Did some fool really put a military base, an important one, in a flood plain?

I have more of a problem with land that belongs to the people being fenced off because the military used mostly desert as a bombing range and left live ordinance. Apparently there is a wonderful little island off the coast of Mass that is closed because the military left live ordinance all over the place in bombing runs during WW2. Clean it up for God's sake and give it back to the people.

Why?

Do you have ANY idea how dangerous that is?

Nebraska flooding inundates home of US Strategic Command

A naval base at least has to be at the water. Is Offutt Air Force Base really getting flooded? Is this the first time? Who is the idiot who put part of the base in the flood plain? Is this just a couple out houses or something that got flooded?

Talk me down, I'm on the edge of facepalming lol.
That's not all. They put stealth jets costing over $300,000,000.00 EACH into a hurricane zone during hurricane season and lost 10% of our fleet.

I just heard that 10% of our entire Stealth Fleet was lost by Donald Trump.

And made the excuse they couldn't fly because they are being serviced. Now they are gone.

Nice planning. Great foresight.

What did you want them to do? Tow them down the road?

Yeah I could definitely imagine better ways to spend DoD money than clearing an unused island, surely there are other places for folks to go.

Sounds like we're in agreement, Offutt doesn't have fighter jets.

They aren't stationed there. But they are there. There are X number of Fighters there on any given day just like every other AFB in the world.

Really? How many aircraft are normally at Maxwell Air Force Base?

The answer is usually zero.

Gunter Air Force Station? Zero. They don't even have a runway like they did many years ago!

Nebraska flooding inundates home of US Strategic Command

A naval base at least has to be at the water. Is Offutt Air Force Base really getting flooded? Is this the first time? Who is the idiot who put part of the base in the flood plain? Is this just a couple out houses or something that got flooded?

Talk me down, I'm on the edge of facepalming lol.
That's not all. They put stealth jets costing over $300,000,000.00 EACH into a hurricane zone during hurricane season and lost 10% of our fleet.

I just heard that 10% of our entire Stealth Fleet was lost by Donald Trump.

And made the excuse they couldn't fly because they are being serviced. Now they are gone.

Nice planning. Great foresight.

Still peddling this lie I see...

Gunter Air Force Station? Zero.
I already told him same for Offutt but he's engaged in some strange crusade to prove that saying "Offutt doesn't have fighters" is somehow incorrect. I guess by Darryl's logic since they flew an F-16 at Wings Over Myrtle Beach Airshow we should say that the Myrtle Beach International Airport has fighter jets.

You are trying to worm your way out.
Absolutely not, you keep implying this but I've done nothing but stand behind my statements. Offutt doesn't have fighter jets, and on any given day the number of fighters at Offutt is usually zero. I'm not sure which is more amusing, your active imagination dreaming up all this backpedaling or your pedantic obsession.

Just admit you don't know and press on. Otherwise, you get treated exactlyy like I treat Monobreath since that's his weakpoint. It's worse with you since you should know better. Just remember this the next time you go to rag on Monobreath. He isn't one of the worst around here by far on teh kook scale. And since you are doing one of his routines, maybe you should cut him some slack as well.
I think you have major self-esteem issues to be spending this energy engaging in the logical contortions necessary to convince yourself you've somehow pounced on me here. I stand by my statements as I have since this thread started. The more you type, the more foolish you look.

You made a blanket statement that was false. Strictly a Monobreath moment. Now you are trying to cover it up. At least Monobreath doesn't quite do that. He just moves on to the next insane idea. But you keep trying to cover it up. That means Monobreath actually has a leg up on you.

They aren't stationed there. But they are there. There are X number of Fighters there on any given day just like every other AFB in the world.

Gunter Air Force Station? Zero. They don't even have a runway like they did many years ago!

And you could say the same for Lowry AFB before they shut it down. Oh, they had a runway but near the end of it, they strung power cables rendering it worthless. Or how about Chanute AFB before they shut that down. It also had a runway. And fighters landed there, usually a one way trip on their way to becoming displays. I think the word "Operational Runway" comes into play. And almost any AFB with an operational runway with any length at all gets "Visitors".

And you could say the same for Lowry AFB before they shut it down. Oh, they had a runway but near the end of it, they strung power cables rendering it worthless. Or how about Chanute AFB before they shut that down. It also had a runway. And fighters landed there, usually a one way trip on their way to becoming displays. I think the word "Operational Runway" comes into play. And almost any AFB with an operational runway with any length at all gets "Visitors".

If they shut the runways down, and closed the base because it "might" get hit by a tornado, they would not have any aircraft. THAT is the point.

If they shut the runways down, and closed the base because it "might" get hit by a tornado, they would not have any aircraft. THAT is the point.

If that were the case, the entire Southern US would not have a single Flying base. At Pope AFB, they fly the EC-130s because that's a Tornado and Hurricane alley. Plus, the 82nd needs a jump off point. It's just far enough off the coast to not get hit hard by the hard weather of a Hurricane but it can get hit by the Tornadoes that come from one. But, otherwise, it's one of the nicest weather places I was ever at. When I was there, it was Pope Field. Today, it's the high winds and the floods that threaten the base. But since when did that bother a herky pig outfit.

