Did Cooter bring down Eric Cantor?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Did Cooter bring down Cantor? ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

One of the most powerful Republicans in Washington lost his seat Tuesday to an upstart political novice named Dave Brat. Cantor spent ten times the amount Brat did in an attempt to retain the seat he has held since 2001.

But maybe it wasn’t the breakout popularity of Brat or the unpopularity of Cantor that led to his defeat. Perhaps it was Cooter from “The Dukes of Hazzard.”
Last week former Rep. Ben Jones, who played Cooter Davenport in the TV series, issued a public appeal to urge Democrats to vote for Brat in Tuesday’s primary.

“By voting for David Brat in the Seventh District Republican primary, we Democrats, independents, and Libertarians can make a big difference in American politics. It is your right to cast that vote,” Jones wrote

In the low-turnout open primary, where Democrats can vote in Republican races, the idea is not so crazy. A little more than 10% of the electorate voted. Brat received 36,000 votes to Cantor’s nearly 29,000

But Larry Sabato, director of the University of Virginia Center for Politics, said Brat also played a role in getting Democrats to vote against Cantor.

“You had Brat operatives going to Democratic Party committees, even on election eve, asking them to go to the polls to get rid of Eric Cantor,” Sabato said on CNN. “It had nothing to do with Dave Brat. There were robocalls to Democrats in that district, telling Democrats come out to the polls.”

Last edited:
I was thinking his pollster who blamed dem crossovers was just whining. But, now, I suspect he was right. The gop basically got a dem to quit to avoid expanding Medicaid in that state. Organized Crossing over to oust Cantor ... very possible.

I was thinking his pollster who blamed dem crossovers was just whining. But, now, I suspect he was right. The gop basically got a dem to quit to avoid expanding Medicaid in that state. Organized Crossing over to oust Cantor ... very possible.

Polls in local elections tend to be shaky but Cantor had money for high quality polling. I don't see how Cantor went from 18% up to losing by almost 20% overnight.

Cantor lost by 7000 votes. A last minute influx of Dems could have done it

Polls in local elections tend to be shaky but Cantor had money for high quality polling. I don't see how Cantor went from 18% up to losing by almost 20% overnight.

Dontcha know? There is only one possibility. Brat cheated. He got millions of illegals to vote for him, twice.

Well the link said Brat was actively going to dems to court their votes. And the Cooter thing. That implies Brat planned a "flank attack" Pretty funny if its true.

I never cared for Cantor. I like Tan Man, but Cantor had the sneer and he was very good at not answering questions ....

Dontcha know? There is only one possibility. Brat cheated. He got millions of illegals to vote for him, twice.

DEAD BLACKS! lol

Did the pollsters who had Cantor with a big lead poll only Republicans?

DEAD BLACKS! lol

He won because he promised the dead black felons and wetbacks a lot of government gifts.

I doubt if Brat could have won if there was voter ID

Reminds me alot of the Alvin Greene candidacy for Senator of South Carolina in 2010

Alvin Greene - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some speculated that Greene might have been a Republican plant. South Carolina Democratic Party officials noted that the practice of running select candidates to pressure candidates and influence election outcomes has occurred in the past, in both Democratic and Republican primaries. Nu Wexler, the former executive director of the South Carolina Democratic Party, commented "You have consultants doing this kind of thing just because they get bored, and they want something to tell good stories about. It's almost like fraternity pranks."[61] House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn, the first African-American elected to either the House or the Senate from South Carolina since Reconstruction, said that he suspected that Greene was a plant

Last edited:
I love this thread it starts off serious with democratic crossover, but then has libtards mocking voter id and illegal voting, which is ironic since we are talking about dems crossing over. So it is possible that ever wetbak and spear chucker did crossover and vote formthis guy, which is ok with me.....it actually proves my point of view, thanks for linking the two points together!

Cantor was the only Jewish Republican in Congress. How sad is that. Wouldn't you think the ZOG would keep him in power! Damn ZOG!

You'd have thought this would have woken his sorry ass up....The best part is towards the end, around 2:45 minutes in.

"Published on May 12, 2014
Eric Cantor gave about a 5 minute speech at the 7th District Convention - His HOME DISTRICT. About half of his speech was interrupted with Boos and heckles as Cantor complained about various things or told falsehoods. The crowd was 100% Republican. And the net result was Cantor's 7th District Chairman was defeated in favor of a Conservative Republican Fred Gruber. This doe not look well for the Cantor reelection effort.""""

Last edited by a moderator:

Cantor lost by 7000 votes. A last minute influx of Dems could have done it

Got $10 bucks? I'll tell you what happened anyway. One word.....Diebold.......

Diebold voting machines hacked with $10 in parts*|*Raw Replay

You'd have thought this would have woken his sorry ass up....The best part is towards the end, around 2:45 minutes in.

"Published on May 12, 2014
Eric Cantor gave about a 5 minute speech at the 7th District Convention - His HOME DISTRICT. About half of his speech was interrupted with Boos and heckles as Cantor complained about various things or told falsehoods. The crowd was 100% Republican. And the net result was Cantor's 7th District Chairman was defeated in favor of a Conservative Republican Fred Gruber. This doe not look well for the Cantor reelection effort.""""

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj5N5Rnr-6o

That is a common practice with TeaTards. Didn't you see the Healthcare Town Meetings in 2009? Only takes a couple to disrupt a meeting

Forum List

Back