Did The Great Flood Really Happen?

The account of Genesis found it's way into the Chinese written language
That isnt true and i have explained this to you several times.
The very person that made that claim, said not to believe it. She was wrong. But you cling to it. Why?
You are full of shit.

Well, im not.
Sun Weidong has nothing to do with the "account" of genesis in ancient chinese writings.
Your "theory", for example, is having 2 symbols that mean "west" and "woman" to translate to the story of eve in the Garden.
Its hackery. Probably why you dont see anyone besides Christians claiming this nonsense.
Proves the migration to China. Then there is the border sacrifice ceremony.
Why do you think the border sacrifice means anything?

A close examination of the actual text of the prayer offered during the Border Sacrifice with Biblical accounts of the creation story, particularly in the Book of Genesis, shows remarkable similarities.

The Table below compares side by side, the English translation of the prayer and related Biblical texts. It is hard not to notice the similarity between them.

Table 1: Comparing Text of the Border Sacrifice Prayer and the Bible
Prayer offered during Chinese Border Sacrifice Hebrew Bible Texts
“Of old in the beginning, there was great chaos, without form and dark. The five elements (planets) had not begun to revolve, nor the sun or moon to shine. In the midst (of the chaos) there existed neither form nor sound. You, O spiritual Sovereign, came out in your presidency, and first did divide the grosser parts from the purer.” “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.” –Genesis 1:1-2, NKJV.
“You made heaven. You made the earth. You made man. All things with their reproducing power got their being (from you).” “The God said, ‘Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters…’ And God called the firmament Heaven….and the dry land Earth” Genesis 1: 6-10.
“So God created man in His own image;… God blessed them and said, ‘Be fruitful and multiply…’” Genesis 1:26-28.
“It is I who made the earth and created mankind upon it. My own hands stretched out the heavens; I marshaled their starry hosts.” Isaiah 45:12
“Like a potter, you have made all things “Yet, O Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.” Isaiah 64:8

The very person that made that claim, said not to believe it. She was wrong. But you cling to it. Why?
You are full of shit.

Well, im not.
Sun Weidong has nothing to do with the "account" of genesis in ancient chinese writings.
Your "theory", for example, is having 2 symbols that mean "west" and "woman" to translate to the story of eve in the Garden.
Its hackery. Probably why you dont see anyone besides Christians claiming this nonsense.

A close examination of the actual text of the prayer offered during the Border Sacrifice with Biblical accounts of the creation story, particularly in the Book of Genesis, shows remarkable similarities.

The Table below compares side by side, the English translation of the prayer and related Biblical texts. It is hard not to notice the similarity between them.

Prayer offered during Chinese Border SacrificeHebrew Bible Texts
“Of old in the beginning, there was great chaos, without form and dark. The five elements (planets) had not begun to revolve, nor the sun or moon to shine. In the midst (of the chaos) there existed neither form nor sound. You, O spiritual Sovereign, came out in your presidency, and first did divide the grosser parts from the purer.”“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.” –Genesis 1:1-2, NKJV.
“You made heaven. You made the earth. You made man. All things with their reproducing power got their being (from you).”“The God said, ‘Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters…’ And God called the firmament Heaven….and the dry land Earth” Genesis 1: 6-10.
“So God created man in His own image;… God blessed them and said, ‘Be fruitful and multiply…’” Genesis 1:26-28.
“It is I who made the earth and created mankind upon it. My own hands stretched out the heavens; I marshaled their starry hosts.” Isaiah 45:12
“Like a potter, you have made all things“Yet, O Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.” Isaiah 64:8
It is similar. So why do you think that means anything?

You are full of shit.

Well, im not.

“Of old in the beginning, there was great chaos, without form and dark. The five elements (planets) had not begun to revolve, nor the sun or moon to shine. In the midst (of the chaos) there existed neither form nor sound. You, O spiritual Sovereign, came out in your presidency, and first did divide the grosser parts from the purer.”“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.” –Genesis 1:1-2, NKJV.
“You made heaven. You made the earth. You made man. All things with their reproducing power got their being (from you).”“The God said, ‘Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters…’ And God called the firmament Heaven….and the dry land Earth” Genesis 1: 6-10.
“Like a potter, you have made all things“Yet, O Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.” Isaiah 64:8
Just another piece in the puzzle that the early Chinese dynasties brought their religion from the west.

“Shang Di” was the god of China before Buddha. He was the creator God and animal sacrifice was offered to him.

You are full of shit.

Well, im not.

Just another piece in the puzzle that the early Chinese dynasties brought their religion from the west.

“Shang Di” was the god of China before Buddha. He was the creator God and animal sacrifice was offered to him.
Yeah, they ripped off pieces of the abrahamic religion. Or, so it seems.
Just like the abrahamic religion is ripped off from the sumerians.

