Did Creedence Clearwater Revival Ever Write A Bad Song?

Not one that I can think of and I spent a lot of time on the back roads with my buddies, our beer and Creedence.

Every song I remember was a keeper.

My favorite still is "Fortunate Son". The lyrics hit hard for that time.

Vietnam was going strong.

They wrote a couple boring ones, by my book, but mostly solid. I'm a huge LOVIN' SPOONFUL fan. John Sebastian did some great film soundtracks too.

Creedence didn't write the songs. John Fogerty wrote the songs. I remember early on when the band was getting successful, when the rest of the band members started showing their envy of Fogerty's great talent, so they demanded that they too should be able to cut an LP of their own songs. Ever the diplomat, Fogerty agreed, the LP was cut, and it was the most dismal flop in the band's history. So they shut up after that and counted their blessings.

Creedence didn't write the songs. John Fogerty wrote the songs. I remember early on when the band was getting successful, when the rest of the band members started showing their envy of Fogerty's great talent, so they demanded that they too should be able to cut an LP of their own songs. Ever the diplomat, Fogerty agreed, the LP was cut, and it was the most dismal flop in the band's history. So they shut up after that and counted their blessings.
Even Dan's 1980 single release?

I dunno about "ever the diplomat" but he sure gave 'em the rope and let 'em hang themselves.

I think Tom was jealous since the band was his idea, but hey -- John had all the talent, simple as that.

I dunno about "ever the diplomat" but he sure gave 'em the rope and let 'em hang themselves.

I think Tom was jealous since the band was his idea, but hey -- John had all the talent, simple as that.
he always gave them strong rhythm parts too......

I love the band and John fogerty on his own!! Matt and I just saw him in concert last month....he's almost 70 and you would never know it!!!! His son, who looks just like him was a guitarist in the band.....really cool to see them interact together!!!

I think when the band broke up...the record company kept him from performing his own songs for something like 10 years..... sad situation imo!!!!

I think when the band broke up...the record company kept him from performing his own songs for something like 10 years..... sad situation imo!!!!

Fantasy Records actually sued him for plagiarizing himself. That is, writing a new song that was out of their control that (they claimed) ripped off an older song that they held the rights to. Fogerty won that suit and then sued them back for attorney's fees. He lost that but took it to the Supreme Court and won. Happy ending.

Forum List

Back