Did The Great Flood Really Happen?

The account of Genesis found it's way into the Chinese written language
That isnt true and i have explained this to you several times.
The very person that made that claim, said not to believe it. She was wrong. But you cling to it. Why?
You are full of shit.

Nestorian Christians were in Arabia proper and Tarout Island 100 years earlier than your article states and many Orthodox Christian mark the burning of the Christians of Najran by Jewish king in the 5th century AD.
Totally irrelevant to the claim that the founders of Chinese civilization migrated from Egypt.

Pretty farfetched.. like the claim of worldwide flood.
Only if you read it literally.

As for the basis for the claim that the founders of Chinese civilization migrated from Egypt that's based on evidence.

World wide is your claim. I think it was a flood of the Euphrates River Basin in 2900 BC that inspired the Sumerian tale.
No. That's not my claim. That would be a literally reading of an allegorical account of a historical event. The event was historical. The narrative was allegorical. I suspect the event occurred 6,000 to 12,000 years ago and was due to an asteroid strike either in the polar region or the ocean.

10,000 years ago the glaciers were in slow retreat. Prior to that the Arabian Peninsula had been a savanna. As the peninsula became more arid Arabs began migrating in waves to southern Iraq and the Levant. There is zero evidence of a flood in Arabia in the past 30 million years.

The very person that made that claim, said not to believe it. She was wrong. But you cling to it. Why?
You are full of shit.

Nestorian Christians were in Arabia proper and Tarout Island 100 years earlier than your article states and many Orthodox Christian mark the burning of the Christians of Najran by Jewish king in the 5th century AD.
Totally irrelevant to the claim that the founders of Chinese civilization migrated from Egypt.

As for the basis for the claim that the founders of Chinese civilization migrated from Egypt that's based on evidence.

World wide is your claim. I think it was a flood of the Euphrates River Basin in 2900 BC that inspired the Sumerian tale.
No. That's not my claim. That would be a literally reading of an allegorical account of a historical event. The event was historical. The narrative was allegorical. I suspect the event occurred 6,000 to 12,000 years ago and was due to an asteroid strike either in the polar region or the ocean.

10,000 years ago the glaciers were in slow retreat. Prior to that the Arabian Peninsula had been a savanna. As the peninsula became more arid Arabs began migrating in waves to southern Iraq and the Levant. There is zero evidence of a flood in Arabia in the past 30 million years.

You are full of shit.

How odd that Moses never mentioned that.

ding

You'd think God would have told Moses about the Asteroids in Greenland.

Problem is they were building stone granaries in Jordan to store chickpeas 14,000 years ago... No evidence for flooding.

You are full of shit.

The accounts had been passed down orally from generation to generation for thousands of years before it was recorded in writing. The account of the flood was recorded as symbols in the Chinese language 800 years before Moses supposedly recorded it.

Again, the account recorded a historical event using an allegorical narrative. This was done to make the account more memorable so that it was easier to pass down.

ding

Problem is they were building stone granaries in Jordan to store chickpeas 14,000 years ago... No evidence for flooding.
Moses wasn't the author of that allegorical account. Nor was he the author of the 1st eleven chapters of Genesis. Those accounts had been passed down orally from generation to generation for thousands of years before it was recorded in writing. The first 11 chapters of Genesis records the world history that all nations share.

I've probably forgotten more science than you ever knew.
You mean you've made up more science...
Says the guy who say he can't see the big bang. :rolleyes:
"Unfortunately, we’ll never be able to see the Big Bang. Even though we’re looking back in time, right to the edge of the observable Universe, it’s just beyond our reach."
Why Can’t We See the Big Bang? - Universe Today
Did the link say because there was no light until galaxies formed? :rolleyes:

Don't be ashamed to be an evangelical and deny science, Taz. Own it.

You are full of shit.

It's not a science book remember. Genesis does say that the windows of heaven were opened. Falling "stars" must have been a horrific sight... The article does say, "The timing is still up for debate." To be off a few thousand years this way or that is not impossible. They keep saying that there is no evidence for the FLOOD, and yet I have no reason to believe that massive death and destruction can look differently after 6 plus thousands of years. And there is nothing saying that such massive explosions could not release radioactive materials that could wildly influence the dating of rocks and sediment.

Last edited:
You are full of shit.

It's not a science book remember. Genesis does say that the windows of heaven were open. Falling "stars" must have been a horrific sight...

Very poetic. The flood was cause by spring snowmelt from the mountains and heavy spring rains.. The Euphrates river is always swollen in the spring.

You are full of shit.

It's not a science book remember. Genesis does say that the windows of heaven were open. Falling "stars" must have been a horrific sight...

Very poetic. The flood was cause by spring snowmelt from the mountains and heavy spring rains.. The Euphrates river is always swollen in the spring.
I doubt the flood in the account was a normal type of flood.

You are full of shit.

Well, im not.
Sun Weidong has nothing to do with the "account" of genesis in ancient chinese writings.
Your "theory", for example, is having 2 symbols that mean "west" and "woman" to translate to the story of eve in the Garden.
Its hackery. Probably why you dont see anyone besides Christians claiming this nonsense.

Attachments

• 1617623772533.png
    1617623772533.png
    1.1 KB · Views: 11
ding

Moses wasn't the author of that allegorical account. Nor was he the author of the 1st eleven chapters of Genesis. Those accounts had been passed down orally from generation to generation for thousands of years before it was recorded in writing. The first 11 chapters of Genesis records the world history that all nations share.

It would have been passed down for millions of years.

You are full of shit.

Right. It was massive.. It was 150 miles wide and 350 miles south towards the Persian Gulf. It covered the Euphrates river basin.. VERY flat terrain. It didn't cover any mountains.

You are full of shit.

Well, im not.
Sun Weidong has nothing to do with the "account" of genesis in ancient chinese writings.
Your "theory", for example, is having 2 symbols that mean "west" and "woman" to translate to the story of eve in the Garden.
Its hackery. Probably why you dont see anyone besides Christians claiming this nonsense.
Proves the migration to China. Then there is the border sacrifice ceremony.

ding

It would have been passed down for millions of years.
Nope. Just a couple of thousand.

You are full of shit.

Right. It was massive.. It was 150 miles wide and 350 miles south towards the Persian Gulf. It covered the Euphrates river basin.. VERY flat terrain. It didn't cover any mountains.
That's what an asteroid strike that vaporizes thousands of gigatons of water into the stratosphere will do.

The technologies that the Hyskos had earlier developed—bronze metallurgy, chariots, literacy, domesticated plants and animals—were precisely those that have been excavated at the Shang dynasty capital, Yinxu. [16]

You are full of shit.

Well, im not.
Proves the migration to China. Then there is the border sacrifice ceremony.
Why do you think the border sacrifice means anything?

Forum List

Back