You are full of shit.

Well, im not.

That must have been a neat trick to pull off 4,500 years ago.

How do you think they did that exactly? CNN? :rolleyes:

You are full of shit.

Well, im not.

Considering Abraham was Sumerian, it wasnt hard. lol
I find it humorous you have no problems saying the chinese did it, but when it is quite obvious the desert savages did it, you roll your eyes.
Humorous, but not surprising ;)

You are full of shit.

Well, im not.

I find it humorous you have no problems saying the chinese did it, but when it is quite obvious the desert savages did it, you roll your eyes.
Check your timeline, dummy. Abraham was after the migration from Mesopatamia. Besides, how would the Chinese have gotten it from Abraham exactly? Carrier pigeon? The Sumerian newspaper? Morse code? The internet? TV?

I have no problems saying that the people who migrated from Mesopotamia to China brought with them their religion and that's how it found its way into Chinese history 800 years before the Jews recorded it in writing, dum dum.

Of course I do find it humorous when presented with physical evidence and religious practices that could have only come from the Middle East, you ignore the obvious answer which is that it was brought there by people who migrated from the west to the east.

Think, TN.

You are full of shit.

Well, im not.

Check your timeline, dummy. Abraham was after the migration from Mesopatamia. Besides, how would the Chinese have gotten it from Abraham exactly? Carrier pigeon? The Sumerian newspaper? Morse code? The internet? TV?

I have no problems saying that the people who migrated from Mesopotamia to China brought with them their religion and that's how it found its way into Chinese history 800 years before the Jews recorded it in writing, dum dum.

Of course I do find it humorous when presented with physical evidence and religious practices that could have only come from the Middle East, you ignore the obvious answer which is that it was brought there by people who migrated from the west to the east.

Think, TN.
Those sacrifices date way before the estimated birth of Abraham.
The sumerian religion, however, is over 6k years old.

You are full of shit.

Well, im not.

Think, TN.
The Sumerian religion was never a monotheistic religion, TN. So that isn't the religion of the Chinese Creator God Shang Di.

But even if it were it would still have had to be brought to China by someone from the west, right?

You are full of shit.

Well, im not.

Think, TN.
The Sumerian religion was never a monotheistic religion, TN. So that isn't the religion of the Chinese Creator God Shang Di.

But even if it were it would still have had to be brought to China by someone from the west, right?
I know it wasnt. And neither was Shang Di. There were many gods. Shang Di was just the supreme ruler of the others. In fact, shandi actually means supreme diety.

You are full of shit.

Well, im not.

Think, TN.

I know it wasnt. And neither was Shang Di. There were many gods. Shang Di was just the supreme ruler of the others. In fact, shandi actually means supreme diety.
Not in the early Chinese dynasties. But you keep ignoring the archaeological evidence and religious practices of the first Chinese dynasties, TN. It's almost as revealing as your belief the bad vastly outweighs the good.

You are full of shit.

Well, im not.

Think, TN.

Not in the early Chinese dynasties. But you keep ignoring the archaeological evidence and religious practices of the first Chinese dynasties, TN. It's almost as revealing as your belief the bad vastly outweighs the good.
Of course, im not doing that. YOU are. But lying is your middle name.
When your god said liars will perish, was that an allegory? :rofl:

You are full of shit.

Well, im not.

Think, TN.

Like I said before... I find it humorous that when presented with physical archaeological evidence and religious practices that could have only come from the Middle East, you ignore the obvious answer which is that it was brought there by people who migrated from the west to the east.

You are full of shit.

Well, im not.

Think, TN.

Like I said before... I find it humorous that when presented with physical archaeological evidence and religious practices that could have only come from the Middle East, you ignore the obvious answer which is that it was brought there by people who migrated from the west to the east.
Im not ignoring it. I even agreed, earlier. You just got your panties in a wad because i said your religion was plagiarized :lol:

You are full of shit.

Well, im not.

Think, TN.

Im not ignoring it. I even agreed, earlier. You just got your panties in a wad because i said your religion was plagiarized :lol:
You kind of did dismiss it, TN. You came up with a bunch of dumb explanations that were quickly destroyed.

As for my panties being in a wad because you think monotheism was plagiarized from polytheism, doesn't it sound stupid when I put it that way? Of course if you disagree I'd be happy to explain it for you.

You are full of shit.

Well, im not.

Think, TN.

You kind of did dismiss it, TN. You came up with a bunch of dumb explanations that were quickly destroyed.

As for my panties being in a wad because you think monotheism was plagiarized from polytheism, doesn't it sound stupid when I put it that way? Of course if you disagree I'd be happy to explain it for you.
Of course, that didnt happen.
It just makes you sound stupid because it is far from that black and white. This is what we have all come to expect from you, though. So, no harm, no foul :)

You are full of shit.

