of states and had lots of 6 to 18 month jobs, usually with some unemployment in between.
And I have never run into a state yet that did not find me jobs and insist I take them or lose all benefits.

It's unemployment insurance. Why do conservatives and others act as if it is a welfare program, and do they view health insurance that way?

Agreed. It is only your own money, (plus employer contribution), being given back to you. It is not at all welfare.

I was watching a episode of Sanford and Son and Lamont when to the Unemployment Office to file for unemployment. But the guy said as long as we can find a job based on your education and work experience you won't need to collect UC

In fact, to collect unemployment, I had to keep showing a list of places I applied to and was turned down.
If I ever failed to accept a job they arranged for me, they cut off unemployment.

But if you think you are paying taxes towards unemployment, you are totally wrong.
The applicant is only getting the money the government took out of the applicants paycheck while they were working, as well as an employer contribution.
It is always just the applicants own money being given back to them, as well as an employer contribution.

The job that they arranged for you was it based on your experience and background?

The job that they arranged for you was it based on your experience and background?
no answer?

no answer?

If I have 20 years experience in Administrative Support/Customer Service they better not give me a lead for a Janitor lol

Why?
Was my first thought

UC is 26 weeks, why was yours only 10
He probably got a job after 10 weeks, or more likely, he did not have enough qualifying weeks of work to be eligible for more than 10 weeks of unemployment compensation.

That happens a lot with people who have a difficult time holding a job and jump from employer to employer often with periods of inactivity between jobs.

no answer?

If I have 20 years experience in Administrative Support/Customer Service they better not give me a lead for a Janitor lol
Doesn't the janitor job pay more?

Forum List

Back