Did evolution happen ?

Which subject would you teach it under ?

Creation science is science. Evolution should be under philosophy.

“Creation science” is Christian fundamentalism.

Kitzmiller v. Dover: Intelligent Design on Trial
I believe the established authorities make presumptions with regard to Creationism, based on the influences of well entrenched elitists who are under the sway of evolutionary thought. The simple truth is that no one really enjoys competition which questions one's own values. And playing the "separation" ploy is rather lame. It requires no real investigation and involves only lawyers.

Your comment has the tangy taste of conspiracy theory. "Creationists" is just a label for christian fundamentalists. The links you and others provide to AIG and creation.com are fundamentalist Christian websites. I provided a link to the "statement of faith" they operate under.

Faith doesn’t claim evidence and it can not claim evidence. That's because faith isn't a tool-- it is a conclusion. Faith by definition is not a path to knowledge -- else, if the item is known, it no longer needs faith. If one can be said to "know there is a god" -- then of what need is there for faith?

Since reason won't suffice to support an irrational claim (i.e., supernatural beings being real, not fictional), one is forced into creating a "new method" by which one supports one's claims. Enter faith, theistically defined as the substance of things "hoped for"; the evidence of things not seen. I "hope for" a number of things-- but "hoping" is not enough-- there has to be evidence, and not evidence that is "not seen".
What do you know about fact vs faith? Please consider the following: Faith and facts - creation.com

Sorry, but I don't accept ID'iot / creationist quacks with an inherent (and announced bias toward a conclusion), to be a reliable source.

You can attempt to separate the ID'iot / creation ministries from one another but they are identical.

The courts have repeatedly struck the attempts of Christian fundies to force their nonsense ID'iot / creationist dogma into the public schools. You have repeatedly been handed humiliating defeats.

Fortunately, the public schools are protected by the US constitution from Christian fundamentalism.

Fortunately, we are making inroads to teach creation science in the US public schools and it is being taught in different states. The students question and challenge abiogenesis, ToE and evolutionary thinking and history. They think the facts do not back up what evolution teaches and that the facts were molded to fit the theory.

You are so looney that you cannot separate ID from creation and science from Christian fundamentalism. I'm not even sure you can speak science as most of your diatribe is against religion. It's reeks of the fruits of bitterness that you have grown.

Fortunately, Christian fundamentalists are not making inroads in the public school system. Kitzmiller vs. Dover was another humiliating loss in a series of humiliating losses for the Christian fundies.

Ten Major Court Cases about Evolution and Creationism

Fortunately, the courts have upheld the constitutional principle of separation of church and state. While you Christian taliban would want the US public school system to mimic some backwater Pakistani madrassah, we have a Constitution that protects our children from people like you.

While you angry, self-hating fundies would want to force you religion on others, the courts have repeatedly stepped in and identified that the false claims of ID’iot / creationism is nothing more than fundamentalist xtians attempting to impose their dogma as something it isn’t,
Unfortunately, since 1963 (when GOD became illegal as an interest of public education), the test scores have not improved. People once read Latin as a part of "college prep". Respect of authority has plummeted. The dumbing down of test scores has become the norm. And now we find that some have been paying money to get better test score ratings. Once college was a whole lot cheaper and not nearly 100 thousand dollars. Partying was not what schools were known for. I believe you are too young to realize just how silly your remarks really are...

Fortunately, since the inception of this nation, public education has been operated under the establishment clause.

The christian Taliban has no place in the public schools. The dumbing down of public schools with religious indoctrination is prevented by the US constitution and efforts by fundamentalist ministries falsely labeling christian fundamentalism as ID'iot / creationism has been repeatedly rejected by the courts.

If evolution it a fact, then why are there apes today like there were hundreds of thousands of years ago? And why haven't they evolved into humans, like evolutionists believe?

Because evolution is the dividing of a species with one remaining successful where it is and another moving off in a new direction. The chimps and gorillas do quite well in the jungle and have remained much the same. Hominids moved onto the ground, out onto the savannah, and the rest is history. Here we are discussing it.

"If Apes Evolved From Monkeys, Why Are There Still Monkeys?"

The fact that there are many species of animals which are unchanged after millions of years, negates the whole "theory" of evolution.