Nestorian Christians were in Arabia proper and Tarout Island 100 years earlier than your article states and many Orthodox Christian mark the burning of the Christians of Najran by Jewish king in the 5th century AD.
Totally irrelevant to the claim that the founders of Chinese civilization migrated from Egypt.

Pretty farfetched.. like the claim of worldwide flood.
Only if you read it literally.

As for the basis for the claim that the founders of Chinese civilization migrated from Egypt that's based on evidence.

World wide is your claim. I think it was a flood of the Euphrates River Basin in 2900 BC that inspired the Sumerian tale.
No. That's not my claim. That would be a literally reading of an allegorical account of a historical event. The event was historical. The narrative was allegorical. I suspect the event occurred 6,000 to 12,000 years ago and was due to an asteroid strike either in the polar region or the ocean.

10,000 years ago the glaciers were in slow retreat. Prior to that the Arabian Peninsula had been a savanna. As the peninsula became more arid Arabs began migrating in waves to southern Iraq and the Levant. There is zero evidence of a flood in Arabia in the past 30 million years.

How odd that Moses never mentioned that.
It's not a science book remember. Genesis does say that the windows of heaven were open. Falling "stars" must have been a horrific sight...

Very poetic. The flood was cause by spring snowmelt from the mountains and heavy spring rains.. The Euphrates river is always swollen in the spring.
I doubt the flood in the account was a normal type of flood.

Right. It was massive.. It was 150 miles wide and 350 miles south towards the Persian Gulf. It covered the Euphrates river basin.. VERY flat terrain. It didn't cover any mountains.
That's what an asteroid strike that vaporizes thousands of gigatons of water into the stratosphere will do.

Millions of years ago the Euphrates river ran all the way to the Indian ocean.

The Euphrates river still still floods.. That's how the delta south of Basra was formed.

The technologies that the Hyskos had earlier developed—bronze metallurgy, chariots, literacy, domesticated plants and animals—were precisely those that have been excavated at the Shang dynasty capital, Yinxu. [16]

In 1700 BC. Noah's flood dates to 2900 BC.

The Chinese Bronze Age had begun by 1700 B.C. in the kingdom of the Shang dynasty along the banks of the Yellow River in northern China. At times the Shang kings ruled even larger areas. Contrary to common notions about the Chinese, the Bronze Age Chinese did not drink tea or eat rice.

The Great Bronze Age of China | Asia for Educators ...

You are full of shit.

Well, im not.

Think, TN.

Of course, that didnt happen.
It just makes you sound stupid because it is far from that black and white. This is what we have all come to expect from you, though. So, no harm, no foul :)
What didn't happen, TN? You didn't dismiss archaeological evidence and religious practice evidence which shows the first Chinese dynasties worshiped the God of Abraham? Or Monotheism wasn't plagiarized from polytheism? Because you did make both arguments.

You are full of shit.

Nestorian Christians were in Arabia proper and Tarout Island 100 years earlier than your article states and many Orthodox Christian mark the burning of the Christians of Najran by Jewish king in the 5th century AD.
Totally irrelevant to the claim that the founders of Chinese civilization migrated from Egypt.

Pretty farfetched.. like the claim of worldwide flood.
Only if you read it literally.

As for the basis for the claim that the founders of Chinese civilization migrated from Egypt that's based on evidence.

World wide is your claim. I think it was a flood of the Euphrates River Basin in 2900 BC that inspired the Sumerian tale.
No. That's not my claim. That would be a literally reading of an allegorical account of a historical event. The event was historical. The narrative was allegorical. I suspect the event occurred 6,000 to 12,000 years ago and was due to an asteroid strike either in the polar region or the ocean.

10,000 years ago the glaciers were in slow retreat. Prior to that the Arabian Peninsula had been a savanna. As the peninsula became more arid Arabs began migrating in waves to southern Iraq and the Levant. There is zero evidence of a flood in Arabia in the past 30 million years.

How odd that Moses never mentioned that.
It's not a science book remember. Genesis does say that the windows of heaven were open. Falling "stars" must have been a horrific sight...

Very poetic. The flood was cause by spring snowmelt from the mountains and heavy spring rains.. The Euphrates river is always swollen in the spring.
I doubt the flood in the account was a normal type of flood.

Right. It was massive.. It was 150 miles wide and 350 miles south towards the Persian Gulf. It covered the Euphrates river basin.. VERY flat terrain. It didn't cover any mountains.
That's what an asteroid strike that vaporizes thousands of gigatons of water into the stratosphere will do.

Millions of years ago the Euphrates river ran all the way to the Indian ocean.

The Euphrates river still still floods.. That's how the delta south of Basra was formed.
That's great. ~ 3 million years ago the earth transitioned from a greenhouse [planet to an ice house planet. So what?

Forum List

Back