You made a blanket statement that was false.
It wasn't false, I said Offutt AFB doesn't have fighter jets and it doesn't it.

Now you are trying to cover it up.
Only in your apparently rich imagination is some effort being made to backtrack or cover something up. You matter a lot less than you think.

There ARE fighters at Offutt. They just aren't stationed there. There are Fighters at Walker Airport in Grand Junction Colorado as well. They just aren't stationed there. The only reason I notice them is the sound of their engines. If the AF were visiting with the F-15 or F-16 I wouldn't notice since I am used to that sound but a F-18 has it's own unique sound. I don't notice them anymore but they are still there and flying about once a week on training missions. But to say that Walker Field doesn't have Fighters is just wrong. And you, cupcake, are wrong about Offutt not having fighters there. They do. just not their own.

Monobreath is proud of you. You are his other brother by another mother.

There ARE fighters at Offutt. They just aren't stationed there
Okay pedantic warrior, which fighters are at Offutt?

Also, I never got your response to how long you were stationed at Offutt.

And you, cupcake, are wrong about Offutt not having fighters there. They do. just not their own.
No, I'm correct. Offutt doesn't have fighters. Offutt has the aircraft in the wings assigned to Offutt, by your retarded logic any regional airport that has hosted an airshow where an F-16 showed up can be described as having fighters.

Okay you seem determined to turn this into trading insults, so I'll oblige. You seem like a sad little man who's desperately seeking validation and triumph by pouncing on meaningless attempts at word interpretation, I can only imagine how vapid your pathetic existence must be.

Last edited:
There ARE fighters at Offutt. They just aren't stationed there
Okay pedantic warrior, which fighters are at Offutt?

Also, I never got your response to how long you were stationed at Offutt.

And you, cupcake, are wrong about Offutt not having fighters there. They do. just not their own.
No, I'm correct. Offutt doesn't have fighters. Offutt has the aircraft in the wings assigned to Offutt, by your retarded logic any regional airport that has hosted an airshow where an F-16 showed up can be described as having fighters.

Okay you seem determined to turn this into trading insults, so I'll oblige. You seem like a sad little man who's desperately seeking validation and triumph by pouncing on meaningless attempts at word interpretation, I can only imagine how vapid your pathetic existence must be.

Since you want to keep going on this, I have time. I am fully retired with enough income that I don't need to work and have a very fast Internet hookup. This may be similar to me sitting in a parking spot about to pull out of the only available parking spot and you honk your horn to hurry me up. Hope you brought your lunch and a good sleeping bag.

Since you want to keep going on this, I have time.
You're the one who wanted to turn a disagreement into petty insults, so I'm all in let's keep going if that's what interests you.

I am fully retired with enough income that I don't need to work and have a very fast Internet hookup.
I'm also retired, have enough money that I don't need to work, and find it really funny to engage in banter with an intellectually challenged man-child. I look forward to our exchanges.

Since you want to keep going on this, I have time.
You're the one who wanted to turn a disagreement into petty insults, so I'm all in let's keep going if that's what interests you.

I am fully retired with enough income that I don't need to work and have a very fast Internet hookup.
I'm also retired, have enough money that I don't need to work, and find it really funny to engage in banter with an intellectually challenged man-child. I look forward to our exchanges.

Are you saying you are up to a challenge? Hey, this could be fun. Tell you what, do we keep it intellectual or do we get down and dirty? Maybe we need to create another message area for the Duel. You game cupcake?

Christ you're even more pathetic than I imagined. Sure Mr. Online Bullshit Warrior, whatever floats your boat. I've seen your attempts at debate, it's most straw man arguments and an amazing ability to pretend you don't see statements that sink your position.

So let me ask again since you keep ignoring the question and the issue here is Offutt AFB. How long were you stationed there?

Christ you're even more pathetic than I imagined. Sure Mr. Online Bullshit Warrior, whatever floats your boat. I've seen your attempts at debate, it's most straw man arguments and an amazing ability to pretend you don't see statements that sink your position.

So let me ask again since you keep ignoring the question and the issue here is Offutt AFB. How long were you stationed there?

I was in and out of there quite a bit. And I occasionally saw a fighter or two parked there. You don't have to be stationed at a base to know something. In fact, you can be stationed at a base and know nothing. It appears you are in the latter. Unless you worked TA or some sort of services you have no idea what goes on on a day to day operations of any base. Your self importance is only exceeded by your arrogance.

In fact, you can be stationed at a base and know nothing.
Nope, this was already explained to you but I'll try again since you're a bit dense. At Offutt almost everyone know when a plane takes off that is a fighter because it's unusual. As in everyone is at the window going what was that. You get a feel for whether it's common, and it isn't, which is what makes your "Offiut has fighters" thing that much sillier. For you to think one must work a certain job to notice fighters at Offutt screams naive, but hey you'll always go to great effort to project above your feeble weight class right?

Show me some more Droopyvids!

Forum List

Back