First of all, most of them have changed. Second, no, it doesn't.

If evolution it a fact, then why are there apes today like there were hundreds of thousands of years ago? And why haven't they evolved into humans, like evolutionists believe?

Because evolution is the dividing of a species with one remaining successful where it is and another moving off in a new direction. The chimps and gorillas do quite well in the jungle and have remained much the same. Hominids moved onto the ground, out onto the savannah, and the rest is history. Here we are discussing it.

The fact that there are many species of animals which are unchanged after millions of years, negates the whole "theory" of evolution.

sorry but none of them have changed to another species,,,change within a species based on environment and breeding is not evolution

sorry but none of them have changed to another species,,,change within a species based on environment and breeding is not evolution

Your conception of evolution is wildly inaccurate. Do some reading, please. Then you can discuss it intelligently.

Your conception of evolution is wildly inaccurate. Do some reading, please. Then you can discuss it intelligently.

well can you point me to something that proves where life was created from non living matter or where one species gave birth to another species???

well can you point me to something that proves where life was created from non living matter or where one species gave birth to another species???

Your request make no sense. Seriously, the internet makes it possible to learn this stuff without going to college, or spending time at the library. Once you understand the theory, you can critique it without sounding like a clueless crackpot.

Your request make no sense. Seriously, the internet makes it possible to learn this stuff without going to college, or spending time at the library. Once you understand the theory, you can critique it without sounding like a clueless crackpot.

oh so its the old I aint smart enough claim,,,

sorry I know exactly what evolution teachs and thats why I disagree because its 100% speculation based on flawed assumptions with no proof

sorry I know exactly what evolution teachs and thats why I disagree because its 100% speculation based on flawed assumptions with no proof

LOL - if you say so. I suppose you're a billionaire too, eh?

no

even after all the insults and claims of the great internet you still cant provide one single piece of evidence,,,

its OK cause I know none exist,,which is why all you have left is insults and personal attacks

Why would one species give birth to a different species? That kind of magical nonsense only occurs in tales and fables in your bibles?

You never had even a rudimentary education in the life sciences, right?

Observed Instances of Speciation

You'll never get proof of what happened millions or billions of years ago. What you will get is overwhelming evidence. And that applies to both evolution and the beginning of life.

You'll never get proof of what happened millions or billions of years ago. What you will get is overwhelming evidence. And that applies to both evolution and the beginning of life.
as of yet no evidence has been given,,,just speculation based on flawed assumptions

as of yet no evidence has been given,,,just speculation based on flawed assumptions

No evidence given.... except for the evidence given.

Doesn't that suggest a certain failure on your part?

Evidence life was created from non living matter: we're here. How we got here: speculation only since little or no evidence remains

Evidence one species gave birth to another species: overwhelming evidence from the fossil record and biology.

Evidence life was created from non living matter: we're here. How we got here: speculation only since little or no evidence remains

Evidence one species gave birth to another species: overwhelming evidence from the fossil record and biology.
like I said ,,,

speculation based on flawed assumptions

the first assumes we came from a wet rock and the second assumes the geo column happened over millions of yrs

both have been proven crazy at best and an outright lie at worst

like I said ,,,

the first assumes we came from a wet rock and the second assumes the geo column happened over millions of yrs

You're the one making 'wet rock' assumptions, no one else is. There are many theories but precious little evidence.

As for the geo column, it is well studied and the original assumption of thousands of years proved incompatible with the evidence and was lengthened to millions of years. Exactly what about the geo column has been 'proven' crazy?

like I said ,,,

You're the one making 'wet rock' assumptions, no one else is. There are many theories but precious little evidence.

As for the geo column, it is well studied and the original assumption of thousands of years proved incompatible with the evidence and was lengthened to millions of years. Exactly what about the geo column has been 'proven' crazy?
THEN WHAT IS THE PRIMORDIAL SOUP COME FROM???

and why is evolution taught as fact???

the geo column can be replicated easily today and there are many being formed right now in flooded areas

not to mention under evo's geo column an animal would have to sit in the open for millions of yrs without rotting or get eaten while getting covered for evo to work,,,
I could also get into polystrates but whats the use

maybe its you that doesnt know what evo claims

Forum List

Back